Mainboard replacement does not boot/charge
Hello everyone,

I got this week the Pinephone mainboard replacement (this item) and tried to set it up this afternoon. But once installed, following the instructions in the video, nothing happens at all : it doesn't boot when I push the power button, and the status led doesn't go red when I plug the charger.

I thought I made a mistake during the installation, or that I broke something, so I put the ubports mainboard back in place to test the components: the phone booted and everything seemed fine.

I set the replacement mainboard up again: same issues, the phone doesn't boot or charge.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
(05-01-2021, 02:14 PM)boarf Wrote: Hello everyone,

I got this week the Pinephone mainboard replacement (this item) and tried to set it up this afternoon. But once installed, following the instructions in the video, nothing happens at all : it doesn't boot when I push the power button, and the status led doesn't go red when I plug the charger.

I thought I made a mistake during the installation, or that I broke something, so I put the ubports mainboard back in place to test the components: the phone booted and everything seemed fine.

I set the replacement mainboard up again: same issues, the phone doesn't boot or charge.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Your link gave me a 404 not found. Not sure on the video you followed but did you try flashing an OS (it doesn't come with an OS)? I bought my 3gb upgrade board the other week, reflashed fresh OS to emmc and have had no issues.
- RTP

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, in the expert's mind there are few." -Shunryu Suzuki

[ Pinephone Original | Pinetab v1 / v2 Enjoyer ]

Linux Device Privacy / Security Playlist

The link was to the pine64 offer for a mainboard replacement for braveheart/ubports owners, but it's just the standard 3GB/32GB mainboard.

And yes, you're right, I just followed the steps in the item page in the pine store, but they actually were incomplete: I should have read the wiki first! So basically:
  • mainboard come without preloaded system, even the factory testing image (I thought it had the factory image)
  • the usb firmware must be updated.
So, my bad, I should better read the f. manual. Undecided

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinephone refusing to charge while suspended tiol 1 1,032 04-02-2024, 10:54 AM
Last Post: joH_N_Doe64
  power circuit can't charge battery and can't supply enough power for modem or wifi vortex 2 491 02-17-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: vortex
  Replacement screen disconnects after back frame is screwed on robthebold 4 1,277 10-12-2023, 01:03 PM
Last Post: robthebold
  PinePhone constantly vibrating and won't take charge ImmyChan 5 5,355 07-23-2023, 03:49 PM
Last Post: kb-zealot
  PinePhone Beta dead - no boot-related output on serial interface horalocal 1 1,312 02-15-2023, 11:21 AM
Last Post: fxc
  PinePhone Beta Edition will not boot from MicroSD card Timothy_Ecc 27 23,712 01-29-2023, 12:20 PM
Last Post: skandigraun
  Screen Replacement Instructions erikkugel 4 3,089 09-07-2022, 11:04 PM
Last Post: RTP
  Microphone replacement SocialNetworkingWasAMistake 1 1,518 08-05-2022, 03:16 PM
Last Post: calinb
  Pinephone won't boot from SD card arkadione 3 3,392 05-25-2022, 03:26 PM
Last Post: sfb
  How to charge with 3 ampere / 5 volt / 15 watts? lacriz 3 2,478 03-10-2022, 11:09 AM
Last Post: biketool