Battery Charger?
Now personally i love battery chargers as they are so useful, and big batteries so you don't need to flip them that often or be wired when you don't want to.

Have anyone of you tried a product like this to see if it works? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fityle-Universa...B08CVHTB4H

Some sort of a thing like that would be nice. Many years ago I bought 2 cradles for the LG V20 and they where very very useful! No battery? No problem, change battery and wupti, from 0 to 100 in 10 seconds Smile Who needs fast charging really when you have a cradle and a pretty decent size battery.

It is just a lovely thing, so... I wondered if anyone had tried or knew of something that worked for the Pinephone.

- Darkijah
Pine64 sells one themselves. Not sure about 3rd party ones, but it seems like a simple device.
(11-02-2021, 12:29 AM)kqlnut Wrote: Pine64 sells one themselves. Not sure about 3rd party ones, but it seems like a simple device.

Nice, I see. That's great. although one issue is that it would not be able to charge bigger batteries if that comes around.
The LG V20 had like a flat book where you could put the battery down in and it worked great for bigger batteries as well without no problems although I did take off the closure lid or front book cover as I did not need those for the battery charging box or the Book.
So that would be my only concern overall.

But very nice to see the possibility at least for the standard battery for now! That's much better then what you get with my expensive issue after issue phone of Shift 6mq.

Lets see, found an image of it. Well, I can link to it as long as the link is up - not sure if I can upload it here on the forum but anyway here is the photo : 
[Image: s-l1600.jpg]
I did seem to also be able to upload it in attachments down below Smile So if the link is broke it can be downloaded I think.

- Darkijah

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(11-02-2021, 12:29 AM)kqlnut Wrote: Pine64 sells one themselves. Not sure about 3rd party ones, but it seems like a simple device.

The PinePhone battery charger can also use for PinePhone Pro battery.
I recently bought one of these which is adaptable to most removable phone batteries:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224193336480

I bought it because it's cheap and I have a couple of old Android phones given to me that I use just for the cameras. The trick with this charger is you have to know what contacts on the battery to adjust it for. (You can look up the specs, or I've found so far the LED will light up when you're on suitable contacts.)

I have the Pine64 external charger for the Pinephone batteries.
(11-02-2021, 08:16 PM)Zebulon Walton Wrote: I recently bought one of these which is adaptable to most removable phone batteries:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224193336480

I bought it because it's cheap and I have a couple of old Android phones given to me that I use just for the cameras. The trick with this charger is you have to know what contacts on the battery to adjust it for. (You can look up the specs, or I've found so far the LED will light up when you're on suitable contacts.)

I have the Pine64 external charger for the Pinephone batteries.

Awesome, I understand the contacts have to be + and - and these seems to usually be marked on the battery, outer ports. The other ports in the middle apparently could be something in regards of the heat and how much it is charged as far as I could read.
I have found 2 usb chargers for batteries, I will at least order one and try it out on my old batteries and see how it goes. I have some serious problems with my new shift 6mq on charging batteries, even as it now is now further making conflict and my main charger that I know worked without issues burned out. So not sure if it is the chargers overall or just the phone, as it has also been updated and have many other issues.

Thinking of looking at the possibility of returning it, sick and tired of it and so much time wasted overall. Beside banned on there forum and some silly rules that you can't link to outside stuff even if it is on topic. And mostly they speak in German as well, so have my problems with that as well.

I'm just looking for the Linux phones to move in the right direction and have been for many years - sadly the Librem 5 was another miss with all the hype it hit hard rock bottom. But they are still working on that I think, or the future upgrade of it. So overall nice to see things move.

Serious tired of Google Android. Anyway... I will take a look around and order an USB Charger.

Thanks
- Darkijah

(11-02-2021, 06:21 PM)tllim Wrote:

The PinePhone battery charger can also use for PinePhone Pro battery.

Awesome the only problem it would seem to have, was if anyone made bigger batteries for the phone. 6400mAh would be a nice target I think - and as understood, more juice would not be a bad thing overall as it already are sucking lots of battery out quickly.
If you can go 2 hours on 3000, you can go 4 hours on 6000 Smile = Less time on the wire.

- Darkijah
(11-06-2021, 06:56 PM)JesusGod-Pope666.Info Wrote: sadly the Librem 5 was another miss with all the hype it hit hard rock bottom. But they are still working on that I think, or the future upgrade of it.

I am just as disappointed in Purism as anyone, but keep in mind that they are (and have been for years now!) pouring lots of money into paying actual developers who are making phosh (and other parts of phone software), which is benefiting everyone, including PinePhone!

I think I read recently they are finally shipping a few more units as well. I really want them to succeed, I am afraid how their failure would affect the GNU/Linux phone ecosystem overall.
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).
(11-08-2021, 05:18 PM)TRS-80 Wrote:
(11-06-2021, 06:56 PM)JesusGod-Pope666.Info Wrote: sadly the Librem 5 was another miss with all the hype it hit hard rock bottom. But they are still working on that I think, or the future upgrade of it.

I am just as disappointed in Purism as anyone, but keep in mind that they are (and have been for years now!) pouring lots of money into paying actual developers who are making phosh (and other parts of phone software), which is benefiting everyone, including PinePhone!

I think I read recently they are finally shipping a few more units as well.  I really want them to succeed, I am afraid how their failure would affect the GNU/Linux phone ecosystem overall.

