Wont charge when powered off, and update question
Just started using it this week, updated Manjaro, selected hibernate in gui and it did nothing so I did shutdown. Then later when I press power it would power on but to a black screen for a few seconds and then shutoff... Wtf did it battery drain due to the hibernation error??? Then I realized it only will charge when USB C is in when its on and got it to boot again, this seemed dangerous, potential brick how to fix?

Also I am trying to fix this annoying laggy mouspad from https://github.com/dragan-simic/pinebook...rd-updater here, got a simple question, on this git page it says 
Code:
thus, if you use the packaged version, replace ./updater in the instructions below with pbp-fwupdate. Please note that the Manjaro package provides no custom keymaps described later in this documentation.
Huh there is an update utility for the PBP? Seems hard to believe, >sudo pacman -Syu pbp-fwupdate = error: target not found: pbp-fwupdate
Well shit... My question is it better to do this mousepad/ keyboard update with this "Firmware updater utility" (I cant pacman the "packaged version??") or not (just use ./updater as said above).

Is there a proper tutorial anywhere on how to properly update the PBP stock manjaro? Undecided

Thanks
It looks like you were first in the right place to find the proper firmware updater. Mangaro nor any other operating system that I'm aware of will (nor should) do this.

Keep in mind that what you are doing to fix the touchpad is an actual firmware update, as in real firmware, not a software update a la Linux "firmware".
:wq

[ SRA accepts you ]
(12-06-2021, 07:26 PM)KC9UDX Wrote: It looks like you were first in the right place to find the proper firmware updater.  Mangaro nor any other operating system that I'm aware of will (nor should) do this.

Keep in mind that what you are doing to fix the touchpad is an actual firmware update, as in real firmware, not a software update a la Linux "firmware".

Uh.. So do you mean I should use "pbp-fwupdate" in place of "./updater" from the instructions in the github? What is the benefit of using it over the standard ./updater ? Tough crowd here, not much help, vague. Appreciate you atleast responding.
If you are using the git,, use ./updater,,,, for the 2nd stage, be aware that you have to cd to the git directory
(since updater is in the git directory and not in any path)
The manjaro package had the same software, but setup a little differently,
but you did NOT get it installed so pbp-fwupdate will give you a "file not found" message
This is if I understand your post correctly...........
(12-06-2021, 05:44 PM)pineymousepad Wrote: Huh there is an update utility for the PBP? Seems hard to believe, >sudo pacman -Syu pbp-fwupdate = error: target not found: pbp-fwupdate
Well shit... My question is it better to do this mousepad/ keyboard update with this "Firmware updater utility" (I cant pacman the "packaged version??") or not (just use ./updater as said above).

If you want to use pbp-fwupdate, you have to install the proper package which is pinebook-pro-keyboard-updater. The name of the package is not always the name of the command. Instructions are right before the ones you quoted:
Quote:The name of the package is pinebook-pro-keyboard-updater, and the firmware update command is named pbp-fwupdate

Using the packaged version is easier because you don't have to compile the software yourself. But:
Quote:Please note that the Manjaro package provides no custom keymaps described later in this documentation.
(12-09-2021, 02:13 AM)kqlnut Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 05:44 PM)pineymousepad Wrote: Huh there is an update utility for the PBP? Seems hard to believe, >sudo pacman -Syu pbp-fwupdate = error: target not found: pbp-fwupdate

If you want to use pbp-fwupdate, you have to install the proper package which is pinebook-pro-keyboard-updater. The name of the package is not always the name of the command. Instructions are right before the ones you quoted:
Quote:The name of the package is pinebook-pro-keyboard-updater, and the firmware update command is named pbp-fwupdate

Using the packaged version is easier because you don't have to compile the software yourself. But:
Quote:Please note that the Manjaro package provides no custom keymaps described later in this documentation.

Thank you so much for this post, I just did >sudo pacman -Syu pinebook-pro-keyboard-updater ....
Total Download Size:    818.24 MiB
Total Installed Size:  2828.11 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:       -36.76 MiB

HOLY SH!*@#* ALMOST 3GB??? I must be missing something, please clarify.. I am assuming "custom keymaps" is unnecessary.
Thanks again, will rate anyone helps me here.
(12-09-2021, 07:10 PM)pineymousepad Wrote: I just did >sudo pacman -Syu pinebook-pro-keyboard-updater ....

HOLY SH!*@#* ALMOST 3GB??? I must be missing something, please clarify..

That's because you ran pacman with the -u flag which is updating all your installed packages that have newer versions available. You probably haven't updated in a while. If you only want to install the package, omit the -u flag. But it's advisable to keep your system updated.
(12-10-2021, 02:27 AM)kqlnut Wrote:
(12-09-2021, 07:10 PM)pineymousepad Wrote: I just did >sudo pacman -Syu pinebook-pro-keyboard-updater ....

HOLY SH!*@#* ALMOST 3GB??? I must be missing something, please clarify..

That's because you ran pacman with the -u flag which is updating all your installed packages that have newer versions available. You probably haven't updated in a while. If you only want to install the package, omit the -u flag. But it's advisable to keep your system updated.

OK I updated and put my pinebook in sleep mode, now a day later it won't turn on, great... I press the power and see the power led on (after charging a bit, seems drained) but nothing shows on the screen, WTF?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  uboot wont boot to SD card after upgrade jbradley419 7 611 01-19-2024, 02:29 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Brand new Pinebook Pro doesn't boot after Manjaro update johnboiles 8 1,998 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM
  Newbie Question!! oniichann 3 777 10-26-2023, 07:09 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  After update, multiple problems, pinebook pro. jd50i 1 968 09-16-2023, 09:41 AM
Last Post: jd50i
  Metis package can't update Mangustis 1 981 02-22-2023, 03:23 PM
Last Post: robocone
  GPIO breakout question pinus_pinea 0 624 01-17-2023, 06:13 AM
Last Post: pinus_pinea
  Keyboard/Touchpad update SH61F83 IC zaphod80013 4 3,141 09-14-2022, 03:56 AM
Last Post: Carl
Big Grin EASY SOLUTION for Manjaro "Missing Keys" Update and Install Failure Zoroaster-Z 0 1,363 08-14-2022, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Zoroaster-Z
Question Pinebook Pro shows only bright white screen when powered on Sean Whitton 3 1,878 07-22-2022, 01:19 PM
  Ring around screen following update tylerjohnson3208 2 2,005 05-10-2022, 01:52 AM
Last Post: diyagabriel