Kernel panics
Try Armbian?
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).
I'd like to add that this isn't related to the browser being used. This happens even when no applications have been launched. The possibility of a hardware issue related to the Pine64 NVMe adaptor is interesting. I don't have an NVMe drive connected, but I do have the Pine64 adaptor connected. I may try disconnecting this and monitoring whether the problem persists.
FYI: Ambian is no longer being supported on PBP.
Ancient teacher (Secondary Field Science/Math), Warrior (USARNG- RET SSG), and IT warrior (30+ years Coder, Network/Systems Administrator, general house geek). 
Pinebook Pro user (Debian, Manjaro)
(11-03-2021, 12:19 PM)wpeckham Wrote: FYI: Ambian is no longer being supported on PBP.

This is simply not true.  Armbian have announced that the board status will (at some point in the future) be changed from Supported to CSC.  Which have some specific meanings within Armbian.  You will still be able to build Armbian manually for PBP, packages will exist, etc.; you will just not be able to download pre-built binaries and some other niceties.

In reality the announcements they have put out recently are a call for help.  Already some people are stepping up to help out in various ways, including some new board maintainers.  If you care about Armbian, maybe consider stepping up, too (personally I am considering becoming maintainer for one or more boards which I own).

Anyway, more info about this specifically can be found in another thread I made for that: Armbian is dropping support for Pinebook Pro, so please direct any replies in this vein into that thread instead.
Cheers,
TRS-80

Protocols, not Platforms

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).
(11-01-2021, 01:34 AM)Feakster Wrote: I'd like to add that this isn't related to the browser being used. This happens even when no applications have been launched. The possibility of a hardware issue related to the Pine64 NVMe adaptor is interesting. I don't have an NVMe drive connected, but I do have the Pine64 adaptor connected. I may try disconnecting this and monitoring whether the problem persists.

Indeed, disconnecting the NVMe adaptor appears to have solved the problem for me. I have no idea whether this would still be an issue if I had an SSD connected to the adaptor, but now I'm reluctant to spend the money to find out.
This issue happens to me without the NVMe adapter plugged in. I have been wanting to use the Pinebook Pro as a daily-driving laptop for a while now, but this makes it impossible.
This Armbian page specifically states that there is no official support on Pinebook Pro [url[https://www.armbian.com/pinebook-pro/[/url].  Not that you cannot run it, they have images, but that it is not supported.  My earlier comment was based upon that official word form the Armbian group and page.

One nice thing about the PBP is you can install almost any image you want, and revert to one of the stock images by simply loading it to an SD card and rebooting.
Ancient teacher (Secondary Field Science/Math), Warrior (USARNG- RET SSG), and IT warrior (30+ years Coder, Network/Systems Administrator, general house geek). 
Pinebook Pro user (Debian, Manjaro)
At the time of this post, PBP is "Supported" in Armbian.  Looks like somebody stepped up as Maintainer (wonderful news! Smile).
Cheers,
TRS-80

Protocols, not Platforms

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to mainline kernel on daniel thompson's debian installer? hellojack 14 7,242 09-07-2023, 09:38 PM
Last Post: Der Geist der Maschine
  kernel module that supports usb-c hdmi alexandre 16 14,428 05-14-2023, 09:58 PM
Last Post: rathofkhan3
Question Debian (Vanilla) no output on display after Kernel update (6.0.8-1) as365n4 1 1,244 12-09-2022, 12:43 PM
Last Post: as365n4
  bootloader menu to pick a kernel - what is the current situation in in early 2022? maxtothemax 4 3,103 02-05-2022, 03:04 PM
Last Post: maxtothemax
  Kernel 5.17 will improve VP9 support? jiyong 1 2,098 01-16-2022, 08:26 PM
Last Post: xmixahlx
  red/green power led not working with kernel 5.14 alchemist 4 3,748 11-04-2021, 04:09 AM
Last Post: alchemist
  Sound stuttering on Manjaro gnome after latest kernel upgrade? pjsf 0 1,766 07-13-2021, 10:37 PM
Last Post: pjsf
  Kernel panic on boot with danielt's Debian installer hjalfi 11 11,082 07-09-2021, 08:52 AM
Last Post: moonwalkers
  Kernel crash on Manjaro ARM mfashby 0 1,574 07-06-2021, 03:17 PM
Last Post: mfashby
  A true mainline Linux Kernel for the Pinebook Pro tsys 154 205,755 06-20-2021, 09:26 AM
Last Post: linuxad