Feeling a current when touching my PP
pp, as in pine phone, not the other kind..

So, now what I got that out of the way... Hello, fellow pp users!

I´ll start sharing just a short story, nothing I´m asking you to read, so feel free to just go down to the bold text and you´ll have the short version of my question.

So, long story short. I suck at life, diability pension at age 35 with spent 10+ experience as a consultant in neuropsychiatric assessment, cognitive science and developmental psychology. Stuck in my house, can barely sit by a keyboard due to positioning and so on, I barely even use my brain and feel dumber by the day.

Then I randomly stumbled upon the pinephone... I saw the pinephone as a fair economical chance to comfortable be able to get into linux, python and the freedom that comes with a pp. I loved that stuff back in the 90´s growing up.... trying linux back then, got into hacking a bit and it was some kind of enjoyable freedom where you could talk to other computers, customize the things you wanted in almost anything both software and hardware....I saw the pinephone and I thought that this might actualy be what I need to feel some kind of freedom and try to activate my brain and really getting a mesurable proof weather I´m growing/learning or not.

By pure chance; reading about the pinephone I saw a tool that maybe, just maybe could help me find something I lost.

My PP arrived last week, I couldn´t pick it up but got some help to have it picked up.
All seems to be well after reading those manual things, we get mobian on the PP... all is well..... I use the PP for the first time the next day, I hear a low 'click' from the phone, and again, so I hold the phone up to my ear to make sure it´s the PP making the sound and instantly feel some kind of current, nothing that hurts, I just feel the tiny face hairs goose up(?) and I feel that familiar electrical feeling in my skin, just very weak.... It wasn´t comfortable, but didn´t hurt.. I shut down the phone, checked the guts, nothing weird... I put it back on many hours later, no clicks, but I feel that current as soon as my hand is close by the phone.[b] Wanted to check battery settings anyways, but I couldn´t log in.. Screen wasn´t touch just now.. Only the power button worked, not volume....
.. Shut down again.... I tried the phone later the next day, no clicks, didn´t feel any current. could log in..... ok, weird....... I tried to just see what was on the phone, use it for the first time since I got it.. 5 min later the click and that current going into my hand is there all of a sudden... I shut the phone off again...
[/b]
I tried it today again for the first time since a few days ago. No click, feel the current.... I don´t know if it´s safe to use it..? It´s the 3/32 version, charged with the red cable that 1 time i charged it... With the luck I have in my life, I´m expecting the phone to blow up, and not kill me, just put me into an alert-but vegetableish state unable to do anything, still all senses function, then I´ll be put at some weird home for vegatables, where the staff are all secretly vegetablefiles and find my vegetable ass so inviting that they take turns, all 400 of the male basketballpro-looking employees are vegetablefiles.. and that will be my life for the next 30 years until I die due to some kind of butt infection. Yes, that is the kind of luck I have in my life. I promise.

Any idea about that current I feel? It kinda feels like it´s not good for the hardware, and maybe not even good for me..? I don´t feel like having this PP break already, I havn´t even been able to give it a try longer than 5 minutes yet.
I don't think there's anything in the pinephone itself that uses or generates the sort of voltage needed to produce the sensation you describe, and I've not seen any similar reports here. It sounds more like something you'd get from a phone plugged into a faulty charger.
(10-26-2021, 09:35 AM)TedLii Wrote: --
So, long story short. I suck at life, diability pension at age 35 with spent 10+ experience as a consultant in neuropsychiatric assessment, cognitive science and developmental psychology. Stuck in my house, can barely sit by a keyboard due to positioning and so on, I barely even use my brain and feel dumber by the day.
--

and instantly feel some kind of current, nothing that hurts, I just feel the tiny face hairs goose up(?) and I feel that familiar electrical feeling in my skin, just very weak.... It wasn´t comfortable, but didn´t hurt..
Any idea about that current I feel? It kinda feels like it´s not good for the hardware, and maybe not even good for me..? I don´t feel like having this PP break already, I havn´t even been able to give it a try longer than 5 minutes yet.[/b]

Hello,
could it be this:
"... people with high SPS make up about 15–20% of the population...."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensory_pr...ensitivity

Ciao
Walter
Those clicking noises are from the cameras and they are normal: https://wiki.mobian-project.org/doku.php...ing-broken.
I have one Brave Heart, 3 PMOS Convergent, and one Manjaro Convergent phone(s)

I have never felt any tingling, hair raising effects, or shocking from any of my phones.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
What an unfortunate title...

