Fine Times with the Pine Time - Review and Getting Started guide
I've written my impressions of the PineTime/InfiniTime into a blog post. I also noted how to get started and configure the PineTime to be usable on Android.

I can adapt it to a forum post if you'd prefer, but it doesn't seem to be against the board rules (and that would take a while), so I hope you don't mind me linking.

Fine Times with the Pine Time (Thranpages)
there will be no peace when they release the geese

my homepage
One minor note about the article, you used the word patronising in it, I don't think that was the word you wanted to use.
Nice article!

(11-21-2021, 07:32 AM)Avamander Wrote: One minor note about the article, you used the word patronising in it, I don't think that was the word you wanted to use.

Patronising/patronizing has multiple meanings and (I think) the most common meaning is different in British English and American English. Assuming https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/patronize is a reasonable summary of American usage, then it is notable that they list "to give money or support to (someone or something)" as the first definition. However the British English dictionaries that my filter bubble prefers list the same meanings but in a different order (and, of course, also with a different spelling  Smile )..
PineTime: wasp-os and MicroPython, Pinebook Pro:  Debian Bullseye
@danielt  Thanks for reading it!

Your thesis is correct; I've consulted the Chambers dictionary which is the final authority on all things spelt in the Queen's English. It lists the negative definition first.

I picked up that phrase "well worth patronising" from an old fellow long ago. The meanings must have shuffled over the years. But it still isn't uncommon to refer to locals at the pub as "patrons", and I assume most people understand what a "patron saint" does in Catholicism - he doesn't talk down to you, but rather advocates for your country or cause.

One of those understandable drifts in meaning, when the one being patronised is made into a helpless pauper!
there will be no peace when they release the geese

my homepage
Cheers for the post/guide.
Just ordered a dev/sealed kit and this was exactly the little head start I was looking for.
it would be nice for a follow up article to take a look at some of the other operating systems.
Yes we can flash each one and have a look but it is nice to get a good overview from someone with a bit more experience
(11-29-2021, 06:17 PM)joshndroid Wrote: Cheers for the post/guide.
Just ordered a dev/sealed kit and this was exactly the little head start I was looking for.
it would be nice for a follow up article to take a look at some of the other operating systems.
Yes we can flash each one and have a look but it is nice to get a good overview from someone with a bit more experience

I won't point you at my wasp-os videos (partly because I have a natural bias and partly because all my videos are all linked to from the wasp-os front page anyway), however I can point you to somebody else's wasp-os video if you are interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHa4xiOU2pA
PineTime: wasp-os and MicroPython, Pinebook Pro:  Debian Bullseye

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time working on the PineTime Dev Kit Msaulnier1 3 5,286 02-10-2021, 06:13 PM
Last Post: Msaulnier1
  First Time User jaysprout 3 6,557 08-16-2020, 12:02 AM
Last Post: jaysprout