No more internet access
Been a while since I had my UBPorts image booted up. First thing I did was to do some updates on WiFi then took it out with me. First think I notice it was browsing. Then did some testing. Not even ping. Then doing "ip a" shows it did not even had an IP address. Tried rebooting a couple of times. Same result.

Phone, and SMS functions just fine. Just no internet.

Any ideas?
What update channel are you on? stable is pretty much dead, you have to use devel or the release candidate that is a couple of months old. Switching between them is easy (when you have internet Blush )
I have just made the update maybe 3-4 days ago. Your response made me check the channel I am on. I see it is on "kernelupdate" when all of a sudden there is another update. Upon installing the updates, I checked the channel again, and se it has changed to "Development." I shut down WiFi and see the data is available again.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

P.S. Odd the "stable" channel is "dead" when the OS is not at all stable on the PinePhone.
Kernelupdate channel got removed after the kernel upgrade went smoothly and now development is the newest stuff. I guess they haven't updated the stable image because nothing is stable yet, but i think it gives a bad first impression to new users.
Hey Everyone, I am having the same issue. Just loaded on my phone in development. My sms, calls and wifi work but internet not working on cellular. Could I have something not setup right?

Thank You for any help
(03-07-2022, 05:47 PM)Csanderson0313 Wrote: Hey Everyone, I am having the same issue. Just loaded on my phone in development. My sms, calls and wifi work but internet not working on cellular. Could I have something not setup right?

Thank You for any help

I guess you did not follow the advice in the thread?
(03-07-2022, 08:12 PM)KNERD Wrote:
(03-07-2022, 05:47 PM)Csanderson0313 Wrote: Hey Everyone, I am having the same issue. Just loaded on my phone in development. My sms, calls and wifi work but internet not working on cellular. Could I have something not setup right?

Thank You for any help

yes did try that. Still no internet.
(03-07-2022, 08:16 PM)Csanderson0313 Wrote:
(03-07-2022, 08:12 PM)KNERD Wrote:

Thank You for any help

yes did try that. Still no internet.

Give it a day. I recall I did an update one time, and there was no internet and next day it was working fine.
Some operating systems will not connect to cellular data while the wifi is turned on.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No access to carrier tcoulon 0 1,776 08-09-2020, 05:45 AM
Last Post: tcoulon