will you buy a pinephone pro and when?
i will buy pp pro as soon as possible (before spring 2022)
22.58%
i will buy pp pro later
16.13%
i will buy ordinary pp instead of pp pro
6.45%
i will not buy pp or pp pro (anytime soon)
19.35%
uncertain at this time
35.48%
31 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

will you buy pp pro and when, poll
there seems to be (over) enthusiasm with pinephone pro. i probably have it but later time and not in hurry. and in some way i think pinephone pro is worse than ordinary pinephone in some aspects, although we will see that.

if we look what pp pro did not improve over pp. same lte module, same battery, same screen size. although screen is harder according to specs. and still costs money, therefore could be sub-optimal combination.

i wonder how many of you will buy pinephone pro and how quickly, and here is a poll options.

a: i will buy pp pro as soon as possible (before spring 2022)
b: i will buy pp pro later
c: i will buy ordinary pp instead of pp pro
d: i will not buy pp or pp pro (anytime soon)
e: uncertain at this time

edit:
i forgot to tell that for option c and d, you may or may not have pinephone already. it could be first, second, third or whatever count pinephone.
You forgot options for people who already got a PP and who do plan (or not) uprading to PPP.

Personally, i just recently switched the Braveheart mainboard of my PP after buying an upgraded replacement board from the pine store.
Plenty enough for my needs, so i simply won't bother about a PPP.
Devices: Pinebook Pro & Pinephone (Braveheart)
(11-18-2021, 07:20 AM)vajak Wrote: You forgot options for people who already got a PP and who do plan (or not) uprading to PPP.

Personally, i just recently switched the Braveheart mainboard of my PP after buying an upgraded replacement board from the pine store.
Plenty enough for my needs, so i simply won't bother about a PPP.
i put some time on thinking options. other hand, if there is too much options then it's confusing. if there is too little then it's too innaccurate.if i  would have added options "do i have pp or not", then number of options would be 8 or 9.

however, question is about pp pro more rather than pinephones in general. option c is more like "i will buy ordinary pp instead of pp pro (if buying new or next one)".
The Pro looks interesting and performance should certainly be better. We don't really know about battery life yet. Spending $400 on a phone though? A bit of a stretch for me I'm afraid. So probably won't be buying one due to cost plus the fact that all I really use it for is phone calls. The standard model is working fine for that.
Honestly, the thing that excites me the most about the Pinephone Pro is the newer GPU that can support more modern graphics APIs like Vulkan. This has huge implications down the line, but I'm still of the opinion that the limited hardware oomph is not *the* big issue using the non-pro version. I think most of the daily frustrations of using the Pinephone are software-based.

I really want one, but my non-pro Pinephone runs just fine so its hard to justify replacing it. I'll give it another year or two, maybe three. Or maybe wait for the actual Pinephone 2 when that happens.
The PPP sounds like a better hand held computer, but I just need a phone, don't really need a computer in my pocket.

It would be kind of nice to have a better camera that focuses better, it would be kind of nice to have the GPS work. I don't _need_ any of that. I really do need a little better battery life, and that's the one thing it looks like the PPP isn't going to deliver..
Pinephone beta edition, convergence model, Mobian Bookworm with Phosh.
I won’t buy a pro, because I have all the issues worked out on my PinePhone and it is exactly what I needed/wanted in a phone.

For me, it’s a phone and a terminal if I need it & it fits those roles perfectly.

I am very happy with the standard version; thank you Pine team!
Satisfied PinePhone, Pinebook Pro & PineTab2 owner; Thank you Pine64Team for your work!  Smile
Likely not, especially not anytime soon. I've already bought the original PinePhone and I don't want to shelve it and spend twice as much on a different phone. If I had not already bought the original then for sure I'd have bought the Pro for the enhanced features but there's no way I'm I can justify paying twice as much along with the shipping costs again. It's already bad enough that I have to pay to ship the keyboard (assuming it ever gets released). Of course a big part of that problem is because of where I live so I can't blame anyone for that.
I enjoyed getting the Brave Heart phone, so SURE why not... (I already own 5, various editions)

Hopefully they give the early adapters a discount (again) when they sell the next re-vision mainboard for this.?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
I'm not going to hurry.
The original PinePhone is good enough, I'm more of a PC user rather than a smartphone user.
PinePhone works very well as a music player, as a way to check XMPP messages and mail when I have to notify friends that I might arrive a bit late, and as a portable router for my note PC which I also have with me at all times (tethering over USB).

And when I'm within my own area, I always leave my phone at home, and just enjoy life as is.
So PinePhone Pro would be a bit overkill for this purpose, and on top of that have to deal with even less battery life than I already do on the original PinePhone.
Maybe it would perform better when using web browsers more often, but then again I'd prefer websites adjust to hardware again rather than the other way around.
The web has grown far too bloated, nowadays you need more horse power to check social media than you need to play a 3D video game, which is absolutely ridiculous.
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Poll: What is your favorite distro/interface for the PinePhone? amosbatto 8 11,052 02-01-2022, 07:47 AM
Last Post: amosbatto
  Poll 2: What is your favorite distro/interface for the PinePhone? amosbatto 3 3,598 12-01-2021, 04:36 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Poll 4: What is your favorite distro/interface for the PinePhone? amosbatto 7 6,500 02-11-2021, 09:58 AM
  Poll 3: What is your favorite distro/interface for the PinePhone? amosbatto 0 1,559 02-01-2021, 07:57 AM
  Poll: Interface used on the PinePhone amosbatto 11 14,745 09-13-2020, 02:56 PM
Last Post: fsflover