Call waiting issue
Wondering if anyone else has had this issue. When I am on a call and I get another call the phone stops me from being heard, I have to hang up to continue my call.

Can I turn off call waiting to avoid this issue or has anyone seen this issue?

Thanks.
(12-08-2021, 07:42 PM)kmsgli Wrote: Wondering if anyone else has had this issue. When I am on a call and I get another call the phone stops me from being heard, I have to hang up to continue my call.

Thanks.

Really no one else has had this issue? It occurs everytime I get a call when I am on another call.
(12-11-2021, 03:39 PM)kmsgli Wrote:
(12-08-2021, 07:42 PM)kmsgli Wrote: Wondering if anyone else has had this issue. When I am on a call and I get another call the phone stops me from being heard, I have to hang up to continue my call.

Thanks.

Really no one else has had this issue? It occurs everytime I get a call when I am on another call.

at commands: https://wiki.pine64.org/images/1/1b/Quec...l_V2.0.pdf

i haven't tested call waiting on pinephone. actually, i haven't been using call wating for years because i don't need it. however i have been tested that AT+CCWA command for enable and disable but i don't remember specific string at the moment. could be "AT+CCWA=1,0,255" to disable.

you probably want to disable call waiting for mean while. what i know about some commands like call waitind and call forwarding, you may need to downgrade to gsm or umts network to do those commands.
Quote:at commands: https://wiki.pine64.org/images/1/1b/Quec...l_V2.0.pdf

i haven't tested call waiting on pinephone. actually, i haven't been using call wating for years because i don't need it. however i have been tested that AT+CCWA command for enable and disable but i don't remember specific string at the moment. could be "AT+CCWA=1,0,255" to disable.

you probably want to disable call waiting for mean while. what i know about some commands like call waitind and call forwarding, you may need to downgrade to gsm or umts network to do those commands.

How do I input commands to the modem directly?

Thanks
(12-14-2021, 08:17 PM)kmsgli Wrote:
Quote:at commands: https://wiki.pine64.org/images/1/1b/Quec...l_V2.0.pdf

How do I input commands to the modem directly?

Thanks

i think following, i remind of downgrading into umts or gsm networks.

Code:
to check:
as a user
$ sudo mmcli -m any --command="AT+CCWA=0,2"
as a root
# mmcli -m any --command="AT+CCWA=0,2"

to disable:
as a user
$ sudo mmcli -m any --command="AT+CCWA=0,0"
as a root
# mmcli -m any --command="AT+CCWA=0,0"
Code:
to check:
as a user
as a root

to disable:
as a user
as a root

Code:
[manjaro@manjaro-arm ~]$ sudo mmcli -m any --command="AT+CCWA=0,2"
[sudo] password for manjaro:
response: '+CCWA: 1,1
+CCWA: 1,32'
[manjaro@manjaro-arm ~]$ sudo mmcli -m any --command="AT+CCWA=0,0"
error: command failed: 'GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.Error.MobileEquipment.Unknown: Unknown mobile equipment error: 258'
[manjaro@manjaro-arm ~]$

That is what i got from those commands.
(12-15-2021, 05:07 PM)kmsgli Wrote:
Code:
to check:
as a user
as a root

to disable:
as a user
as a root

Code:
error: command failed: 'GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.Error.MobileEquipment.Unknown: Unknown mobile equipment error: 258'
[manjaro@manjaro-arm ~]$

first command seems to indicate that call waiting is on. call waiting is more less operator service.

my guess downgrade to lower networks has some issues, if using gui, disable and enable modem after selection of network technology. then try latter command again.
(12-16-2021, 01:12 AM)zetabeta Wrote:
(12-15-2021, 05:07 PM)kmsgli Wrote:
Code:
to check:
as a user
as a root

to disable:
as a user
as a root

Code:
[manjaro@manjaro-arm ~]$

Quote:first command seems to indicate that call waiting is on. call waiting is more less operator service.

my guess downgrade to lower networks has some issues, if using gui, disable and enable modem after selection of network technology. then try latter command again

Tried using the network options in the settings to downgrade to 2g network still with no luck. Peculiar no one else has reported this issue?
(12-17-2021, 07:01 PM)kmsgli Wrote: Tried using the network options in the settings to downgrade to 2g network still with no luck. Peculiar no one else has reported this issue?

for some unknown reason i retested and ccwa commands does not work through mmcli, it worked in the past. try minicom "minicom -D /dev/ttyUSB2".

for minicom, getting menu is control-a and z. in menu, q for quit and e for echo on/off.
(12-19-2021, 01:19 PM)zetabeta Wrote:
(12-17-2021, 07:01 PM)kmsgli Wrote: Tried using the network options in the settings to downgrade to 2g network still with no luck. Peculiar no one else has reported this issue?

for some unknown reason i retested and ccwa commands does not work through mmcli, it worked in the past. try minicom "minicom -D /dev/ttyUSB2".

for minicom, getting menu is control-a and z. in menu, q for quit and e for echo on/off.

I cant seem to make minicom work, with any luck it will be fixed in a release down the road it seems to happen every time. Bad luck with phone call timing i guess.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  systemic issue pinephone penguins_rule 3 364 04-02-2024, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  debugging issue realted to iso image wth extra data eror penguins_rule 2 224 03-31-2024, 08:59 PM
Last Post: zed_pm
  new PinePhone upgrade issue WhiteHexagon 5 1,759 05-09-2023, 04:09 PM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Internal Microphone issue during calls Viktor 6 2,483 03-31-2023, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Viktor
  Firefox issue with latest update Barugon 6 2,348 01-28-2023, 01:29 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  Unable to hear caller or speak after answering a call danimations 5 3,984 11-01-2022, 02:06 PM
Last Post: X0X0X0X0X0
  Weird call... Eugo 3 1,956 09-15-2022, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Eugo
  New issue with phone calls kmsgli 13 6,564 08-15-2022, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Gon
  Pinephone craches after each call neithan76 2 1,587 07-29-2022, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Chief
  Can't call or receive calls PJK2012 3 2,850 04-26-2022, 03:05 PM
Last Post: PJK2012