Estimated stock
Hi

First I want to apologize if this has been answered.  I have been looking at the website and the forums but I can't seem to find the answer.
It's a while since I'm seeing there's stock for the PBP but with ANSI keyboard. I'd like to buy a new PBP but with ISO layout.

Do we have an estimated date for stock of the PBP but with the ISO keyboard?

Thanks
Question 
I'm curious too.
I haven't been following real well, but I can say this: There is never "stock", the Pinebook Pro is always "sold out". That is, there are periodic production runs, and prior to each production run there is a round of pre-ordering. I haven't paid real close attention to recent rounds. But I do recall ISO models being available for pre-order in a recent round. It doesn't seem like there are any available for pre-order currently. You may have to wait for the next round, which according to the latest community update is very much unplanned at the present time. And the price may go up significantly.

Perhaps @Luke can weigh in if the store is correct and there are none available for pre-order now.

If this is true, it may be in your best interest to order an ANSI model and convert it to ISO yourself. But do check to see if the ISO keyboard and palmrest are currently available. (I apologise, I am in limited time or I would look it up in the store).
(04-27-2021, 04:44 PM)KC9UDX Wrote: I haven't been following real well, but I can say this: There is never "stock", the Pinebook Pro is always "sold out".  That is, there are periodic production runs, and prior to each production run there is a round of pre-ordering.  I haven't paid real close attention to recent rounds.  But I do recall ISO models being available for pre-order in a recent round.  It doesn't seem like there are any available for pre-order currently.  You may have to wait for the next round, which according to the latest community update is very much unplanned at the present time.  And the price may go up significantly.

Perhaps @Luke  can weigh in if the store is correct and there are none available for pre-order now.

If this is true, it may be in your best interest to order an ANSI model and convert it to ISO yourself.  But do check to see if the ISO keyboard and palmrest are currently available.  (I apologise, I am in limited time or I would look it up in the store).

Thank you so much for the answer   Cool
What @KC9UDX is correct - the big devices are produced in production-runs/ batches and shipped when completed.
As for ISO PBP availability - as most tech enthusiasts already know, the manufacturing situation is currently pretty dire, and the ANSI variant is much more popular. To be precise, the ratio is approx 10:1. Given that we have rather limited resources to work with in the first place, ANSI PBPs will likely be produced throughout 2021 (mind you, this is my guess), since it is unlikely that manufacturing circumstances will improve this year.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(04-28-2021, 06:47 AM)Luke Wrote: What @KC9UDX is correct - the big devices are produced in production-runs/ batches and shipped when completed.
As for ISO PBP availability - as most tech enthusiasts already know, the manufacturing situation is currently pretty dire, and the ANSI variant is much more popular. To be precise, the ratio is approx 10:1. Given that we have rather limited resources to work with in the first place, ANSI PBPs will likely be produced throughout 2021 (mind you, this is my guess), since it is unlikely that manufacturing circumstances will improve this year.

Main problem is that ANSI keyboard is a problem for those of us that need the ISO layout because of the extra key for non-english localization.
Thank you so much for the answer Luke.
This is another one of the areas where the Amiga excels, and such innovation was lost to the cheap AT clones we've all come to know.

I sure miss the ability to type "foreign" characters on an ANSI keyboard.
Control +shift + u + nnnn ,,unicode in hex,,
sometimes (rarely)control and shift have to be released before nnnn
Pound sign,,^-shft-u-a3....Usually 00 can be discarded, leading or trailing (00a3=pound)
£
I find it easier that that, to put so the symbols I'd use in a text file, and copy and paste them when needed. If I used any often enough, I'd assign them to keys.
Bumping this. Is there any new information on when the next production run will occur? I checked on the website and it appears stock is estimated to come back in Q1 2022. However, I’m worried that chips will be prioritized to be allocated to PPP over the PBP, meaning it could take even longer.

Does anyone have any insight on this?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Updated stock Manjaro, now won't boot (brick?) pineymousepad 17 10,731 02-18-2022, 02:29 PM
Last Post: jiyong
  Gimp makes stock Manjaro KDE/X11 crash stozi 3 4,134 04-21-2021, 08:15 AM
Last Post: stozi
  Pinebook Pro Out of stock nanardo 11 15,467 11-19-2020, 09:10 AM
Last Post: firefox-58
  Back in Stock? bblackburn007 2 3,794 02-19-2020, 05:58 PM
Last Post: Luke
  Out of stock... Will there be another batch? Schtromar 3 4,824 10-14-2019, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Schtromar
  PBP out of stock? bprentice77 1 2,924 10-01-2019, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Luke