How to turn it off/sleep
This may sound like a silly question, but I can't figure out how to turn the pine phone beta off!

A short press on the power button blanks the screen but doesn't seem to be a proper sleep mode, in that battery drain continues apace - flat from fully charged in 6 hours, same as if it was on and being used. (as an aside is 6 hrs battery life typical?)

A (very) long press on the power button does seem to force an immediate shut-down (like disconnecting the battery would), but it is not a graceful power down, more of a crash and when you turn it on again it seems to take at least three or four soft reboots before it is stable - it self reboots continuously every few seconds after the screen wakes up and eventually might wake up or you might have to do another forced shut-down.

I haven't added anything to mine yet, so it is the default factory config, except it did propose a system update, which I accepted, when first powered on.

Does this sound like something is wrong? (it does to me). How can I get it (back?) into a more usable state?

What is the correct procedure for sleep and power off?
I guess it depends much on the OS you're running, and yes, 6hrs battery is quite normal ;( PinePhone is rather power hungry.
Code:
systemctl suspend

Should help until the power management features come along.

Cheers!
What OS are you using?

In Phosh, the Power OFF is in the pull down from the top. (Single tap, DO NOT swipe down, to get the menu)
In Phosh, there are settings for power save.
I have found about 6 hours of battery life is normal. The battery will last overnight with little drain because it will turn EVERYTHING off.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

systemctl suspend. Cool. I turn auto updates off to save battery life as well. The hard part is making sure the darn thing isn't in airplane mode. what a pita to discover you can't recv calls. That's the only reason I bought it. Of all the phones I've ever owned I doubt I've used airplane mode even twice. Tap the notification bar and then the power button in corner. Voila

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Pinephone pro does not turn on and installation of the OS Alexander27 1 665 09-25-2023, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  No longer waking up from sleep after recent update gamerminstrel 2 1,210 01-23-2023, 08:33 AM
Last Post: gamerminstrel
  Pine phone CPU sleep katesfb 3 2,705 09-09-2021, 06:57 PM
Last Post: NW_Dev