Face to Face community meeting possible ?
Hi all.

What is the feeling in the community. After vaccination seems to have reduced the impact of Covid a lot would you see it as a possibility to organise a face to face meeting again ?

I would suggest to do this outside and under a roof.
In London think Leadenhall market or so. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leadenhall_Market
(Something airy, open and with a roof. And ideally a Cafe)

Would you consider to join a Pine64 community meeting to show your Pine64 tools and discuss Pine stuff in e.g. London?
(09-14-2021, 10:14 AM)Surehand53 Wrote: Hi all.

What is the feeling in the community. After vaccination seems to have reduced the impact of Covid a lot would you see it as a possibility to organise a face to face meeting again ?

In London think Leadenhall market or so. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leadenhall_Market

Would you consider to join a Pine64 community meeting to show your Pine64 tools and discuss Pine stuff in e.g. London?

Where are most of the devs and participating community?
I know Maemo has done this in Finland, but that is because of Nokia.
I feel like the UK is good as it is linguistically friendly for native English speaking and English as second language people without having to fly a more expensive trip to the US, Australia, India, S Africa, or Canada.
(09-15-2021, 04:15 AM)biketool Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 10:14 AM)Surehand53 Wrote: Hi all.

Where are most of the devs and participating community?
I know Maemo has done this in Finland, but that is because of Nokia.
I feel like the UK is good as it is linguistically friendly for native English speaking and English as second language people without having to fly a more expensive trip to the US, Australia, India, S Africa, or Canada.

I was thinking of an unofficial user meeting, whoever wants to just joins. And selfishly I brought up London because I live here ;-)

Also I  wanted to hear if people are comfortable again to meet in person.
Oh, and I have checked, the Café in Leadenhall market is open on Saturday.
Very airy this place, so should be ok
(09-14-2021, 10:14 AM)Surehand53 Wrote: What is the feeling in the community. After vaccination seems to have reduced the impact of Covid a lot would you see it as a possibility to organise a face to face meeting again ?

I would suggest to go ahead even if it's just some UK-based people meeting in a non-official capacity. You should update with a poll to get some numbers.

I'm aware of some Hack-spaces in London that you might be able to book in some way, so that you can use it exclusively.

(09-15-2021, 11:16 AM)Surehand53 Wrote: Also I  wanted to hear if people are comfortable again to meet in person.
Oh, and I have checked, the Café in Leadenhall market is open on Saturday.
Very airy this place, so should be ok

Build it and they will come Smile If you wait for consensus nothing will ever be decided! (It's like trying to heard cats.)

I would like to join but unfortunately cannot due to a planet separating me from the meeting location.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Community game night :) Luke 7 8,754 04-21-2023, 12:23 AM
Last Post: TashinaJeter
  PinePhone community poll Luke 0 1,854 12-29-2021, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Luke
  PINE64 Community Rules and Code of Conduct Luke 0 11,454 02-22-2021, 05:48 PM
Star COVID-19 help: Donating masks to you local community on your behalf Luke 5 21,858 06-03-2020, 03:27 AM
Last Post: silene77
Lightbulb PINE64: StackExchange Community By-Jokese 27 46,377 02-12-2017, 02:27 AM
Last Post: makzoom01
  London (South East England) User Group Meeting frewind 13 19,835 05-16-2016, 04:28 AM