Lazarus/fpc package for PinePhone
Hiya guys

Do we have a working Lazarus package for pinephone, somewhere? any of You checked it maybe ? if we have one , is it in usable state?

( still waiting for my phone so i dunno where packsages can be found in each os, otherwise i would not ask )

Wysłane z mojego CLT-L29 przy użyciu Tapatalka
Well... it should work. It works on the pinetab but I doubt it would be usable on pinephone due to screen estate unless you plan using it in docked mode on a big screen.
Laazarus opens up different windows while phosh and plasma display (as per design) only the main window in full screen, unless docked

Basically you should be able to run all lmain inux packages but you have to consider the screen size limits. You can use Gimp or Krita or Lazarus but their windows won't fit the screen.
In other OS designed for mobile, the apps need to adapt to the form factor. In Linux that's new and developers need to adapt themselves to that paradigm because they never had to consider it.
Excellent. Thank You for information. Yes i'll be using it in docked version (ide)

I have a principal question, how it is intended to develop, on the device with all installed IDEs on it: Qt, Lazarus, etc... or on separate desktop development environment, same Manjaro and Plasma-mobile, to can develop and test what is possible on it, without the device, for not specific hardware dependent features?
AFAIK on Lazarus you have to care only about source. The FPC compiler should take care of the rest choosing the appropriate widget set. I use it to code on Linux and building apps on windows work machine since it's quite easy to port. I just have to define some conditional flag, usually for file path but the rest works out of the box. Keep in mind that Lazarus it's not optimized for mobile apps. There are better alternatives just like libhandy (gnome) and kirigami (qt) for mobile apps but I don't think there are units (inc files) for lazarus
Seems that alpine linux / postmarketos repos doesnt have fpc nor lazarus packages. they doesnt exist or my search abilities sucks? Smile

You can follow this
https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/Pinebook_Pr...on_Manjaro

This was written for PBP but it works for PP too
If I remember in the wiki there's a missing dependency for qt5pas if you're on plasma

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone - boot from microSD laserpyramid 5 299 03-06-2024, 06:37 PM
Last Post: aular
  Are you using the Pinephone as your daily driver? jro 157 105,129 02-18-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: aular
  2020 PinePhone Manjaro CE EU for sale, name your price astrojuanlu 7 1,524 02-14-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: astrojuanlu
  pinephone is not bootble for the box. ijij 1 461 01-19-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Multiple issues with the Pinephone MTXP 12 1,938 12-28-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: MTXP
  pinephone repair shop shengchieh 0 383 12-26-2023, 02:42 PM
Last Post: shengchieh
  sudo nano file saving pinephone beta edition CharlesGnarley 4 1,479 12-22-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Can't get Mobian on PinePhone to recognise USB-C docking bar duncan_bayne 9 6,603 12-04-2023, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  Pinephone not booting, always vibrating alexander12 7 4,668 11-22-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Scary Guy
  Pinephone on Verizon chachi 3 992 10-09-2023, 11:26 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma