Appimage
Running Manjaro KDE on pinebook pro, yet to be successful having an appimage run. Am I missing a prerequisite that I need? The only info I seem to see on searches is to change permissions on the file and it magically runs - not…..
I don't use Appimages too much, but I had the impression that they were x86/64 specific. Or at least mostly.
(05-19-2021, 05:35 PM)theboz1@verizon.net Wrote: Running Manjaro KDE on pinebook pro, yet to be successful having an appimage run. Am I missing a prerequisite that I need? The only info I seem to see on searches is to change permissions on the file and it magically runs - not…..

Most AppImage files that I've seen have an architecture code in its name, e.g. x86_64 for 64-bit x86 processors or i386 for 32-bit x86 processors. While I haven't (yet) seen in practice AppImage files for any of armel/armhf/aarch64, if the one you have is for ARM platform you should see a corresponding architecture code in its file name.

If there is no architecture code in the file's name then you can run `file` on it. You should see something like this:

PHP Code:
file smtk2ssrf-4.9.0-x86_64.AppImage
smtk2ssrf
-4.9.0-x86_64.AppImageELF 64-bit LSB executablex86-64version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linkedinterpreter /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2, for GNU/Linux 2.6.18stripped 

If you see that `ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64...` that means it is for 64-bit x86 processors and to launch it on PBP you'd need something like qemu-user and (optionally) qemu-user-binfmt. Or at least that's what the packages are called on Debian, they might be packaged and named differently on Manjaro. But fair warning - it will probably run extremely slow since it will emulate x86-64 on aarch64. If you see though something like `ELF 64-bit LSB executable, ARM aarch64...` then you might wanna talk to whoever created that AppImage file to find out why it's not working.
This message was created with 100% recycled electrons

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Standard Notes ARM Build (appimage, deb) mds08011 0 1,347 07-30-2021, 01:34 PM
Last Post: mds08011