Spare charging base?
Is there a way to get extra chargers for the watch? I could really use one for home and one for at work, but they don't appear to be listed on Pine's store.
(11-03-2021, 09:19 PM)kj6epl Wrote: Is there a way to get extra chargers for the watch? I could really use one for home and one for at work, but they don't appear to be listed on Pine's store.

Pine Store will post up extra PineTime charger item on next week.
Cool, I was just asking about this in IRC the other day in fact. Smile
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).
(11-04-2021, 11:08 PM)tllim Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 09:19 PM)kj6epl Wrote: Is there a way to get extra chargers for the watch? I could really use one for home and one for at work, but they don't appear to be listed on Pine's store.

Pine Store will post up extra PineTime charger item on next week.

Do you have a link? I just checked the store but didn't see it.
I personally think that the charger should not have the USB cable soldered on it, as from what I have seen, the cable is quite fragile, and feels as though it could easily rip.

A USB port (preferably USB-C, although microUSB-B could also work out) would go along way to alleviate that, as it is less susceptible to damage then the cable is.
I'm really disappointed that Pine64 still doesn't have a spare charger on the store yet. I need to have one at home and one at work, as sometimes I forget to charge my watch when I go to bed, causing the battery to die half way through the day. Sure I can fire up my 3D printer and make one, but DIY won't be as nice as the factory one, and it's another project I don't have time for right now. I thought Pine64 promised that spare parts would be available for their products, right?
(01-18-2022, 08:16 PM)kj6epl Wrote: I'm really disappointed that Pine64 still doesn't have a spare charger on the store yet. I need to have one at home and one at work, as sometimes I forget to charge my watch when I go to bed, causing the battery to die half way through the day. Sure I can fire up my 3D printer and make one, but DIY won't be as nice as the factory one, and it's another project I don't have time for right now. I thought Pine64 promised that spare parts would be available for their products, right?

https://pine64.com/product/pinetime-charging-cradle/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spare Parts ky56 1 2,028 07-29-2022, 07:48 AM
Last Post: moriel5
  Is Qi wireless charging still an option at this point? minkanjin 2 5,106 11-24-2020, 01:38 AM
Last Post: bamboozle