Arrived today...cannot boot to touchscreen or HDMI?
Exclamation 
Just received the kit today; LCD ribbons attached to DSI and TP (metal side down, a little awkward without the yet-to-be-shipped enclosure), and the red LED powers on, but it does not appear to boot.  I checked the connections, same result.  I removed the LCD and tried the board alone with a good HDMI cable; same result: black screen.

I attempted to verify the image on the "Pre-loaded Micro SD card" with both a Windows 8 and a Macbook, but both state that the "disk is not readable"???   WTF?  

What next?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

------------------------------------
(Reward Level):

"The PINE A64+ Box w/ Touch Screen

You will get the PINE A64+ 1GB unit along with 64GB MicroSD Pre-Loaded with Android 5.1 OS, 802.11N Wifi + Bluetooth 4.0, PINE64 Power Supply, 7" LCD touchscreen panel, the PINE64 Enclosure. 2GB upgrade available for $10 later. "
(06-16-2016, 06:16 AM)editfish Wrote: Just received the kit today; LCD ribbons attached to DSI and TP (metal side down, a little awkward without the yet-to-be-shipped enclosure), and the red LED powers on, but it does not appear to boot.  I checked the connections, same result.  I removed the LCD and tried the board alone with a good HDMI cable; same result: black screen.

I attempted to verify the image on the "Pre-loaded Micro SD card" with both a Windows 8 and a Macbook, but both state that the "disk is not readable"???   WTF?  

What next?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

------------------------------------
(Reward Level):

"The PINE A64+ Box w/ Touch Screen

You will get the PINE A64+ 1GB unit along with 64GB MicroSD Pre-Loaded with Android 5.1 OS, 802.11N Wifi + Bluetooth 4.0, PINE64 Power Supply, 7" LCD touchscreen panel, the PINE64 Enclosure. 2GB upgrade available for $10 later. "

I believe Android utilises an EXT4 file system, which is not natively recognised by Windows or OS X, so they will not recognise the data on the microSD and may ask to format it.
(06-16-2016, 07:09 AM)Ghost Wrote: I believe Android utilises an EXT4 file system, which is not natively recognised by Windows or OS X, so they will not recognise the data on the microSD and may ask to format it.

Thanks, Ghost.  That makes sense, but I'm still unsure how to proceed with the start up?  Does it require a network connection to boot?
(06-16-2016, 07:13 AM)editfish Wrote:
(06-16-2016, 07:09 AM)Ghost Wrote: I believe Android utilises an EXT4 file system, which is not natively recognised by Windows or OS X, so they will not recognise the data on the microSD and may ask to format it.

Thanks, Ghost.  That makes sense, but I'm still unsure how to proceed with the start up?  Does it require a network connection to boot?

Network connection should not be required. You can try re-burning the OS image. Image files available here:

http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pine_A6...re_Release

Note that LCD Touchscreen and HDMI connection methods require different OS images.
I've built computers from the ground up for the past twenty-five years, but I guess I'm getting in over my head here. I feel like a complete idiot.

What's the difference between DD and Rooted DD images? And how do I flash the image to the microSD? Sad
(06-17-2016, 03:05 AM)editfish Wrote: I've built computers from the ground up for the past twenty-five years, but I guess I'm getting in over my head here.  I feel like a complete idiot.

What's the difference between DD and Rooted DD images?  And how do I flash the image to the microSD?  Sad

DD images refer to the mode of burning the cards (to set it apart from images that use phoenix card). 
Rooted images give you root privileges, so you can do things you otherwise couldn't on droid. 

If you are on windows then use win32imager to burn dd images to your sd card; if you are on nix then use the terminal or something like 'disks'. 

If you need more help, or a walk through, then join IRC (sig) - its more time efficient for this sort of stuff
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(06-16-2016, 07:14 AM)Ghost Wrote:
(06-16-2016, 07:13 AM)editfish Wrote:

Network connection should not be required. You can try re-burning the OS image. Image files available here:

http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pine_A6...re_Release

Note that LCD Touchscreen and HDMI connection methods require different OS images.

So I have my Pine working - pretty well, actually, while hooked up to my TV.  I've been trying to get it to work with the 7" touchscreen I ordered at the same time with no luck.  Poking around here on the forum I come across your statement above - that the two screens require different OSs.  I can live with that until some method or OS that allows either to be used interchangably.  I got the 64Gb card with Android already installed / flashed, is there a way to have multiple OSs on the same card so that I can use whichever I'd like?  Is there a way to do this while maintaining other settings and files?

Thanks for anyone's thoughts on this.

Whoops - checked out the Android Touchscreen/HDMI thread (Severian) and found the answers there!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boot Ox64 after SPI Flash IC replacement kotnitro 1 1,056 05-26-2023, 02:19 AM
Last Post: kotnitro
  Star64 first boot (and success) bortzmeyer 1 1,489 05-24-2023, 02:45 AM
Last Post: draintroup
Exclamation Quartz64 model a wont boot AndyNZAUS 0 1,484 09-13-2022, 06:35 AM
Last Post: AndyNZAUS
  Maximum size of boot MicroSD for RockPro64 and Pinebook Pro commiecam 0 1,644 08-07-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: commiecam
  How to boot from SD card on pinebook pro linux123 3 5,949 12-02-2020, 10:29 AM
Last Post: linux123
Lightbulb Live boot with persistence? r00tn3rd 1 3,173 10-23-2020, 01:30 AM
Last Post: HotChocolate
  Occasional boot toiny 0 2,100 10-18-2020, 01:41 PM
Last Post: toiny
  SD Card boot - trying out OS Baconomics 1 4,286 06-19-2020, 06:58 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  How to boot from the SD card and install to eMMC? ravanh 2 6,365 03-18-2020, 09:42 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  Pine HDMI -> DVI monitor Pineapple 4 7,644 09-10-2019, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Pineapple