Android Gaming Image
Thanks everyone! 

My goal is to have it boot straight into RetroArch, but for now, I'm focusing on making sure RetroArch is running perfectly. I plan to dig into alot of the guides on RetroArch to learn about it from the inside out. I want to have as many controller mappings ready as soon as can be.

Unfortunately, my grandfather fell seriously ill this passed weekend and ended up passing Sunday night. This kept me from working on the image all weekend, but within the next few days, I should have made some progress and will be able to upload the alpha image.
(06-28-2016, 07:08 AM)KryPtAlIvIaN Wrote: Thanks everyone! 

My goal is to have it boot straight into RetroArch, but for now, I'm focusing on making sure RetroArch is running perfectly. I plan to dig into alot of the guides on RetroArch to learn about it from the inside out. I want to have as many controller mappings ready as soon as can be.

Unfortunately, my grandfather fell seriously ill this passed weekend and ended up passing Sunday night. This kept me from working on the image all weekend, but within the next few days, I should have made some progress and will be able to upload the alpha image.

Hey,

Sorry to hear of your grandfather. Mine passed away this February just gone at the grand old age of 98.

Looking forward to using the Pine for gaming as and when you get time to work on things.
(06-28-2016, 08:30 AM)Ghost Wrote:
(06-28-2016, 07:08 AM)KryPtAlIvIaN Wrote: Thanks everyone! 

Hey,

Sorry to hear of your grandfather. Mine passed away this February just gone at the grand old age of 98.

Looking forward to using the Pine for gaming as and when you get time to work on things.
Thanks ghost!

It's hard, but he is in a better place. He was 89 and would still be kicking if it wasn't for the chemicals he worked around his whole life messing with his lungs. Its always nice to know that your family has a long line of family members passing in their 90's :-)
Hey, I was wondering if you have had any luck with getting SNES to run? I've tried several different SNES cores, and they all run pretty crappy. Either too slow, or they crash Retroarch. So far this has been a disappointing experience, Retroarch is hard to work with normally, but to have to struggle finding an core for such a simple system like snes that'll run is aggravating.

The other issue I've been having is a certain shader. I CAN get NES to run just fine. My goal was to use a scanline overlay and the geom shader, to give the appearance of playing on an old school crt television. However when I select the geom shader, there's a big opaque circle in the center of the screen.
PINE A64+ w/ 2GB SDRAM, 8GB MicroSD Card, Basic Media Remote, Acrylic Open Enclosure, Wifi/Bluetooth Module, 5V 2A Power Supply.
Backer number #26,231  + KS Funded Jan 16, 2016 + Backerkit funded March 10, 2016

(06-29-2016, 09:08 AM)birdcatx7 Wrote: Hey, I was wondering if you have had any luck with getting SNES to run? I've tried several different SNES cores, and they all run pretty crappy. Either too slow, or they crash Retroarch. So far this has been a disappointing experience, Retroarch is hard to work with normally, but to have to struggle finding an core for such a simple system like snes that'll run is aggravating.

The other issue I've been having is a certain shader. I CAN get NES to run just fine. My goal was to use a scanline overlay and the geom shader, to give the appearance of playing on an old school crt television. However when I select the geom shader, there's a big opaque circle in the center of the screen.

I'll have to check on which systems have scraped. The night I did all of the work, retroarch was having server issues. I wasn't able to get all the cores that I had wanted. I know one core would force quit retroarch.
(06-20-2016, 10:06 AM)KryPtAlIvIaN Wrote:
(06-20-2016, 09:30 AM)Ghost Wrote:
(06-20-2016, 09:29 AM)KryPtAlIvIaN Wrote: I'm going to attempt to make an Android Gaming Image. I need a few people to test the image when I get it going. You will need to be familiar with android. 

Basically, I'm going to install RetroArch and have it boot straight into Retroarch. Let me know if you would like to give it a try.

Thanks,

KryPtAlIvIaN

How familiar?

Someone that isn't scared to play around with the system. I want someone that will use ES Explorer to transfer files and what not. 

Basically I don't want someone that expects the games and everything to be on there and ready.

Howdy! Just got my hands on my pine64 ?, could I get my hands on that image as well?
If all goes well. I'll make a copy of the image and release it. FYI this is an EARLY Alpha.
I'll take it! My Pine arrive the other day and I'm terribly excited to start tinkering with it Big Grin

As far as I can tell your Alpha is the closest to a fully working gaming distro, right? EmulationStation, Retropie, Recalbox, none of them work, right?

Thanks!
(07-19-2016, 10:07 AM)KryPtAlIvIaN Wrote: If all goes well. I'll make a copy of the image and release it. FYI this is an EARLY Alpha.

I'm okay with using the alpha, not expecting anything to be perfect.
How do you guys want the Image distributed? Google Drive, Torrent?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gaming Compatibility KryPtAlIvIaN 96 139,142 01-28-2022, 05:01 AM
Last Post: alanwake82
  android games playing on pine 64 running Remix os mbjpine64 1 4,649 09-01-2016, 12:11 AM
Last Post: hrlmbtz
  Pine A64 - Android Game station project octopus 22 37,612 07-19-2016, 01:15 AM
Last Post: octopus
  Welcome to the gaming portion of the forum! KryPtAlIvIaN 4 8,983 05-22-2016, 04:10 AM
Last Post: Tarjei85
  Plans for gaming? JessicaAlba 6 11,707 01-05-2016, 03:29 PM
Last Post: taros