Up-firing speakers!!!
I modified the case of my pinebook pro to make the speakers fire upwards. 

Here's a video I made about the process: 

https://youtu.be/9kk2QpwDnR4

I put more details in the description of the video.

LMK if you have any questions or thoughts. 

Thanks to Pine64 for making a hack-able product with affordable replacement parts!
Ha, look at that! Smile  Cool, and an improvement could be to make the grille flush with the palmrest, by creating a temporary die that you'd use to create (punch out) a thin, perfectly round "dimple" in a piece of grille, which would then fit flush inside the hole in the palmrest.
(07-28-2021, 12:13 PM)dsimic Wrote: Ha, look at that! Smile  Cool, and an improvement could be to make the grille flush with the palmrest, by creating a temporary die that you'd use to create (punch out) a thin, perfectly round "dimple" in a piece of grille, which would then fit flush inside the hole in the palmrest.

Yeah... Having a flush finish world be nicer. Lemme work on that. Ideas on how to make grill stay in place? (Not get poked down into hole by one of my 5 year old twin boys? ?
(07-28-2021, 12:25 PM)mamboman777 Wrote: Ideas on how to make grill stay in place? (Not get poked down into hole by one of my 5 year old twin boys??

I'd use two-component epoxy glue and apply it to the underside of the grille, where the grille "overlaps" the underside of the palmrest. Apply just enough epoxy to fill the openings in the grille in the overlapping section.
(07-28-2021, 12:32 PM)dsimic Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 12:25 PM)mamboman777 Wrote: Ideas on how to make grill stay in place? (Not get poked down into hole by one of my 5 year old twin boys??

I'd use two-component epoxy glue and apply it to the underside of the grille, where the grille "overlaps" the underside of the palmrest.  Apply just enough epoxy to fill the openings in the grille in the overlapping section.
I don't think I understand what you mean. I was speaking about
holding a flush grille in place. Are we speaking of the game thing?
Please, have a look at the attached picture...  See the holes in the grile that are in the overlapped section, i.e. the section you can't actually see through?  My suggestion is to use just enough epoxy glue to fill those holes; the glue will bond to the grille and to the underside of the palmrest, without adding some thickness that would interfere with the speakers once you mount them.

Hopefully, this will make more sense. Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Gotcha. I think that makes sense. I'm a little apprehensive about going the grills. As it is they aren't really a problem and if they get too gunky, I can just cut another one out. I was curious more about making the grill flush with the palm rest.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how to get rid of heavy distortion from the speakers? stozi 2 1,929 02-20-2022, 05:46 AM
Last Post: stozi
  If booted with headphones in, sound comes from them and speakers stozi 6 5,480 06-11-2021, 01:27 AM
Last Post: dsimic
  Pine book Pro Speakers bcnaz 27 28,058 05-20-2020, 07:05 AM
Last Post: TDC_PBP
  Issues connecting bluetooth headphones and speakers jamathis 2 3,910 12-01-2019, 11:21 AM
Last Post: jamathis