Is there a priority list for features/ bugs, that have to be implemented/ fixed?
(05-15-2021, 06:59 PM)stamat Wrote: 8. But with high priority: If Pinephone does not charge, the display quickly flickers few times and then sleeps/ locks, and after unlock it flickers and then locks again - in order to can use the device the charger must be pluged in!
---
The observations continue:
Although, the phone can not be used at all if it is not charging (the USB-C is not plugged in the phone to charge it), because when the phone is on the charged battery the display flickers, stays dark and locks, and after unlock - the process is repeated endlessly, I unplugged the charger and turned off the phone for a night, tomorrow I turned on the phone and after a block and restart, the process repeated few times, BUT after that the phone is responsible and usable!
The first that take place in my mind is that the word is for some electromagnetic discharge during the night accumulated during the charging.

(05-14-2021, 08:32 AM)wizardofthemodem Wrote:
(05-14-2021, 08:00 AM)stamat Wrote:
Hi, guys,
I've just received my Pinephone and found that:
1. it is not recognizing Sim card contacts (exported to Sim from a FirefoxOS phone and recognized by an Android 8.1.0 tablet - already read about few problems relating to that in this forum;
2. display properties set to Sleep = 10min and Turn off = 15min, cause the phone display to sleep on every second, and it was hard to set it to = Never and = Never, to can do any work with the device... With Never-Never the phone display is alway ON;
3. not succeeding to transfer a file from the FirefoxOS phone to Pinephone via Bluetooth but to the Android 8.1.0 tablet it is OK. The file, that I tried to transfer is the .vcf file with the Sim card contacts;
4. Now, an Update (324) is available, and I am trying to update for second time, because I am not sure what happens the first time...
5. Some apps found on the Pinephone device, which are there, but do not do any work, actually do not work.
That's for the moment.
Best Regards

I have a few that bother me.

spacebar the text messaging app requires the country code saved in the address book or your text messages won't get labeled correctly. You will send to one address without a country code. They will get it but when they reply it will be in another thread. Should be easy enough to fix, I have not gotten it to compile though.

keyboard input doesn't really work on progressive webapps. websites you save to the homescreen. So you cant use it interactively.

Plenty of other bugs with phone + addressbook+ messenger. Really needs these basic things to work. I can ditch my android if I can make calls and text.

Battery status is a shit show. It's jumps all over the place.

-> What I found as a kind of workaround here is to import already exported contacts as .vcf file in Phonebook app, to search in it, tap on the find and OFTEN the contact is called, BUT missing calls are not logged/ registered!
I found and other workarounds, which on their side, are suggesting how the problems could be fixed.
(05-15-2021, 06:59 PM)stamat Wrote: 8. But with high priority: If Pinephone does not charge, the display quickly flickers few times and then sleeps/ locks, and after unlock it flickers and then locks again - in order to can use the device the charger must be pluged in!
Have you ever tried to search the forum here? There is a special topic on this issue:
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=13744
and several other posts about it. As said earlier, the bug is fixed now for new users, but if you have altered the settings before that, the changes need to be redone by manually editing the corresponding file...
(05-17-2021, 03:23 AM)acrux Wrote:
Have you ever tried to search the forum here? There is a special topic on this issue:
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=13744
and several other posts about it. As said earlier, the bug is fixed now for new users, but if you have altered the settings before that, the changes need to be redone by manually editing the corresponding file...

