? vpn or tor for mobian
hello
i would like get vpn or tor working. is there a way for an average user to do that?
Tor works - see here.
It's relatively painless to set up.
The steps generally will be:

Install Open VPN.

Download configs (.ovpn files) from your vpn provider based on where you want to connect. (protonvpn.com as a free option)

Import the .ovpn file(s). (as described in the link below)

Edit the file created by the import, so as to include your vpn login credentials (different from your vpn's website login creds.)

**Then you can just edit any network connection in Advanced Network Connections GUI to require one of the vpn files you just imported (under the General Tab)  **Instead of doing #4. & #5. in the link below**!

This is the best guide for mobian users:
https://wiki.mobian-project.org/doku.php...orking#vpn

Sidenote:
Advanced Network Conn. does not scale very well. 
use:
Code:
wlr-randr --output DSI-1 --scale 1

and/or
Code:
wlr-randr --output DSI-1 --scale 2

to scale your display if the app doesn't scale easily. (or do step #4&#5 in the wiki and skip using Advanced Network Conns.. app all together).

Cheers!
Could anyone here please link, or write a quick step by step guide to on how to install a VPN on mobian? Thanks!
(11-04-2021, 02:30 PM)tmp201 Wrote: Could anyone here please link, or write a quick step by step guide to on how to install a VPN on mobian? Thanks!

If you want more specific instructions than the ones provided above you'll have to be more specific about your requirements. What sort of VPN and for what purpose? For example I use wireguard to connect to my home network when I'm out, which has a very different configuration process to using OpenVPN to connect to a commercial provider.
(11-05-2021, 04:51 AM)wibble Wrote:
(11-04-2021, 02:30 PM)tmp201 Wrote: Could anyone here please link, or write a quick step by step guide to on how to install a VPN on mobian? Thanks!

If you want more specific instructions than the ones provided above you'll have to be more specific about your requirements. What sort of VPN and for what purpose? For example I use wireguard to connect to my home network when I'm out, which has a very different configuration process to using OpenVPN to connect to a commercial provider.

Hi sorry i lost my login.. I'm writing from here now. I can use the best security. Wireguard or openVPN. Which is the best one? please link some guide. Thanks!
(11-07-2021, 07:21 PM)74vscsa2uu Wrote:

Hi sorry i lost my login.. I'm writing from here now. I can use the best security. Wireguard or openVPN. Which is the best one? please link some guide. Thanks!

Which is best depends on what you're trying to do, which is why I asked for details. You are making it difficult for people to help you.
(11-08-2021, 04:11 AM)wibble Wrote:

Which is best depends on what you're trying to do, which is why I asked for details. You are making it difficult for people to help you.

Obviously the most secure in the year 1984..
Please link some good guide. Thanks! I advocate privacy as a human right.
A vpn is fine. I might use tor also just because companies and others wants everyones data...
What's best? Openvpn or wireguard? Which is the most secure of them two when it comes to a private vpn? With the word best i meant most secure of-course.. we are discussing a vpn..
(11-08-2021, 04:11 AM)wibble Wrote:

Could you help out? Step by step guide? Thanks for the help!
I did solve this on my own last time... So it worked good, and the VPN is always on.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can't get Mobian on PinePhone to recognise USB-C docking bar duncan_bayne 9 6,599 12-04-2023, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  Mobian PIN changed after update! Mwo87 21 16,968 12-02-2023, 11:53 PM
Last Post: Karrenbrady
  Cellular Data, Mobian - "No WWAN Adapter Found" justneedsomedatathanks 3 4,122 05-25-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: justneedsomedatathanks
  No sound after Mobian upgrade arbocenc 1 692 11-28-2022, 11:02 AM
Last Post: arbocenc
Exclamation No wIfI after Mobian update crakabeats 3 2,002 11-03-2022, 04:16 AM
Last Post: wifinoworkie
  pinephone-support package not upgradable on Mobian fhireman 4 2,207 09-24-2022, 08:01 AM
Last Post: dante404
  PinePhone running Mobian - Malware extraction? names_fold 1 1,575 01-24-2022, 12:00 PM
Last Post: tophneal
  Mobian updates for phosh steves 2 1,993 01-17-2022, 02:18 AM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Assists for running Mobian my PinePhone gilwood 0 1,558 01-01-2022, 04:38 PM
Last Post: gilwood
  Just reflashed to latest mobian, it never asked for disk encryption? JuniperFury 3 2,139 10-18-2021, 10:24 AM
Last Post: JuniperFury