Pinephone wont boot after updating
Hello everyone,

Short:
---
After executing `sudo pacman -Syyu` on the vanilla Manjaro ARM that was delivered, the phone does not boot any more.
When powering on, The K with the gears comes on. Then stops after two lines:

[5.68...] musb-sunxi 1c19000.usb: Invalid or missing 'dr_mode' property
[5.96...] iio iio:device3: failed to read Who-Am-I register.

Restarted multiple times, tried to do some hard reset with holding the power button for 20 sec. Still same

---

Detailed Prosa Version:
--------
I received my pinephone recently and could put my hands on it today.

First start looks nice. After playing around a while, I thought the best action would be to install updates.
Handling was a bit laggy and I was hoping the best.

There were two matches when searching for "Update" in the top search bar.

The first updater gave me an error message, something like system...5 not found.
The second updater wasnt able to fill some dependencies, I think some libcordova or alike.

So I googled how to solve those things, and the software forum here gave me the clue to execute `sudo pacman -Syu `or `sudo pacman -Syyu` in the terminal.

I tried the last one. And it did indeed start downloading a lot of stuff. Unfortunately, the screen went to power saving after a couple of minutes which made some downloads go bad. Trying to tap the screen failed on my lacking patience, as it really took a long time to download.

So I deactivated the lock screen and power saving in the settings and ran it again. The screen still went off after a couple of minutes, but the download didn't complain.

I had to run `sudo pacman -Syyu` multiple times and hit a lot of `y`s. I didnt monitor it the whole time, but when I took a look at the screen after like 3 hours, the above 2 lines were shown on boot and it seems like its stuck there.

---------

Requesting help:

How can I get it back to work? I have Linux and Windows PC, enough cables and the docking station that was delivered with it.

I don't necessarily need the Manjaro ARM, any OS would help.
1) You could just flash a micro sd card and take it for test drive quite easily.

2) See the wiki : Pinephone Installation instructions

I recommend using the Balena Etcher App for "Flashing" your micro sd cards.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  my pinephone melted norayr 6 708 04-04-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  Pinephone refusing to charge while suspended tiol 1 1,021 04-02-2024, 10:54 AM
Last Post: joH_N_Doe64
  various tricks to open the pinephone shengchieh 2 633 03-23-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Ferriah
  pinephone can provide more than 500mA to a usb-c displayport device? unrznbl 2 255 03-21-2024, 08:52 AM
Last Post: unrznbl
  pinephone keyboard + dock question tuxcall 7 2,638 02-05-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: wigan
  Unsatisfactory GPS reception on PinePhone? LinAdmin2 53 54,958 12-17-2023, 11:42 AM
Last Post: robin.com.au
  PinePhone Pro not booting (Cap error!, pctl timeout) jealda 2 1,323 11-16-2023, 05:03 AM
Last Post: DrYak
  Pinephone frame damages Uturn 2 907 10-23-2023, 02:49 AM
Last Post: Uturn
  PinePhone Keyboard KJ6OHG 11 7,886 08-23-2023, 03:25 AM
Last Post: Kali
  PinePhone constantly vibrating and won't take charge ImmyChan 5 5,348 07-23-2023, 03:49 PM
Last Post: kb-zealot