Are you using the Pinephone as your daily driver?
(03-12-2023, 07:14 PM)xavi92 Wrote: According to https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/mesa, the upgrade for mesa is blocked because of llvm-toolchain-15. However, according to https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/llvm-toolchain-15, it looks like new versions of llvm-toolchain-15 are being accepted into unstable, so maybe mesa will be unblocked soon.
Ah, that would be awsome - Thanks for the update! Smile
Using encrypted Mobian (bookworm) on pmOS CE Convergence PinePhone (3GB/32GB) as Daily Driver, and Beta Edition Convergence PinePhone (3GB/32GB) with encrypted Mobian (bookworm) as Backup device.
Do you use the Pinephone as your daily driver?
NO! Only because Bluetoooth Handsfree IS NOT WORKING ON ANY DISTRO!!!!
if only bluetooth is working it will be a perfect phone, but bluetooth is NOT working!
(07-20-2023, 03:58 PM)alabasha Wrote: Do you use the Pinephone as your daily driver?
NO! Only because Bluetoooth Handsfree IS NOT WORKING ON ANY DISTRO!!!!
if only bluetooth is working it will be a perfect phone, but bluetooth is NOT working!

Yes, I thought that would be a feature I could not live without as well. Then I bought a cheap wired headset, which works fine. Maybe not as convenient as Bluetooth, but an acceptable workaround IMO. YMMV, of course.

Also, I am pretty sure they have been working on it. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me to see it pop up sooner rather than later at this point. I just haven't checked in on that issue in a while.
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).
What OS have you found that works best, with the Pine Phone?

I have the following requirements:
NECESSARY
Calls and Texts plus WiFi.

IMPORTANT (FOR ME)
Nextcloud
Podcast software
Plays MP3
Good browser

NICE TO HAVE
Works with an external monitor

Amongst others, I have tried the following OSs, over the last 12 months

Manjaro
Didn't get on with this. It was early on in my learning curve.

UBTouch Ubuntu 16.04
I bought a PinePhone because I was used to UBTouch on a Nexus5 where it worked very well and I thought my Nexus5 was failing. UBTouch has many problems on the PPhone - essentially unusable.

Mobian
Probably the best of the OSs that I've tried so far but Nexcloud synchronisation was hit and miss plus I couldn't get podcast nor MP3 playing software to work.

Fedora Linux 38
Didn't get on with this - lost some calls and texts.

Postmarket OS Phosh
Just started using this (again). Looks good, so far. It feels like a complete Linux computer in a tiny shell.
PinePhone Beta 2GB/16GB Postmarket OS v23.06.1 Phosh 0.30.0 (not in use)

PineTab2 Arch Danctnix 6.4.2
After getting the update for mege kernal, what ever controles battery life, the last and newest update wether it is pacman or apt or whatever u use as package manger, the battery life has improved, even with wifi turned on. So far so good, maybe some hope for the community to pull out of the bins and blow the dust off and use again.
(11-29-2023, 11:37 AM)aular Wrote: After getting the update for mege kernal, what ever controles battery life, the last and newest update wether it is pacman or apt or whatever u use as package manger, the battery life has improved, even with wifi turned on. So far so good, maybe some hope for the community to pull out of the bins and blow the dust off and use again.

What OS are you using and have you carried out a firmware update?
Mine is away in a draw as it has proven unreliable, but always willing to try installing something new.
PinePhone Beta 2GB/16GB Postmarket OS v23.06.1 Phosh 0.30.0 (not in use)

PineTab2 Arch Danctnix 6.4.2
i dont know about what package manager everybody uses for there distro but i would say try it. no i didnt do a firmware update (technecally i dont know how and google tours or helps are not so reliable. if there was a step by step process on this forum that can help. i would be glad to do it. same way with installing bernjorks firmware) though it would help.I did know the battey life did improve a bit but we do need a crust update part 2. I know the og pinephone can do a heck of a lot more power management with a 3000mhz battery. If somebody created a wifi/bluetooth firmware custom edition like jorks modem that can lower power management, that would aslo help to.
(02-18-2024, 09:27 PM)Preethi Wrote:
(11-29-2023, 11:37 AM)aular Wrote: After getting the update for mege kernal, what ever controles battery life, the last and newest update wether it is pacman or apt or whatever u use as package manger, the battery life has improved, even with wifi turned on. So far so good, maybe some hope for the community to pull out of the bins and blow the dust off and use again.

That's fantastic news! It's great to hear that the latest kernel update, along with the newest package manager update, has improved battery life—even with WiFi on. Here's to a brighter future for the community!

I still think it would be better for Pine to use a better low power chipset from mediatek or somebody else that does extreamly low power and saves battery life for the next pinephone, even if the battery life sucks at first at least it will give hope for the community to create great battery life later on to use as a daily driver.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone - boot from microSD laserpyramid 5 306 03-06-2024, 06:37 PM
Last Post: aular
  2020 PinePhone Manjaro CE EU for sale, name your price astrojuanlu 7 1,525 02-14-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: astrojuanlu
  pinephone is not bootble for the box. ijij 1 464 01-19-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Multiple issues with the Pinephone MTXP 12 1,940 12-28-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: MTXP
  pinephone repair shop shengchieh 0 384 12-26-2023, 02:42 PM
Last Post: shengchieh
  sudo nano file saving pinephone beta edition CharlesGnarley 4 1,480 12-22-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Can't get Mobian on PinePhone to recognise USB-C docking bar duncan_bayne 9 6,608 12-04-2023, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  Pinephone not booting, always vibrating alexander12 7 4,671 11-22-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Scary Guy
  Pinephone on Verizon chachi 3 993 10-09-2023, 11:26 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  pinephone with lte-m chip and volte zetabeta 0 611 10-02-2023, 05:42 AM
Last Post: zetabeta