Manjaro i3 Edition not booting
After I installed a fresh install of Manjaro i3 edition on my PBP's emmc using manjaro-arm-installer, it no longer boots. I was using i3 edition previously for over a year with absolutely no issues. My PBP doesn't show an amber light or boot in to the bios after pressing the power button. It is completely dead. It boots fine from emmc, SD card and USB drive using other editions of Manjaro and if I install i3 edition on SD card or USB, I get the same issue. So it seems there is an issue with the i3 edition itself and not the PBP or the SD card and thumb drives. Sway boots and runs fine, but I'm attached to i3. I noticed on the manjaro-arm-flasher, i3 isn't even an option, only sway so it's possible i3 isn't supported but hasn't been removed as an option from the manjaro-arm-installer? There also isn't an option for i3 download directly from Manjaro website either, only sway. I made a backup and still have my old i3 config file, so I guess I can give sway a go if i3 is a no go!

(08-23-2021, 06:21 PM)mtndew Wrote: After I installed a fresh install of Manjaro i3 edition on my PBP's emmc using manjaro-arm-installer, it no longer boots. I was using i3 edition previously for over a year with absolutely no issues. My PBP doesn't show an amber light or boot in to the bios after pressing the power button. It is completely dead. It boots fine from emmc, SD card and USB drive using other editions of Manjaro and if I install i3 edition on SD card or USB, I get the same issue. So it seems there is an issue with the i3 edition itself and not the PBP or the SD card and thumb drives. Sway boots and runs fine, but I'm attached to i3. I noticed on the manjaro-arm-flasher, i3 isn't even an option, only sway so it's possible i3 isn't supported but hasn't been removed as an option from the manjaro-arm-installer? There also isn't an option for i3 download directly from Manjaro website either, only sway. I made a backup and still have my old i3 config file, so I guess I can give sway a go if i3 is a no go!

I did another install of i3 and paid closer attention to the install process. It seems like i3 edition is not supported any more. Manjaro-arm-installer does not pull packages from the repositories during the install. The reason the PBP is not booting is because the installer is not pulling the files needed to build the boot partition or the root partition for that matter so I am just winding up with a blank emmc. Can anyone confirm this?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manjaro versions bad and good gilwood 0 188 02-12-2024, 05:03 PM
Last Post: gilwood
  Brand new Pinebook Pro doesn't boot after Manjaro update johnboiles 8 2,000 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  PBP won't boot after trying to reinstall Manjaro ARM soupgirl 3 562 12-13-2023, 08:17 PM
Last Post: trillobite
  Followed the blog post to install Fedora: PBP not booting anymore koenigs 6 1,738 06-01-2023, 10:58 AM
  Games compilation howto on the Pinebook-pro (Manjaro Linux and Debian native) astr0baby 201 314,519 05-12-2023, 06:09 AM
Last Post: korreckj328
  Manjaro Plasma blinking cursor jcun4128 4 1,370 05-08-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: korreckj328
  I'm booting from NVME but I want to switch back to eMMC acruhl 4 1,384 04-23-2023, 06:58 AM
Last Post: acruhl
  PBP blank screen after updating Manjaro Franko 6 1,875 04-01-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: hacknix
  Manjaro - which libdrm? hacknix 0 529 04-01-2023, 03:21 AM
Last Post: hacknix
  Partial boot after installing Manjaro on emmc regivanx 11 2,964 02-06-2023, 09:11 AM