Pine phone keyboard ?
They keyboard is already available to PinePhone Pro buyers. I see plenty of tweets about it. We already know the keyboard has been finalized, now they're literally just picking favorites. Why pretend the keyboard was made for the PinePhone when in reality is was made for the PinePhone Pro, and wasn't going to be realeased until the PinePhone became obsolete? Oh I know why, to string people along to continue to purchase the PinePhone. Clever.
@CharlieGordon

You must have the Developers approval code to purchase the Pinephone Pro in that article.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(11-13-2021, 05:58 PM)Merc Wrote: They keyboard is already available to PinePhone Pro buyers. I see plenty of tweets about it. We already know the keyboard has been finalized, now they're literally just picking favorites. Why pretend the keyboard was made for the PinePhone when in reality is was made for the PinePhone Pro, and wasn't going to be realeased until the PinePhone became obsolete? Oh I know why, to string people along to continue to purchase the PinePhone. Clever.

The keyboard is supposed to work with both phones. PinePhone Pro is only available for developers right now and we know that some of them got the keyboard for testing. They tested it on regular PinePhone, since Pro version wasn't even announced back then.
From what I have read, the current keyboard is the third revision...

So while I can hardly wait to get one, I hope they are consumer ready when they do appear in the store.

It is Good to hear they are "Testing" them !
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
As has been noted the keyboard will work with both the original Pinephone and the Pro. I don't think Pine64 is picking favorites, they're having developers make whatever software changes are needed on the phones and shake out (hopefully) any major bugs. Given the price difference, the Pinephone Pro is really aimed at a different market than the original. Though the performance improvements would be nice it would be a lot tougher to spend $400 on a phone than $150 or $200.
Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been following the Pine Phone for a while but the keyboard pushed me over the edge for wanting to pull the trigger and buy one. I am checking the store every few days hoping it has showed up, so I just wish there was some sort of notification you could sign up for when a particular product was in stock and available in the store.
(11-13-2021, 06:32 PM)bcnaz Wrote: You must have the Developers approval code to purchase the Pinephone Pro in that article.

Somehow expecting something like that I tried if I could put it in my cart and that worked without a problem. I didn't go beyond that, because I don't really want a PPP, but if there is a requirement for a code it must be at a later stage.

Are you sure that a code is still required?

According to the current blog post codes are still required.
RIP, keyboard got pushed back to next month. Super frustrating since this was supposed to release like 3 months ago.

(11-14-2021, 07:39 AM)nontrivial Wrote: Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been following the Pine Phone for a while but the keyboard pushed me over the edge for wanting to pull the trigger and buy one. I am checking the store every few days hoping it has showed up, so I just wish there was some sort of notification you could sign up for when a particular product was in stock and available in the store.

You will sadly have to wait until next month as it got pushed back again.
Perhaps they will release the keyboard about the time the next Monthly update comes out December 15th ?

Last chance for it to be released "This Year".
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
I’m glad they are taking the time to test it out and make refinements before taking anyone’s money; I'd rather have a decent product than something rushed.
Satisfied PinePhone, Pinebook Pro & PineTab2 owner; Thank you Pine64Team for your work!  Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  keyboard case charging but not typing new2pinephone 18 5,744 02-19-2024, 07:30 AM
Last Post: theResonant
  Keyboard doesn't charge my phone no matter what, so can I charge my phone directly ragreenburg 3 8,395 01-14-2024, 03:34 PM
Last Post: acid andy
  I've added an I2C connector to the PP keyboard eugenr 0 424 11-26-2023, 07:24 AM
Last Post: eugenr
  Update the PinePhone keyboard driver to support missing characters? Peter Gamma 8 8,158 10-22-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  key repeat with pinephone keyboard rotwang 0 449 10-22-2023, 03:39 PM
Last Post: rotwang
Exclamation USB mouse isn't working when a PP keyboard is attached? mikeb 3 1,231 10-21-2023, 08:21 PM
  Pinephone with mini keyboard, trackpad and large power bank? Peter Gamma 0 513 10-21-2023, 07:50 AM
  Which mini keyboard and mouse to choose for the PP? Peter Gamma 0 615 10-21-2023, 02:55 AM
  Use the Linux Console with the PinePhone Keyboard mburns 2 1,021 10-20-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: mburns
  How to disassemble Keyboard top and replace cables? elof 2 827 10-11-2023, 09:03 AM
Last Post: elof