System Updates
Hi forum, I'm a brand new member to the community and a first time user of anything linux or Pine.....

I received my Pine64 phone yesterday, I've gone through the set-up process and have the phone up and running, connected to the internet, making and receiving calls.

I'm seeing a message saying there's an update available, Update 508 (1.1GiB), which appears to be a System upgrade. When I confirm the update it initiates the command and then  I receive the following message.

Update Issue

Dependency resolution failed
libcanberra=0.30+2+gc0620e4-3

I've got no idea what this means or how to navigate around it or if I even need to update my phone. I have a class10 256GiB memory card inserted straight out the packet.

Any assistance is most appreciated and I thank you in advance. Smile
OMG, the libcanberra issue has plagued me since I first started using Fedora 5 back in the day, it's a moving target and I can't believe it's still around.

In this case, I believe it's because lib32-libcanberra-gstreamer and libcanberra-gstreamer are no longer in the official repositories.

Try removing them with ... sudo pacman -Rdd lib32-libcanberra-gstreamer libcanberra-gstreamer

There may be more that I'm unaware of ... and I'm assuming you're using Manjaro, since you said it's a new phone.

Addendum: I found an article in the Manjaro forum that said to also remove the pulse ones, so it will be ... sudo pacman -Rdd lib32-libcanberra-pulse lib32-libcanberra-gstreamer libcanberra-pulse libcanberra-gstreamer
***   Don't be a minion in the (i)droid army   ***
(11-06-2021, 10:15 AM)Fred Zyphal Wrote: OMG, the libcanberra issue has plagued me since I first started using Fedora 5 back in the day, it's a moving target and I can't believe it's still around.

In this case, I believe it's because  lib32-libcanberra-gstreamer and libcanberra-gstreamer are no longer in the official repositories.

Try removing them with ... sudo pacman -Rdd lib32-libcanberra-gstreamer libcanberra-gstreamer

There may be more that I'm unaware of ... and I'm assuming you're using Manjaro, since you said it's a new phone.

Addendum:  I found an article in the Manjaro forum that said to also remove the pulse ones, so it will be ... sudo pacman -Rdd lib32-libcanberra-pulse lib32-libcanberra-gstreamer libcanberra-pulse libcanberra-gstreamer

Thanks for your reply, I entered your script into the terminal and it resolved the libcanberra error. Upon rebooting the phone and retrying the update I'm now seeing the error

Dependency resolution failed libx264.so=161-64.

I had a look through the wiki page and found this on updating the phone

To update all packages under Arch-based OSes, the package manager pacman can be used:

$ sudo pacman -Syu

This script worked but the update is still present in my Discovery folder. The other isssue I'm now having is the screen rapidly keeps dimming and illuminating it self when not plugged into a pc.

Thanks again, happy dreaming Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  hardware updates ??? aular 0 271 03-05-2024, 08:28 PM
Last Post: aular
  [Article] QuickJS JavaScript Engine on a Real-Time Operating System (Ox64 + NuttX) lupyuen 0 280 02-17-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: lupyuen
  [Article] Nim on a Real-Time Operating System: Apache NuttX RTOS + Ox64 BL808 SBC lupyuen 2 574 01-05-2024, 12:27 AM
  [Article] $8 RISC-V SBC on a Real-Time Operating System: Ox64 + NuttX lupyuen 0 480 12-17-2023, 02:27 AM
  [Article] RISC-V Ox64 BL808 SBC: Starting Apache NuttX Real-Time Operating System lupyuen 2 718 11-11-2023, 10:09 PM
  still monthly updates? Jeniffer 0 642 03-30-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: Jeniffer
  Are there still monthly updates? MikeInMass 8 2,974 03-30-2023, 05:18 AM
Last Post: Jeniffer
  Rock64 crashes(or goes into suspend maybe)everytime system idles Sauromayne 3 5,741 12-14-2017, 08:23 PM
Last Post: dkryder