Looking to sink my teeth in to development, but need a bit of direction.
I was able to clone the project, change the color of the flashlight app and then build that and flash it to my PineTime sealed OTA. Looking to perhaps help look into the multi-swipe issue. I saw that the PineTime uses the CST816S, and I found where the driver for that is in the repo, but I am still trying to figure out what is happening in there... The medium article mentioned is no longer available.

I have limited experience with embedded devices, so any resources to point me in the right direction to understanding how swipes are registered with the CST816S are welcomed!
(08-11-2021, 08:12 PM)wilsonjholmes Wrote: I was able to clone the project, change the color of the flashlight app and then build that and flash it to my PineTime sealed OTA. Looking to perhaps help look into the multi-swipe issue. I saw that the PineTime uses the CST816S, and I found where the driver for that is in the repo, but I am still trying to figure out what is happening in there... The medium article mentioned is no longer available.

Awesome! Just be careful in pushing custom untested code (on a sealed device), specifically any hardware inputs - you could very easily put your device into a state when you cannot go back to a working firmware.

I have personally done as you have done with testing on a sealed device, but it's dicey. I would highly recommend getting an unsealed device for doing testing.

(08-11-2021, 08:12 PM)wilsonjholmes Wrote: I have limited experience with embedded devices, so any resources to point me in the right direction to understanding how swipes are registered with the CST816S are welcomed!

Perhaps you can communicate with @JF002 - he should be able to point you in the right direction. I understand that he is relatively active on Discord.
(08-11-2021, 09:20 PM)barray Wrote:
(08-11-2021, 08:12 PM)wilsonjholmes Wrote: I was able to clone the project, change the color of the flashlight app and then build that and flash it to my PineTime sealed OTA. Looking to perhaps help look into the multi-swipe issue. I saw that the PineTime uses the CST816S, and I found where the driver for that is in the repo, but I am still trying to figure out what is happening in there... The medium article mentioned is no longer available.

Awesome! Just be careful in pushing custom untested code (on a sealed device), specifically any hardware inputs - you could very easily put your device into a state when you cannot go back to a working firmware.

I have personally done as you have done with testing on a sealed device, but it's dicey. I would highly recommend getting an unsealed device for doing testing.

(08-11-2021, 08:12 PM)wilsonjholmes Wrote: I have limited experience with embedded devices, so any resources to point me in the right direction to understanding how swipes are registered with the CST816S are welcomed!

Perhaps you can communicate with @JF002 - he should be able to point you in the right direction. I understand that he is relatively active on Discord.

Thanks! Are you aware of any other way to test InfiniTime other than on the physical PineTIme? Is there an emulator, or even another compatible smartwatch out there I could use? The dev kits don't seem to be available right now.
(08-11-2021, 11:17 PM)wilsonjholmes Wrote: Thanks! Are you aware of any other way to test InfiniTime other than on the physical PineTIme? Is there an emulator,

I believe there is an emulator, I don't know if it kept up though. From memory it was for UI testing.

(08-11-2021, 11:17 PM)wilsonjholmes Wrote: or even another compatible smartwatch out there I could use?

I don't believe so... At least not without some effort.

(08-11-2021, 11:17 PM)wilsonjholmes Wrote: The dev kits don't seem to be available right now.

I believe they are now?
(08-12-2021, 01:00 AM)barray Wrote:
(08-11-2021, 11:17 PM)wilsonjholmes Wrote: Thanks! Are you aware of any other way to test InfiniTime other than on the physical PineTIme? Is there an emulator,

I believe there is an emulator, I don't know if it kept up though. From memory it was for UI testing.

(08-11-2021, 11:17 PM)wilsonjholmes Wrote: or even another compatible smartwatch out there I could use?

I don't believe so... At least not without some effort.

(08-11-2021, 11:17 PM)wilsonjholmes Wrote: The dev kits don't seem to be available right now.

I believe they are now?
Hmm... Do you have a link for that? On my end it looks like they are OOS till the end of September.
Hi Wilson,

I'm a pixel artist, and just wanted to put my hand up and say: if you have a concept for a simple game that you might like to realise, I'm keen and available to produce art/animation for it. I like the idea of making an animated theme for the watch, with moving wallpaper that activates on touch. I guess that would equate to a new "watchface". LMK if you're interested in collaborating.
For byte-sized tech and software tips check out my Danimations Digital Media tips channel on Youtube Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star How to get started ? Share you development setup! JF002 19 30,239 03-27-2020, 02:56 PM
Last Post: VMMainFrame