Pinephone Pro looks awesome but some suggestions.
Dear Pinephone team, I so hope you succeed and come out on top, Thanks for your work and keep the course - we need the boat of freedom from Big Tech nonsense!

The new phone looks good, much more in the level of something for daily use, the smoothness is helping a lot - it looks great.
Now as far as I know you have some issues that I will try to help out on.

As I understand you still have battery issues, well at least not the longest turn on time - and now having used the LG V20 mobile and knowing the forces overall by using batteries and of different sizes here are my suggestions.

1. Usually a 6400 mAh battery would not be to heavy overall for the user and still comfortable to hold the phone, I found 10500mAh way to big and heavy overall for my LG V20. But around 6400mAh Perfine for my LG V20 was pretty decent and felt good with a plastic cover which further helps on the grip as well. Now of cause I don't know how heavy your mobile is out of the box, but it is always nice to have less issues needing to be connected to a wire. If you make an option for a bigger battery that includes protection of the back camera not sticking out, which I still don't understand this stupid design of most mobiles, if anything you wanna have the camera lower so it does not touch anything when you lay the mobile down on its back. But of cause so much nonsense in our days where they purposely do such things as they have run away from sanity.

2 fix a battery charger or point out something that works, the LG V20 had this and it is VERY useful - it does not matter how long it takes for a Battery Charger to charge really, because it charges while you're are using your phone and thereby speed is really not that important. When the mobile is done, you just use 5-10 sec to change the battery and boom there you go, up and running again. Of cause I would like to see the possibility of more then 3000mAh battery, as it is just nice to not need to do too much of battery changing or needing to have the Cable in all the time.

3. soft Plastic covers *Silicone or whatever it is made out* are nice and cool transparent showing the inner parts and you can get some with a pretty good grip as well  Wink

4. send me a Pine Pro and I will test it further out and find more daily issues. Tongue Well, I tend to always have ideas but I guess you most likely have more then enough at your hands to fix and sort out and I'm not a programmer or developer. But hey, the pro version with the added horse power looks so much more in the right direction, I really hope you will be blessed by God to further move quickly ahead on this so we have a choice away from the criminals!

5. a feature that google took out from Android and that MANY wants, is the recording feature on calls - that would be one huge giant promotion tool overall for your mobile if it was able to do that out of the box. The free opus format might be a great thing for using for that, although I guess some options might not be bad like m4a or good old mp3, Android is a molested mobile on so many levels and they just keep on jailing us in, we want freedom, because that's the point Gnulix, to be free to do whatever we want!

I think that is all for now that I can recall of things, I think we are many that are ready to move away from Google Android, spyphone, adphone, nonrooted nonsense phone, jailphone and so forth - if you can just provide a good rescue boat that does not sink but keeps a float Smile And it is looking very good - keep it up you guys and keep it sane, open and rooted! Tongue

And again, thanks so much for doing this - I have had my eyes on you for a long time, and checking again I now see the Pro version, if it can just do the fundamental things, then we have a new daily driver. This is the direction many wanna go, and finally it looks like we are getting somewhere.

Dearly Regards - Darkijah

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  various tricks to open the pinephone shengchieh 2 521 03-23-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Ferriah
  pinephone can provide more than 500mA to a usb-c displayport device? unrznbl 2 157 03-21-2024, 08:52 AM
Last Post: unrznbl
  my pinephone melted norayr 2 411 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: tllim
  pinephone keyboard + dock question tuxcall 7 2,447 02-05-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: wigan
  Unsatisfactory GPS reception on PinePhone? LinAdmin2 53 53,739 12-17-2023, 11:42 AM
Last Post: robin.com.au
  PinePhone Pro not booting (Cap error!, pctl timeout) jealda 2 1,199 11-16-2023, 05:03 AM
Last Post: DrYak
  Pinephone frame damages Uturn 2 781 10-23-2023, 02:49 AM
Last Post: Uturn
  PinePhone Keyboard KJ6OHG 11 7,603 08-23-2023, 03:25 AM
Last Post: Kali
  PinePhone constantly vibrating and won't take charge ImmyChan 5 5,198 07-23-2023, 03:49 PM
Last Post: kb-zealot
  Using optical drives with Pinephone cdforever 2 1,047 07-18-2023, 01:28 PM
Last Post: cdforever