External display / display output
I'm really excited about the PineNote, I've been playing with different e-ink devices like Boox Note Air and Supernote and would love to have a Linux Opensource option to tinker with.

Just an idea of hardware support that would make it unique compared to other existing e-ink devices:

- Ability to connect the tablet to an usb-c color lcd monitor and use it as a Linux computer
- Ability to plug a laptop or computer to the tablet itself and use the tablet as an external e-ink monitor

Really looking forward to this e-ink tablet!
Greetings
While I don't share Jcarlos' enthusiasm for the video output, I would definitely appreciate the ability to use the PineNote as an external e-ink monitor for another pc!
I also join the "really looking forward" philosophy Wink
(09-29-2021, 02:26 AM)Jreps Wrote: Greetings
While I don't share Jcarlos' enthusiasm for the video output, I would definitely appreciate the ability to use the PineNote as an external e-ink monitor for another pc!
I also join the "really looking forward" philosophy Wink

I think a video input option is much harder and less likely to occur. But the option to use an external monitor so you could also have an optional portable media player would be nice.
I'm gonna pile on to the crowd making this a lower priority. The closest use in my mind is using a pinenote to drive a presentation.
Their are options in software to allow this to happen:

- Ability to plug a laptop or computer to the tablet itself and use the tablet as an external e-ink monitor

Using the USB interface as a data channel and special software, (possibly on both host and tablet side), this can work.

I'm not saying it's a good idea or easy, but I have seen someone "span" a Unix desktop across a local and remote monitor. Local being defined as hardware directly connected to the Unix / Linux computer, like through PCIe. And remote being either USB or Ethernet.
--
Arwen Evenstar
Princess of Rivendale