Pine phone keyboard ?
(09-15-2021, 11:27 AM)ragreenburg Wrote: In their blog post today they mention the issues they have had with flashing the firmware onto the keyboard at the factory so it has been delayed until that is solved which sucks. I want to get a couple things from the Pine store but won't get anything until the keyboard releases just so I don't have to pay for shipping multiple times.

The keyboard comes with an "installed battery"  so it may be restricted the same as the the phone and laptop, 

'no other items on the order' ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(09-27-2021, 07:28 AM)gamerminstrel Wrote: (I could  be totally wrong, but) I was under the impression that all tinkering with the keyboard to get it working only had to be done to the keyboard's firmware itself. I don't think it will matter what distro you're using, they should all just recognize it as a keyboard.

According to https://xff.cz/git/pinephone-keyboard/tree/README there's a kernel driver to go with it, so distros will need to include that at least. That's to be expected given its i2c interface - that doesn't have anything like USB's HID standard, let alone the interface to the battery management side. I'm not clear on what changes, if any, will be required for userspace support. I _think_ things 'Just Worked' when I tried a bluetooth keyboard, but it was a long time ago and not exactly a thorough test. I've not had a device with 2 batteries before, so I've no idea whether that's already covered by existing power management stuff.
I have not seen a price tag yet, anybody know the price ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Will the keyboard battery be as easy to find on Ebay as the phones battery ?
I HOPE it is.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
I wonder if they solved the firmware problem with charging the keyboard battery.?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
So it was announced to be in the store in November, sadly no actual date which is unfortunate because it happens to already be November. The price tag is $50 which is right in line with what they were saying it would be.
I just discovered Mobian has discontinued their 'Nightly Releases' and NOW has 'Weekly Releases' .....
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
@Luke
Please throw us a clue as to when the keyboard and Pinephone Pro will be available in the Pine64 Store.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Yes, I have also been wondering where those keyboards are -- the "pilot run" from production was delivered to the store a week or so ago and there has been no news. May be there were quality issues and Pine64 decided not to sell any of them. Or the delay is because it is an item containing a battery. Or may be batteries had to be sourced separately and although they had keyboards they had no batteries.

May be the next blog will tell us?
(11-12-2021, 06:41 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Pinephone Pro will be available in the Pine64 Store.

PPP seems to be available right now: https://pine64.com/product/pinephone-pro...r-edition/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  keyboard case charging but not typing new2pinephone 18 5,734 02-19-2024, 07:30 AM
Last Post: theResonant
  Keyboard doesn't charge my phone no matter what, so can I charge my phone directly ragreenburg 3 8,272 01-14-2024, 03:34 PM
Last Post: acid andy
  I've added an I2C connector to the PP keyboard eugenr 0 423 11-26-2023, 07:24 AM
Last Post: eugenr
  Update the PinePhone keyboard driver to support missing characters? Peter Gamma 8 8,151 10-22-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  key repeat with pinephone keyboard rotwang 0 449 10-22-2023, 03:39 PM
Last Post: rotwang
Exclamation USB mouse isn't working when a PP keyboard is attached? mikeb 3 1,229 10-21-2023, 08:21 PM
  Pinephone with mini keyboard, trackpad and large power bank? Peter Gamma 0 513 10-21-2023, 07:50 AM
  Which mini keyboard and mouse to choose for the PP? Peter Gamma 0 614 10-21-2023, 02:55 AM
  Use the Linux Console with the PinePhone Keyboard mburns 2 1,018 10-20-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: mburns
  How to disassemble Keyboard top and replace cables? elof 2 821 10-11-2023, 09:03 AM
Last Post: elof