(10-26-2021, 09:35 AM)TedLii Wrote: pp, as in pine phone, not the other kind..

You knew and went with it anyway! Big Grin
(10-27-2021, 10:55 AM)walter1950 Wrote:
(10-26-2021, 09:35 AM)TedLii Wrote: --
--

and instantly feel some kind of current, nothing that hurts, I just feel the tiny face hairs goose up(?) and I feel that familiar electrical feeling in my skin, just very weak.... It wasn´t comfortable, but didn´t hurt..
Any idea about that current I feel? It kinda feels like it´s not good for the hardware, and maybe not even good for me..? I don´t feel like having this PP break already, I havn´t even been able to give it a try longer than 5 minutes yet.[/b]

Hello,
could it be this:

Ciao
Walter

First of all, thanks to everyone!

Second, Mr. Walter, dude! Funny thing, I have am diagnosed with perception sensitivity, could describe it as all my senses tried to take in "all" available information instead of having a working filter to automatically sort information..... I can listen to an audiobook and read another book at the same time, and follow along with both... for a little while.... But being at a store for 10 minues could break me down and have me exhausted the next day even... Many senses getting overloaded from random unneeded information, not cool!

My girlfriend is coming over this weekend, I´m gonna ask her to try the phone and see what she has to say.

I enjoyed this thought, I´ll look into it a bit more!
(10-28-2021, 04:53 AM)marcih Wrote: What an unfortunate title...

(10-26-2021, 09:35 AM)TedLii Wrote: pp, as in pine phone, not the other kind..

You knew and went with it anyway! Big Grin

Shhh, Broda! Back when I was less old PP was 'Pen Pal'....

Pretty much same amount of girls that had 'PP's back then, as the amount of girls having 'PP's nowdays...... Just not the same kind of PP I guess....

Well, I have one PP in the left hand and one PP in the right hand.... Weird that both of them are giving me a shock... One PP is shocking to that current I feel, the other PP is shocking because it´s connected to this lady looking dude... Just my luck!
(10-27-2021, 04:42 AM)wibble Wrote: I don't think there's anything in the pinephone itself that uses or generates the sort of voltage needed to produce the sensation you describe, and I've not seen any similar reports here. It sounds more like something you'd get from a phone plugged into a faulty charger.

Hey dude, that current feeling is there when phone is not connected. I thought about it and connected the phone to a charger with grounded coupling, same exact feeling untill I don´t touch the phone or shut down the phone.
(10-27-2021, 10:55 AM)walter1950 Wrote: Hello,
could it be this:

Ciao
Walter

Mr. Waltbro! I´m amazed....

My gf arrived earlier today. Being the manly man I am, I just randomly whipped out my PP and waved it at her. When she grabbed it I expected her to feel the shock. Nothing........ As I then hold it, I instantly feel it filling with that pulsating blood......y.... current.....

We both take turns holding my PP, and she can´t feel what I´m feeling.....

I have a bunch of other phones and various laptops over here, and I actually found one other unit that gave me the same kind of currentish feeling... Gf doesn´t feel anything simlar to that current I feel...

I really thought something was wrong with my PP.. But it seriously seems to be my (long ago diagnosed) perception hypersensitivity that has an ability I´ve never personally noticed before.

Thank you for your suggestion, it seems to be the most plausible answer really!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current pinephone hardware revision Zack 2 2,737 12-13-2020, 10:44 AM
Last Post: Lousy Fisherman