Crunchbang//Slimkat experience
I guess it might be a little to early, but some of us really loved the simplistic of Dark and Light like the Gnulix Crunchbang, lightweight as well, or as it is called today, Crunchbang++
Also Android had its own little nice Black and white lightweight system called Slimkat.

Just throwing out the idea - it could be cool to have something of the same for the Pinephone - maybe one could base it on Crunchbang but most likely a lot of work - I'm not the coder, just the user pretty much.

The system becomes like a gem of its own - it is really nice to see, like a Masterpiece or somewhat of an art form in itself - it has some uniqueness and its own feel and spirit. It's kinda hard to explain but its lovely to see when it succeed, to have the system in the background yet being there doing what it needs, and at the same time using minimal resources so you have that for anything else the user is running.

I was just thinking - and this might be way to early - but who knows, maybe someone can or wanna build on things.

Maybe it is possible to just theme the system that the Pinephone pick out to be the best to run on their phone - that might work as well Smile

- Darkijah

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My customer support experience ionmich 1 703 08-15-2023, 03:17 PM
Last Post: fxc
Star Pinephone user experience - Possibly compromised by commercial & state-based hackers? danimations 15 7,255 05-07-2022, 06:54 PM
Last Post: danimations
  Info about getting a stable experience antoyo 0 1,207 01-31-2021, 11:19 AM
Last Post: antoyo
  My First Experience Connecting to the PinePhone via Serial Console dustfinger 2 3,432 09-12-2020, 01:13 AM
Last Post: eKeith