Screen flashes blue and then goes dark.
So I am guessing I must have messed up somewhere but as I keep getting the same results I figured I would ask here. When I plug in my pine board the screen flashes blue for a second but then goes black. I know everything is connected where it should be though its possible all the ribbon pins aren't lined up perfectly. Should I just keep trying to reconnect them until it works or do you guys have any other thoughts?
Hi, which image have you on your sdcard (please link) and with which tool did you write the card? For the flat flex connectors it is important to note that the contact surfaces on the cable have to face the contacts in the connectors, check if thats the case and the cable is not inserted upside-down. If you use Android, make sure you have the image with LCD support and not the HDMI version. For Linux there is no LCD support yet in any of the images afaik...
Come have a chat in the Pine IRC channel >>
(06-21-2016, 03:02 PM)tanarri Wrote: So I am guessing I must have messed up somewhere but as I keep getting the same results I figured I would ask here. When I plug in my pine board the screen flashes blue for a second but then goes black. I know everything is connected where it should be though its possible all the ribbon pins aren't lined up perfectly. Should I just keep trying to reconnect them until it works or do you guys have any other thoughts?

Lock down the ribbon cable if you haven't already. Lift the black flap on the connector, insert the ribbon cable, then bring the flap down to lock it into place.

Also, that stuff xalius said.
(06-21-2016, 03:16 PM)xalius Wrote: Hi, which image have you on your sdcard (please link) and with which tool did you write the card? For the flat flex connectors it is important to note that the contact surfaces on the cable have to face the contacts in the connectors, check if thats the case and the cable is not inserted upside-down. If you use Android, make sure you have the image with LCD support and not the HDMI version. For Linux there is no LCD support yet in any of the images afaik...

I have the image that came on the card. I got the pre-uploaded android package.  All the contacts are face down and the latch/hinge has been closed.  Its just a little tricky to get them in which is why I mentioned it as a possibility.
(06-21-2016, 03:35 PM)tanarri Wrote:
(06-21-2016, 03:16 PM)xalius Wrote: Hi, which image have you on your sdcard (please link) and with which tool did you write the card? For the flat flex connectors it is important to note that the contact surfaces on the cable have to face the contacts in the connectors, check if thats the case and the cable is not inserted upside-down. If you use Android, make sure you have the image with LCD support and not the HDMI version. For Linux there is no LCD support yet in any of the images afaik...

I have the image that came on the card. I got the pre-uploaded android package.  All the contacts are face down and the latch/hinge has been closed.  Its just a little tricky to get them in which is why I mentioned it as a possibility.

Unfortunately you wouldn't be the first person to receive the regular android image with your LCD touchscreen. To confirm my suspicion please download the LCD image that suits you here, burn it to your SD card and report back if it worked. 

I bet £5 this will solve your issue.

[edit] there is actually a super simple way to test this. Connect your pine to a regular screen via HDMI and see if you get output; if you do, then we know you've got the regular img that will not work with the LCD
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(06-21-2016, 04:40 PM)Luke Wrote:
(06-21-2016, 03:35 PM)tanarri Wrote:

Unfortunately you wouldn't be the first person to receive the regular android image with your LCD touchscreen. To confirm my suspicion please download the LCD image that suits you here, burn it to your SD card and report back if it worked. 

I bet £5 this will solve your issue.

[edit] there is actually a super simple way to test this. Connect your pine to a regular screen via HDMI and see if you get output; if you do, then we know you've got the regular img that will not work with the LCD

What are the differences between 5.2, 5.4, 5.5?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What other devices can the LCD screen work on? kodachrome 1 3,050 12-07-2019, 06:50 PM
Last Post: kodachrome
  [EXPERIMENTAL] Linux on the LCD screen Terra854 24 34,708 07-21-2017, 07:41 AM
Last Post: apple4ever
  LCD screen brightness/contrast Learnincurve 10 13,618 02-17-2017, 12:45 PM
Last Post: psychedup
  Touch screen support shariq_2001 14 19,529 12-07-2016, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Luke
  LCD Touch Screen Problem. Gavin 8 9,473 11-27-2016, 10:26 PM
Last Post: michaelquezon
  LCD Pannel working... Touch screen NOT working?? Why Chopshop13 3 4,998 06-13-2016, 08:24 AM
Last Post: PapaStahl
  LCD screen not powering on Dnode 16 20,747 06-08-2016, 12:59 PM
Last Post: anexpert
  Petition thread for screen larger than 7inch MostHated 4 5,276 03-02-2016, 03:40 PM
Last Post: MostHated