How to use Xorg for testing purposes?
I am hoping to help the team behind Retroarch figure out why it is crashing on the Pinephone. The current theory is that there is some issue between the Lima driver and Wayland, so they asked if I can replicate the issue using Xorg instead of Wayland. Is that even possible on the Pinephone? 

I have Manjaro/Plasma Mobile and Mobian/Phosh set up at the moment, but am willing to use other distros for troubleshooting.
(07-13-2021, 11:15 AM)gamerminstrel Wrote: I am hoping to help the team behind Retroarch figure out why it is crashing on the Pinephone. The current theory is that there is some issue between the Lima driver and Wayland, so they asked if I can replicate the issue using Xorg instead of Wayland. Is that even possible on the Pinephone? 

I have Manjaro/Plasma Mobile and Mobian/Phosh set up at the moment, but am willing to use other distros for troubleshooting.

Hi,

I'm no expert on this, so hopefully, you'll get some better answers. But in mobian, it's pretty easy to swap from Phosh to Gnome Shell:
https://wiki.mobian-project.org/doku.php...vironments
Then when you log in, you can choose Xorg instead of Wayland.

Good luck