Android Gaming Image
(07-19-2016, 10:07 AM)KryPtAlIvIaN Wrote: If all goes well. I'll make a copy of the image and release it. FYI this is an EARLY Alpha.

(08-18-2016, 08:00 PM)KryPtAlIvIaN Wrote: Here is a link to the EARLY Alpha https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz2C40k...sp=sharing

Scratch that, download was incomplete. Re-downloading now.

> What's the format? IMG?
> Should I just dd it onto an SD card?
> The SD card I have handy is 64gb. Will your image expand itself or will I have to?

Thanks! Big Grin
(08-20-2016, 01:23 PM)pqueiro Wrote:
(07-19-2016, 10:07 AM)KryPtAlIvIaN Wrote: If all goes well. I'll make a copy of the image and release it. FYI this is an EARLY Alpha.

(08-18-2016, 08:00 PM)KryPtAlIvIaN Wrote: Here is a link to the EARLY Alpha https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz2C40k...sp=sharing

> The SD card I have handy is 64gb. Will your image expand itself or will I have to?

Thanks! Big Grin
Add .IMG then you can flash it
(08-20-2016, 04:11 PM)KryPtAlIvIaN Wrote:

Thanks! Big Grin

Added .img extension, flashed it onto an SD card, booted, got wifi, mouse and keyboard working. Posting from it right now  Big Grin 

First boot took quite a while, but not more than Ubuntu or RemixOS. Keyboard layout hasn't adapted to Portuguese (stuck in US) but that's manageable.

Key question here is - what should I be testing? I don't see anything obvious. Should there be some baked-in software? All I can see is stock android stuff Sad

Thanks! Big Grin

Edit: just adding that I see the full 64gb of space available, so Android clearly expanded all the way Smile
(08-21-2016, 09:15 AM)pqueiro Wrote:
(08-20-2016, 04:11 PM)KryPtAlIvIaN Wrote:

Thanks! Big Grin

Added .img extension, flashed it onto an SD card, booted, got wifi, mouse and keyboard working. Posting from it right now  Big Grin 

First boot took quite a while, but not more than Ubuntu or RemixOS. Keyboard layout hasn't adapted to Portuguese (stuck in US) but that's manageable.

Key question here is - what should I be testing? I don't see anything obvious. Should there be some baked-in software? All I can see is stock android stuff Sad

Thanks! Big Grin

Edit: just adding that I see the full 64gb of space available, so Android clearly expanded all the way Smile

Play games, Add roms, try to break it basically
KryPtAlIvIaN can you tell us, what did you change from the image provided by Pine?
(08-21-2016, 03:30 PM)KryPtAlIvIaN Wrote: Play games, Add roms, try to break it basically

OK, so first report:

> after a false start (download interrupted mid-way), I got the full and correct file
> imaging onto SD card was easy
> all 64gb of my SD card are usable, which is nice
> on boot, retroarch launches as expected

However, trying to launch Super Mario Advance with the GBA emulator resulted in a crash. I'll try more ROMs and systems tomorrow and report back Smile

Thanks! Big Grin
Been playing a bit with the RetroPie so I'm game to try this as well.

Thank you for attempting this Smile
Sorry I'm a little new to android. Been playing a lot with the retro pie though... Can I connect via FTP to this? Is there a default username/password or can I change those settings somewhere??? Where are the rom folders???
(01-23-2017, 09:54 PM)cjolly3053 Wrote: Sorry I'm a little new to android. Been playing a lot with the retro pie though... Can I connect via FTP to this? Is there a default username/password or can I change those settings somewhere??? Where are the rom folders???

Sorry, I've been so busy the last few months, between a new job, family death, and holidays. I hope to get started on the project here in the next few days. This will not be a traditional image, as I have to use apps to do everything since the regular linux version is not yet ready for gaming. 

Right now everything is stock, and no accounts have been tied, which means you shouldn't have to log in. I want to get the gaming process going first, then I'll add the FTP APPS, Shares, and other options. 

Right now, I'm going to be doing some research on the best way to implement control mappings for devices. I may just do a poll on what controllers people will be using.
(06-20-2016, 09:29 AM)KryPtAlIvIaN Wrote: I'm going to attempt to make an Android Gaming Image. I need a few people to test the image when I get it going. You will need to be familiar with android. 

Basically, I'm going to install RetroArch and have it boot straight into Retroarch. Let me know if you would like to give it a try.

Thanks,

KryPtAlIvIaN

***UPDATE***

Here is a link to the EARLY Alpha https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz2C40k...sp=sharing

Sorry, the file you have requested does not exist.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gaming Compatibility KryPtAlIvIaN 96 137,401 01-28-2022, 05:01 AM
Last Post: alanwake82
  android games playing on pine 64 running Remix os mbjpine64 1 4,597 09-01-2016, 12:11 AM
Last Post: hrlmbtz
  Pine A64 - Android Game station project octopus 22 37,234 07-19-2016, 01:15 AM
Last Post: octopus
  Welcome to the gaming portion of the forum! KryPtAlIvIaN 4 8,879 05-22-2016, 04:10 AM
Last Post: Tarjei85
  Plans for gaming? JessicaAlba 6 11,556 01-05-2016, 03:29 PM
Last Post: taros