Pinebook Pro not powering on
In fact NONE of the armbian images are functional any more. The debian-CD of the official release... broken.
I had an old working armbian buster image
armbian-config and apt update and upgrade..
shows new kernel 5.15..
reboot... DEAD.

Please let me know what the stoned kids took to produce this mess..
This is why I don't like updates. Smile
:wq

[ SRA accepts you ]
My PBP refused to boot. It only lighted up the orange led and nothing happened. So I trashed the entire device. It is simply too error prone.

(06-19-2022, 07:59 AM)moserwi Wrote: In fact NONE of the armbian images are functional any more. The debian-CD of the official release... broken.
I had an old working armbian buster image
armbian-config and apt update and upgrade..
shows new kernel 5.15..
reboot... DEAD.

Please let me know what the stoned kids took to produce this mess..

This exactly made me trashed my PBP.
I want to keep it though.
Trashed as in ruined or trashed as in got rid of? Or, trashed as in you just don't use it, or are you being allegorical?

What you are describing was a software failure, not a hardware problem.

If you can't get a current version to work, try an old version.

Through experimentation, I've "bricked" and "unbricked" my PBP numerous times. I've got two and I'm considering getting a third.

[ SRA accepts you ]
(06-29-2022, 04:32 AM)KC9UDX Wrote: What you are describing was a software failure, not a hardware problem.

And that is, by all means, the major fault in our community.

Would you buy a car where the upholstery is only pink and you will need W131vv34zun57hnn5 as fuel?
Uh Ah no problem just use manjaro? Has anybody got Pizza oder Burger-Linux for me?

I think we all agree to the fact that RedHat, Fedora, Centos, Debian, Ubuntu
What would one say if Apple provides a Macbook that is not capable to run MacOS?

Old version: yes I managed to install an old 4.4 Kernel that upgraded to 5.10
Nontheless I am just a user and not willing to reengineer uboot or even to compile a kernel myself.
Yes I did compile kernels two decades ago but this is not the correct way to install a mainstream ditstro.

Ever tried a debian CD? The say they support arm64 but the install crashes on grub. So "We support it" is just a blind lie!
But one can use the debian-installer. Hmm yes if it would not crash ether..
(06-29-2022, 04:32 AM)KC9UDX Wrote: Trashed as in ruined or trashed as in got rid of?  Or, trashed as in you just don't use it, or are you being allegorical?

Through experimentation, I've "bricked" and "unbricked" my PBP numerous times.  I've got two and I'm considering getting a third.

Trashed as in practically putting the laptop and all of its accessories in the trash bin and forgetting about 200 USD.
Reverting back to the older version isn’t an option because it refused to boot anything.
I tried to install Armbian seeing that it lists PBP as supported device on their website…..Not knowing it would kill the machine.
(06-29-2022, 07:07 AM)vatin Wrote:
(06-29-2022, 04:32 AM)KC9UDX Wrote: Trashed as in ruined or trashed as in got rid of?  Or, trashed as in you just don't use it, or are you being allegorical?

Through experimentation, I've "bricked" and "unbricked" my PBP numerous times.  I've got two and I'm considering getting a third.

Trashed as in practically putting the laptop and all of its accessories in the trash bin and forgetting about 200 USD.
Reverting back to the older version isn’t an option because it refused to boot anything.
I tried to install Armbian seeing that it lists PBP as supported device on their website…..Not knowing it would kill the machine.

Well No - I just removed the eMMC and installed with an SD Card. Then I formatted the SD-Card and tried it again with the old armbian versions. debian and ubuntu on kernel 4.4. And it was OK so far.... in spite of the fact that the guys are fooling us around and stealing our lifetime.
It's a hobbyist machine. It's impossible to "brick" but can be easy to make difficult to fix. It's not meant to be something you can use without having to work on.

[ SRA accepts you ]
Mine (first generation) also has this problem. I was wondering if the switch was broken, and if so, how to diagnose and fix it. I'd really like to, as there is so much to like about the machine.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  looking to buy one pinebook pro (mainland China) duanduan 3 1,905 03-21-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: wangyukunshan
  Cellular module for Pinebook Pro Lotech 1 300 03-05-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Screen on pinebook stays black but can ssh into machine tuxxpine 0 238 02-23-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: tuxxpine
  Sale my ANSI PineBook Pro cuthbertdavies 0 227 02-14-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: cuthbertdavies
  Compiling with -j6 on the Pinebook Pro (Overheat) KC9UDX 0 167 02-14-2024, 09:01 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Pinebook Pro in EU for Sale - €90 jan_vdk 2 554 02-07-2024, 02:12 AM
Last Post: 23Ro
  Pinebook Pro for sale tomekdev 2 618 02-01-2024, 11:35 AM
Last Post: tomekdev
  Video Editing Is Possible On The PineBook Pro! ImmyChan 10 7,223 12-17-2023, 09:29 PM
Last Post: insideau786
  Brand new Pinebook Pro doesn't boot after Manjaro update johnboiles 8 1,998 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Happy eMMC and SDcard OS usage for Pinebook Pro Newbies... Paulie420 42 59,124 11-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: wdt