->Thank you, acrux, I searched, but found early days problems with the Pine64 products relating to that as hardware problems, BUT I applied the suggested configuration in the config file and now it seems that it works - the problem is fixed. Thank you again, that you are surfing around and help.
9. Battery discharges too fast: 20%/6h, has to be charged every day even the device is not used (I am never have so fast discharging new device).
10. REGRESSION after the last upgrade: impossibility to make a call! It is not possible any more to do a call through Phone book app! It is not possible to do a call and through Phone app: not from the contacts, not from the history, not from the dialer - "Unable to make a call at this moment"!
I had found a working workaround by using the audio profiles: the Default profile is set to use Internal speaker - to can hear the internal calls, after the call acceptance the profile is automaticaly switched to Phone call profile set to use Internal earpiece, with this logic the speaker red button in a call should be connected to Phone call profile and to switch from Internal earpiece to Internal speaker...
After the call end the audio profile does not switch from Phone call to Default automatically (but this is an old observation and might all the cases are not handled properly: who is initiating and ending the calls, often the pinephone side does not understand that the call is ended and the app call window with the red button stay opened even that the call is ended from the other side and this break the proper audio profile switching/ finalizing etc. Also found that after call and conversation initiated from the other side and call end the Phone call profile Internal earpiece is set to 0%, which raised many impossibilities...
Why the setting are constantly changing: the audio I/0 values, the display brightness...
Why is this regression, do not tell me that the system development of this device use Continues Integration and Agile Methodologies and I will throw the phone in the trash!!!
Have you read the red note at the PinePhone description page, especially the first point there:
Beta Limited Edition PinePhones are aimed solely at early adopters. More specifically, only intend for these units to find their way into the hands of users with extensive Linux experience.
So - maybe the PinePhone is just not for you. Wink Do not throw it away - sell it to somebody to whom it is aimed Smile
BTW - I can not confirm the problems you have. Just updated and made some test calls Wink
It could be, that the changed settings have somehow messed up the system. If you decide to continue, then I'd suggest to perform a fresh install of Plasma Mobile and start again Smile
(05-22-2021, 05:26 AM)acrux Wrote: Have you read the red note at the PinePhone description page, especially the first point there:
Beta Limited Edition PinePhones are aimed solely at early adopters. More specifically, only intend for these units to find their way into the hands of users with extensive Linux experience.
So - maybe the PinePhone is just not for you. Wink Do not throw it away - sell it to somebody to whom it is aimed Smile
BTW - I can not confirm the problems you have. Just updated and made some test calls Wink
It could be, that the changed settings have somehow messed up the system. If you decide to continue, then I'd suggest to perform a fresh install of Plasma Mobile and start again Smile

@acrux, the issues I am reporting relate to my development experience in the point of the development organization not the developers' work and if the proccess of the development is Agile with "extensive CI experience" this project is born dead by default! Smile The regression I am observing kindly seems coming from the process, I am read the guidance, but did you read all the workarounds I already did..., because they not just make some required and important features to work some how, otherwise they not work at all - like phone calls for a phone device, but also describe my understandings for the features' design and functioning and in these in mind suggest how the issues to be fixed.
Why is this regression, do not tell me that the system development of this device use Continues Integration and Agile Methodologies and I will throw the phone in the trash!!! - Where did you see the developers' work here, it's the organization, the process?!  Wink
But you could help me with some link or doc, or video guideing how the development environment for pinephone to be set, it is impotrant, but I did not find any instructions!  Smile
To above REGRESSION - I stopped receiving SMSes - Throw that Agile and CI if you love this project - why do you think I know that you are using these "methodologies"... I have 10+ years of intensive and extensive research and experience over that!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Modem white list aular 7 648 02-13-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: aular
  postmarketOS fixed battery issues Deadladyofclowntown 1 1,481 06-23-2022, 02:44 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  List of Pinephone browsers Gamey 17 17,507 05-05-2022, 06:37 AM
Last Post: allworlds
  list of linux native apps/softwares for pinephone on the wiki alexandre 7 7,166 10-26-2021, 11:56 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Vcard contact list? czgunner 3 4,087 03-12-2021, 01:17 PM
Last Post: czgunner
  Something that really bugs me in Phosh... mattpenn 1 2,121 02-08-2021, 08:38 PM
Last Post: The3DmaN
  pinephone not on list of non-verizon kbdeamon 5 8,182 08-21-2020, 03:02 PM
Last Post: plainenough
  Next Pinephone Wish List and BraveHeart Feedback Starlord 0 2,019 02-22-2020, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Starlord