Waydroid now on manjaro !!
So last night i just found waydroid "EXPERIMENTAL - MIGHT SET YOUR PHONE ON FIRE"available on pamac to install like a package..Yes!!
And this is an updated version with sound!! running really smooth and stable.
Gaming is getting better now on pinephone ( you might need to install microG for play-services)
been running supertuxkart latest, pinball arcade via Aurora-store and still discovering around..
Amazing job from Manjaro team
I love the description though when doing "yay -Ss waydroid".
"EXPERIMENTAL - MIGHT SET YOUR PHONE ON FIRE"

This phone is ON FIRE!!
This phone is ON FIRE!!♪
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry
(09-07-2021, 05:03 AM)ryo Wrote: I love the description though when doing "yay -Ss waydroid".
"EXPERIMENTAL - MIGHT SET YOUR PHONE ON FIRE"

This phone is ON FIRE!!
This phone is ON FIRE!!♪

Yes indeed, and after install you may want to add: binder.devices="anbox-binder,anbox-hwbinder,anbox-vndbinder,binder,hwbinder,vndbinder" to boot/boot.txt right after loglevel in the arguments line
- in /boot run ./mkscr
- reboot
on terminal type: sudo waydroid-start to run it and to stop: sudo waydroid-stop from a new terminal window
I have installed Waydroid v20210730-1 via Pamac and followed wizmart's instruction. It works, yay! Thank you ^^
Aside from that, this version of waydroid still seems not to have audio support, am I wrong? Does anyone know if there is a newer version available for manjaro-arm with phosh?
Yay! Waydroid is now running in all its beauty on my PinePhone with Manjaro Arm + Phosh! (sound, colors, etc.)
I followed the brief instructions given by Strit along with the new Manjaro-ARM Stable Update from 2021-09-28.

https://forum.manjaro.org/t/arm-stable-u...nels/84576

"If you follow these steps, you should have Waydroid working fine.

Remember, Waydroid only works on wayland!

• Install
    Code:
    waydroid-image
    and all it’s dependencies.
  • Run
    Code:
    pkexec setup-waydroid

• You should now be able to launch Waydroid. The first launch takes a while."

Notes:
It wasn't a FirstTry for me. After removing my older Waydroid version via 'sudo pamac remove waydroid' and following the instructions,
the new Waydroid version did not start properly. Finally the reinstallation instructions on
https://docs.waydro.id/usage/install-on-...g-waydroid
for Ubuntu/Debian installation, helped me.
(The 'apt' command must then be replaced by 'pamac')
I haven't tried it yet, but the two biggest things that keep me from using the Pinephone as a daily driver is Signal and Whatsapp. Can anyone confirm whether those are working under Waydroid?
Does anyone know where the repository for PinePhone waydroid is located or whether there's a specific community working on it?
The code I got on my PinePhone with ManjaroARM is not the same as the one on the waydroid GitHub repository.

Also, though this looks like an amazing step forward in terms of performance, from a usability perspective it seems there quite a bit of work to do and I'd very much like to contribute, if only via beta-testing or minor code contribution on the Python side...

Where would I go to discuss waydroid on the PinePhone? The matrix room for waydroid seems way too generalistic and I could not find any other place Sad
(10-17-2021, 07:20 AM)Silmathoron Wrote: Does anyone know where the repository for PinePhone waydroid is located or whether there's a specific community working on it?
The code I got on my PinePhone with ManjaroARM is not the same as the one on the waydroid GitHub repository.

here's the Manjaro repo, they put in their own work to get it running on Manjaro: https://gitlab.manjaro.org/manjaro-arm?u...r=waydroid
@Danct12 iirc did most of the heavy lifting getting it to run on the PinePhone under Arch. (usually found lurking in the chats)

Quote:Where would I go to discuss waydroid on the PinePhone? The matrix room for waydroid seems way too generalistic and I could not find any other place Sad

for discussion of waydroid on the pinephone, specifically, i'd suggest the #pinephone chat room.
(10-18-2021, 07:07 AM)tophneal Wrote: here's the Manjaro repo, they put in their own work to get it running on Manjaro: https://gitlab.manjaro.org/manjaro-arm?u...r=waydroid
@Danct12 iirc did most of the heavy lifting getting it to run on the PinePhone under Arch. (usually found lurking in the chats)

OK, great, thanks for the link!

(10-18-2021, 07:07 AM)tophneal Wrote: for discussion of waydroid on the pinephone, specifically, i'd suggest the #pinephone chat room.

Yeah, that's what I ended up doing Smile
Is there no wiki entry on Waydroid anywhere with up-to-date install and use instructions? Would be helpful as in such a relatively early stage of development everything seems to constantly be changing

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Tongue Android Auto on Pinephone via Waydroid: a pipe dream? slondr 1 1,957 11-06-2022, 01:46 PM
Last Post: wibble
Heart Manjaro with i3 WM? Lubbvard-tentakel 1 1,275 04-03-2022, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Lubbvard-tentakel
  ufw on 5.14.8-2-MANJARO-ARM brkozak 0 1,084 10-02-2021, 10:17 AM
Last Post: brkozak
Question manjaro vs arch on Pinephone? dieselnutjob 2 2,800 09-03-2021, 05:07 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Low Battery indication (Manjaro/PostmarketOS with phosh) MamlinAV 3 4,297 12-16-2020, 03:44 AM
Last Post: dukla2000