No Power after install new emmc and front touchscreen
Hi,

I have a UB Port Pinephone, 2GB RAM / 16 G emmc. Recently I replace it with the 3GB/32G emmc and brought the front touchscreen pannel in the hope of replacing the older hardware and the broken front touchscreen which I break it when accidently dropping it.

I followed the instructions in the store page on how to replace the emmc and at the same time I replaced the front pannel. After assemble, it did not even startup on pressing the power button. I also tried to plug in the usb charger and nothing seems to be working (no screen, no light, no nothing).

What should I try? Any input or suggestion are welcome.
I suspect the battery contains no charge - charging the battery is difficult if the phone does not boot. Do you have the Pine64 standalone battery charger for the PinePhone? I suggest using this or some other means to charge the battery outside of the PinePhone and then try booting the phone again.

See: https://pine64.com/product/pinephone-battery-charger/

If still does not boot then will need to check all the connections, checking the connectors for damage.
(09-19-2021, 10:16 AM)lot378 Wrote: I suspect the battery contains no charge - charging the battery is difficult if the phone does not boot. Do you have the Pine64 standalone battery charger for the PinePhone? I suggest using this or some other means to charge the battery outside of the PinePhone and then try booting the phone again.

If still does not boot then will need to check all the connections, checking the connectors for damage.

In case of very low battery, there is a version of Jumpdrive specifically designed for this which could help.

Maybe it has to do with the ANX firmware? I never replaced the mainboard, but the wiki says (and I remember reading about people having to do that too) to flash the ANX firmware for full USB functionality.

And of course you need an OS in the first place. Since the replacement mainboard has no OS preinstalled, you have to insert an SD card with an OS or Jumpdrive if you didn't already.
(09-19-2021, 11:20 AM)kqlnut Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 10:16 AM)lot378 Wrote: I suspect the battery contains no charge - charging the battery is difficult if the phone does not boot. Do you have the Pine64 standalone battery charger for the PinePhone? I suggest using this or some other means to charge the battery outside of the PinePhone and then try booting the phone again.

In case of very low battery, there is a version of Jumpdrive specifically designed for this which could help.

Maybe it has to do with the ANX firmware? I never replaced the mainboard, but the wiki says (and I remember reading about people having to do that too) to flash the ANX firmware for full USB functionality.

And of course you need an OS in the first place. Since the replacement mainboard has no OS preinstalled, you have to insert an SD card with an OS or Jumpdrive if you didn't already.

Hi, lot378,

Thanks for the reply. Once I place the SDCard with PostmarketOS in it, it just start booting. I believe I will needed to Flash the emmc with an OS first, stupid me.
Good, it's all about learning glad it is working quite the task putting all those new comps together!
The PMOS "Test operating system" has 'ANX' automated firmware installation, you could just run that from an sd card.
( the download is listed in the forum wiki ) * ( this was the only software on the Brave Heart Edition phone )

That should solve the one problem.

You do not "Have to have" anything on the eMMC.... You Can run just the sd card if you desire to.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  install iso from sd card to emmc aular 2 171 03-11-2024, 10:24 PM
Last Post: tllim
  control power management aular 0 398 12-16-2023, 12:16 PM
Last Post: aular
  New Pinephone is dead. eMMC, boot, hardware issues. Shane 4 1,344 05-10-2023, 03:31 AM
Last Post: fxc
  Jumpdrive broken? eMMc broken Uturn 5 1,602 04-21-2023, 12:37 AM
Last Post: Uturn
  trouble flashing eMMC TylerBlackberry 3 1,124 04-13-2023, 05:55 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  This is how you flash to eMMC easily Luke 49 79,245 12-25-2022, 05:13 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Pinephone power consumption figures? girl 5 2,893 11-01-2022, 09:21 AM
Last Post: tunnelstrong
  How to install fbkeyboard on PostmarketOS? Ulfnic 1 1,053 09-12-2022, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Ulfnic
Thumbs Down Pro Explorer wont power off Shut down Ctrl_Amiga_1070 3 1,679 09-11-2022, 12:10 AM
Last Post: dcc
  emmc formatted by mistake (it no longer appears) elode 5 3,034 07-12-2022, 04:33 AM
Last Post: elode