[driver dev] SDMMC , not behaving
Hi

We are working on a SDMMC driver for RISC OS.

On my Pinebook Pro I get unexpected behavior , writing to card fails (CRC errors) , using internal dma IDMAC.
I don't know if it relates , but when trying out several linux distros, only debian worked. The default
installation on eMMC did work just fine.

So I like to know if this is a known issue on some PBP's or if it is a pure software issue.

Michael
Please, have a look at this forum thread, which describes a possibly related issue I've come across.  I haven't managed to get to the bottom of it (yet), but it looks like a software issue to me, possibly caused by not supplying enough current to the card.

By the way, what brand and model of microSD card did you use?  Did you test the card on Manjaro ARM?
Thanks for the pointer. A very useful thread! The problem varies with different cards.
I will post in the mentioned thread.
Please, provide as much detail as possible. There's something weird going on, and we'll get to the bottom of it. Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Article: Build a Linux Driver for PineDio LoRa SX1262 USB Adapter lupyuen 3 3,005 05-26-2022, 11:09 PM
Last Post: lupyuen
  My Experience Using the Pinebook Pro as a Daily Driver warpnow 9 8,700 06-22-2021, 02:30 PM
Last Post: moonwalkers
  Keyboard or driver errors - transpositions & multiple chars marawuti 0 1,660 08-18-2020, 10:29 PM
Last Post: marawuti
  Sound driver 32bit sample format not working, some freezes and crashes through ALSA aeGh7fae 0 2,245 01-28-2020, 10:16 AM
Last Post: aeGh7fae