Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread
Stock count, estimated availability dates and shipping status of our most popular devices can now be checked on our website.
The website updates every 2-3 days. Stock quantities are approximations and availability dates are estimates.

Use this thread for questions regarding availability of other products, queries concerning shipping and other relevant topics.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

I would like to buy the PinePhone and some of its accessories but when I checkout at the cart, it does not give me any shipping options for my address. It is in Victoria,Australia. Any update on this?
(06-08-2021, 09:49 PM)johnb Wrote: I would like to buy the PinePhone and some of its accessories but when I checkout at the cart, it does not give me any shipping options for my address. It is in Victoria,Australia. Any update on this?
You have to remove the accessories from your cart and order them separately. It's stated on the PinePhone order page:
Quote:Due to Lithium-ion battery in PinePhone, the shipment of PinePhone orders will be handled differently from other Pine64 products, that’s the reason we didn’t allow to combined PinePhone order with other Pine64 products. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Hi all
is there a website where I can enter my order number and get an idea of date of shipment ?
Thanks
(06-01-2021, 02:47 PM)Luke Wrote: Stock count, estimated availability dates and shipping status of our most popular devices can now be checked on our website.
The website updates every 2-3 days. Stock quantities are approximations and availability dates are estimates.

Use this thread for questions regarding availability of other products, queries concerning shipping and other relevant topics.

I ordered a Pinephone on 5/25/21 and according to 4px it was returned to sender by the USPS on 6/10. While the 4px tracking number is useful I'd like to have an USPS tracking number so I can find out what happened. Unless of course someone on Pinephone's side can tell me why I have not received the package.

I can submit the tracking number or personal information upon request. Thank you for any help.
This is a great addition to the site, thanks!
------
it doesn't get happy
it doesn't get sad
it just runs programs
Any word on when there might be some pine book pros available to purchase in the US? I am a cybersecurity student and could really use an affordable laptop with a Linux OS. Im desperate PLEASE HELP!
(07-10-2021, 06:22 PM)esanmiguel1 Wrote: Any word on when there might be some pine book pros available to purchase in the US? I am a cybersecurity student and could really use an affordable laptop with a Linux OS. Im desperate PLEASE HELP!

If you need a Linux laptop ASAP and you don't need specifically an ARM machine I would recommend buying a used ThinkPad - it's likely not going to have as good battery life or be as compact and lightweight, but historically ThinkPads had pretty good compatibility with Linux. You can easily get a ThinkPad T510 for as little as $115 Buy It Now on eBay, and then you can just buy a new battery separately with the remaining money if you already budgeted the whole $220+shipping. The prices will likely be higher if you go for more compact and lightweight models like X-series. But so long as you get something with at least Core 2 Duo - the performance you'll get will be about as good as PBP, and if it is anything with Core i3/i5/i7 it will exceed PBP's performance. If this route is acceptable to you - check http://thinkwiki.org/wiki/ to make sure you're know what to expect.

But if you want specifically an ARM machine - patience, young padawan. Last I've heard there is components shortage of... just about everything electronics. Big companies have resources to secure their stocks, while the small fish like Pine64 are forced to scrape the bottom of the barrel. But if brand new is not a hard requirement even here - occasionally people here on these forums unload their lightly (ab)used PBPs. Watch for any of those posts, or maybe write your own WTB (willing to buy) post. You might want to set up eBay search notifications too.

In fact, had you had your private messaging enabled I'd sent you this listing in private: https://www.ebay.com/itm/284363420357?ha...SwJ1lg5j6u
You have six days to bid, and even if you win it'll likely cost you more than $220, but if you're in a hurry and you want specifically PBP - it's an option too.
This message was created with 100% recycled electrons
(07-11-2021, 12:37 AM)moonwalkers Wrote:
(07-10-2021, 06:22 PM)esanmiguel1 Wrote: Any word on when there might be some pine book pros available to purchase in the US? I am a cybersecurity student and could really use an affordable laptop with a Linux OS. Im desperate PLEASE HELP!

If you need a Linux laptop ASAP and you don't need specifically an ARM machine I would recommend buying a used ThinkPad - it's likely not going to have as good battery life or be as compact and lightweight, but historically ThinkPads had pretty good compatibility with Linux. You can easily get a ThinkPad T510 for as little as $115 Buy It Now on eBay, and then you can just buy a new battery separately with the remaining money if you already budgeted the whole $220+shipping. The prices will likely be higher if you go for more compact and lightweight models like X-series. But so long as you get something with at least Core 2 Duo - the performance you'll get will be about as good as PBP, and if it is anything with Core i3/i5/i7 it will exceed PBP's performance. If this route is acceptable to you - check http://thinkwiki.org/wiki/ to make sure you're know what to expect.

But if you want specifically an ARM machine - patience, young padawan. Last I've heard there is components shortage of... just about everything electronics. Big companies have resources to secure their stocks, while the small fish like Pine64 are forced to scrape the bottom of the barrel. But if brand new is not a hard requirement even here - occasionally people here on these forums unload their lightly (ab)used PBPs. Watch for any of those posts, or maybe write your own WTB (willing to buy) post. You might want to set up eBay search notifications too.

Thanks so much for the advice !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HeY Luke, 

Good Day

I ordered few days back in july 21, any idea when can i expect the pinephone in NewZealand ?
will i get any kind of confirmation ? once the order will be dispatched.

Regards

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone Keyboard update [April 24/04] Luke 73 106,653 08-12-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: kat22
  October update follow-up Luke 0 2,514 10-29-2021, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread Luke 136 164,812 06-04-2021, 09:43 AM
  PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread Luke 59 79,803 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM
  PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread. Luke 135 174,641 04-11-2021, 01:47 PM
Video February Community Update Video Synopsis Luke 0 2,888 02-19-2021, 08:23 PM
  Manjaro Community Edition Shipping thread Luke 122 145,672 01-28-2021, 07:30 PM
Last Post: Muad
Information August/ September Pinebook Pro, PineTab and PinePhone shipping thread Luke 256 371,128 10-27-2020, 11:14 AM
  The PinePhone is real and shipping soon! (September blog update) fire219 20 35,649 09-22-2020, 02:41 PM
Last Post: fsflover
  Pinebook Pro & PinePhone shipping progress (2020) Luke 659 893,197 08-07-2020, 05:38 AM