How to import contacts with a .vcf file?
Howdy,

When I first ran Phosh and began setting things up, the Contacts app had me chose a contacts list and gave me the option to import a contacts list from a file.

Now that I has restarted and finished setting things up, I can't find a menu option to import a contact list from a file.

I have a list downloaded on the phone, but if there is a help file or a how-to, I can't find it.

How about doing it from the command line?

Thanks for any help!
IIRC you can load evolution on PMos: load it, import the vcf, then remove it.
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
(11-20-2021, 02:59 PM)LNXGUY Wrote: Howdy,

When I first ran Phosh and began setting things up, the Contacts app had me chose a contacts list and gave me the option to import a contacts list from a file.

Now that I has restarted and finished setting things up, I can't find a menu option to import a contact list from a file.

I have a list downloaded on the phone, but if there is a help file or a how-to, I can't find it.

How about doing it from the command line?

Thanks for any help!

Hi,

Currently there is only 'evolution' that could import contact list in vcf format. Place the vcf file in your home directory. Install it using apk:-

sudo apk add evolution
scale-to-fit evolution
evolution -i contacts.vcf
sudo apk del evolution

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I open an Abiword file from an external SD card with Abiword? Peter Gamma 5 1,868 08-25-2023, 02:05 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  How to include desktop file and icon in a postmarketos package patrickMcDonald 0 473 07-27-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: patrickMcDonald
  File Manager that Can Access FTP Local Network? jakfish 1 933 02-19-2023, 02:31 PM
Last Post: jakfish
  File selector dialogue crashes Firefox stozi 1 2,601 11-22-2020, 01:40 AM
Last Post: quantumphoton
  "save as" dialog file browser crashed and gone quantumphoton 0 1,571 10-25-2020, 06:50 PM
Last Post: quantumphoton