Wifi and bluetooth disabled on pinephone arch-phosh
The cellular, wifi, and bluetooth icons don't respond when tapped on the drop-down menu and the screen rotation  button seems to have reverted to switching between portrait and landscape rather than between locked and adapt. The gnome settings app also won't open even after a minute of waiting, whereas the terminal app opens within five seconds.

I think connecting to ethernet might solve this, but I'd like to know if there's a solution to this that involves no internet connection. I don't recall any specific actions that led to this unwanted behavior occuring.
Hi,

sounds a lot like plasma mobile to me.. have you tried the phosh DE yet?
It is imho more usable and there is a lot more development activity happening compared to plasma mobile.
(10-15-2021, 07:30 PM)lacriz Wrote: Hi,

sounds a lot like plasma mobile to me.. have you tried the phosh DE yet?
It is imho more usable and there is a lot more development activity happening compared to plasma mobile.

I've just updated the post to include that the post has been wholly about a problem found in arch-phosh
(10-15-2021, 04:58 AM)pineuser0 Wrote: The cellular, wifi, and bluetooth icons don't respond when tapped on the drop-down menu and the screen rotation  button seems to have reverted to switching between portrait and landscape rather than between locked and adapt. The gnome settings app also won't open even after a minute of waiting, whereas the terminal app opens within five seconds.

Now that I think about it, I somehow stopped using the cell/wifi/bluetooth icons since I found it more helpful + responsive to change that stuff from the settings app. Now if you really cannot open the settings app (after a restart?) I see two choices:

1a) find out which files the settings process is reading (top + lsof can be of help)
1b) delete some of those files (when you are reasonable sure it is a corrupt settings file)

2) start over, be it from a backup, sd image or jumpdrive

The settings app takes its time starting up, but it should not take more than 4 or 5 seconds (from the slowest eMMC in use).
From the same eMMC, starting the Terminal takes not more than 2 seconds.

So you -may- have a problem with the memory hardware (formatting / OS image corrupted during download) you are running your installation from.
(10-17-2021, 03:28 PM)lacriz Wrote:
(10-15-2021, 04:58 AM)pineuser0 Wrote: The cellular, wifi, and bluetooth icons don't respond when tapped on the drop-down menu and the screen rotation  button seems to have reverted to switching between portrait and landscape rather than between locked and adapt. The gnome settings app also won't open even after a minute of waiting, whereas the terminal app opens within five seconds.

Now that I think about it, I somehow stopped using the cell/wifi/bluetooth icons since I found it more helpful + responsive to change that stuff from the settings app. Now if you really cannot open the settings app (after a restart?) I see two choices:

1a) find out which files the settings process is reading (top + lsof can be of help)
1b) delete some of those files (when you are reasonable sure it is a corrupt settings file)

2) start over, be it from a backup, sd image or jumpdrive

The settings app takes its time starting up, but it should not take more than 4 or 5 seconds (from the slowest eMMC in use).
From the same eMMC, starting the Terminal takes not more than 2 seconds.

So you -may- have a problem with the memory hardware (formatting / OS image corrupted during download) you are running your installation from.

pineuser0 reply:

When I run gnome-control-center, it says libudisks2.so.0 is needed but doesn't exist (this was after I removed the file after seeing that gnome-control-center was throwing a different error about libudisks2.so.0 being too short or something). Also, when I connect the phone to a router via ethernet cable, nothing happens. sudo wifi-menu provides the output 'Invalid interface specifications'

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  stuck between phosh and plasma aular 0 161 02-27-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: aular
  Updating Arch Linux _radv_ 8 560 02-20-2024, 09:35 AM
Last Post: _radv_
  PinePhone AND/OR PinePhone Pro Arch Complete Install and Setup mikehenson 2 2,050 01-14-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: shifras
  How to install arch with FDE user641 3 638 01-11-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  How to find software app, on Arch Phosh? general_lee 5 1,796 10-15-2023, 10:12 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Arch auto mount usb example Lazy_one 2 2,761 10-06-2023, 09:36 AM
Last Post: luppivega
  Arch with FDE user641 1 837 07-29-2023, 08:27 AM
Last Post: alpineduck
  wifi hotspot no route to Internet dieselnutjob 8 6,504 04-02-2023, 11:21 PM
Last Post: antisol
  No keyboard on Arch Plasma when entering password on document Chief 0 798 12-03-2022, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Chief
  Curious About Arch Ferriah 2 2,061 11-07-2022, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Ferriah