Yea, I'm absolutely not hoping they fail in any way - but the hype was so high and was looking to replace my LG V20 and sadly it was far from a daily product, I don't think it could even call at that point. I'm not sure how far they where, but... Then there was problems with Social Chat with the server I think it was based on matrix? As far as I recall. The Librem Social was another problem as they had closed the possibility of seeing things from other servers, I can't remember the name - Gab closed it down as well as they said it was used to attack them by the Sodomit promoting child grooming Mastodon network users.

Anyway... I so hope the Pinephone succeeds... But for now... Well... I've ordered another old LG V20 phone and a external charger and batteries, I think I need to get back to that for daily driver for some more years. But surely looking forward to see the reviews and progress of the Pinephone pro, I so so hope it will succeed. We are many that are done with criminal Google Android, so I think we are actually more then meet the eyes if someone produces something close to a daily driver. It would be amazing to see how many would run to something like that, root out of the box!

this expensive German stinking phone I got from Shift is just terrible overall. I'm so sad that it is not better then it is - I had my hope up for it as well. And clearly not the direction to go in any way. Wasted so much time overall on these things.

2 Biggies I now have with the Shift mq6 is charging issues, so I can't use it while it charges anymore as it drains the battery then - and that it tend to not ring when someone calls me up, beside so many other issues. It is terrible. The Speaker is so bad so it is so hard to hear people when I talk to them and have them on it, and it is just not load enough either. And just moving my Apps from one phone to another was a mess as well, a lot of the applications beside needing root, needs playstore to run... Well so do many other programs as well that one has paid for... So sick and tired of it all how hard and difficult they have made it. And the rest of the utter nutcase things they do on all levels. Anyway, I could go on and on complaining about it, I will leave it at rest here! Go Pinephone, go Linux phone, go Librem Phone. Although sadly lots of programmers with dark interest working for the Devil to ruin things and take control from the users.

- Dearly regards Darkijah
There are a lot of very fair criticisms of Purism which I will not debate.

Also I think it is good to keep in mind where we are in the broader picture. It is very early days for (this incarnation of) GNU/Linux phones. And yet there are a lot of encouraging signs. There is a lot of excitement around them. But it is not ready for the general public (yet).

If you have the means (time, interest, motivation) please join us. Even if it means you have to maintain multiple devices for the time being. Even I keep my old s5 around for certain things (no SIM card) and a separate 8" Android tablet in the car strictly for Google Maps. But one by one these issues are being solved, eventually I don't think I will need any other devices.

Personally I am elated that we have some other options than the duopoly finally, even as rough as some things still are presently. Smile
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).
(11-19-2021, 10:49 AM)TRS-80 Wrote: There are a lot of very fair criticisms of Purism which I will not debate.

Also I think it is good to keep in mind where we are in the broader picture.  It is very early days for (this incarnation of) GNU/Linux phones.  And yet there are a lot of encouraging signs.  There is a lot of excitement around them.  But it is not ready for the general public (yet).

If you have the means (time, interest, motivation) please join us.  Even if it means you have to maintain multiple devices for the time being.  Even I keep my old s5 around for certain things (no SIM card) and a separate 8" Android tablet in the car strictly for Google Maps.  But one by one these issues are being solved, eventually I don't think I will need any other devices.

Personally I am elated that we have some other options than the duopoly finally, even as rough as some things still are presently.  Smile

I have thought about buying the Pro... Just... to try it out and get acquainted with it. Mostly I will find a lot of issues, hardware and software, that seems to be something I always do find sadly. My Shift mq6 screen, just died a week ago, another screen dying in less then a year. The speaker is not good enough, had issues with charging, inner screen breaks by just blowing at it.... and a lots of other stuff.

I am curious how the Pinephone pro would do, but I would still like a bigger battery overall for the phone at least. I just can't be bothered by small batteries, like... The worlds gone insane on so many levels.

In any case... the Pinephone looks to be in a fair price range as well, so I might put in an order - just not sure how helpful I would be.

Bigger battery option, record calls! and be able to call - Speaker good enough to hear people at least as I don't like having my phone to my ear with all the radiation and all. If the main foundational issues are good - then everything else is secondary really. Of cause nice to have a camera working as well Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Megi's Kernel and Battery Life biketool 3 2,114 01-09-2023, 11:33 PM
Last Post: Canyonless
  PinePhone Pro battery life Barugon 17 15,464 07-29-2022, 09:23 AM
Last Post: prog-amateur
  postmarketOS fixed battery issues Deadladyofclowntown 1 1,516 06-23-2022, 02:44 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  Phone won't suspend, battery drains quickly nelstomlinson 12 7,144 04-05-2022, 06:11 AM
Last Post: Anna
  The modem switch affects the connection to battery? JohnDoe 2 1,997 03-30-2022, 12:02 AM
Last Post: JohnDoe
  improve battery life on pine phone beta? taoschx 0 1,058 02-28-2022, 06:24 AM
Last Post: taoschx
Tongue USB-PD charger christophe14 17 14,612 02-12-2022, 01:54 AM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Guide to power off the Pinephone on low battery Ulfnic 1 1,541 02-06-2022, 05:16 AM
Last Post: Ulfnic
Question Is there a way to increase the battery life of the PinePhone? Avisando 18 12,155 01-22-2022, 11:55 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Battery life: Maybe really a hardware issue? KNERD 34 21,558 09-23-2021, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton