Pinephone bricked after connecting to a PC over USB
Hi all, I was hoping someone here might be able to help me. My Pinephone seems to be bricked ever since I connected it to my PC.

This happened while I was trying to burn the new Manjaro Beta 17 to the eMMC. I inserted an SD card with JumpDrive (I'm not sure which version, but it is pretty old, from ~6 months ago, if that matters) and turned on the phone. I was greeted with the familiar JumpDrive screen. I then plugged in the USB A/C into the Pinephone and my Linux computer and nothing happened - I didn't see any new drives in the file manager or GParted. I tried other USB ports on my computer, but none of them worked.

I then tried the same thing with a different computer, running Windows 10. The first two USB ports I tried produced the same result. The third one worked - or so I thought. Windows went into a loop of detecting the drive and disconnecting it (I guess). This connect/disconnect behavior was happening around once every second. After a few seconds I disconnected the Pinephone and ever since then it won't boot. The screen is totally black no matter what I do. I tried turning it on with and without the SD card (since I have an older Manjaro installed on the eMMC) by holding the power button for 4+ seconds. I tried putting the phone on the charger in case the battery discharged in the meantime, but that didn't help either.

Does anyone have a suggestion on what I could try? Thanks in advance.
I had sometimes experienced the not connecting at all/constantly connecting and disconnecting as well (on Linux). It always worked again after a couple of tries or reboots, no idea what the cause was. I blamed it on the phone's USB port, but just because it seemed the most likely.

Anyway, have you tried another OS on the SD card? There is also a Jumpdrive version specifically for very low battery that you could try in case your battery has in fact drained too much (the one with the -charging suffix).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  various tricks to open the pinephone shengchieh 2 520 03-23-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Ferriah
  pinephone can provide more than 500mA to a usb-c displayport device? unrznbl 2 156 03-21-2024, 08:52 AM
Last Post: unrznbl
  my pinephone melted norayr 2 409 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: tllim
  pinephone keyboard + dock question tuxcall 7 2,444 02-05-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: wigan
  Unsatisfactory GPS reception on PinePhone? LinAdmin2 53 53,725 12-17-2023, 11:42 AM
Last Post: robin.com.au
  PinePhone Pro not booting (Cap error!, pctl timeout) jealda 2 1,198 11-16-2023, 05:03 AM
Last Post: DrYak
  Pinephone frame damages Uturn 2 780 10-23-2023, 02:49 AM
Last Post: Uturn
  PinePhone Keyboard KJ6OHG 11 7,597 08-23-2023, 03:25 AM
Last Post: Kali
  PinePhone constantly vibrating and won't take charge ImmyChan 5 5,196 07-23-2023, 03:49 PM
Last Post: kb-zealot
  Using optical drives with Pinephone cdforever 2 1,046 07-18-2023, 01:28 PM
Last Post: cdforever