Video Editing Is Possible On The PineBook Pro!
Experimenting with Kdenlive on the PineBook Pro seemed to suggest that editing on the PineBook Pro is totally doable, especially more basic editing

https://youtu.be/_E1TkpVeqEU
Considering that I still use a 25MHz Amiga 2000, this doesn't surprise me. But I appreciate it nonetheless. Smile
@KC9UDX, do you also have a Video Toaster from NewTek? Smile
(04-01-2021, 08:01 AM)dsimic Wrote: @KC9UDX, do you also have a Video Toaster from NewTek? Smile

Several, actually. Big Grin
Simply amazing, it still works! Smile  Perhaps a bit noisy, Smile but it works.  By the way, is it a PC XT on the top?

Not everything is in having more than half a dozen of CPU cores runing at over a few GHz, and having dozens of gigabytes of RAM.  Those Amigas (and even C-64s) did small miracles with very limited hardware resources.
Well it took a long time to get it working. I could replace that noisy RAID array with an SD card. But then what would I do with that RAID array?

That case was an XT clone, which clumsily houses Flyer drives. I never get round to replacing it with something better. It's still big, clunky, clumsy, and annoying, and in use, albeit not as neatly as shown there.
To me, it doesn't matter at all that it is clunky, clumsy, noisy, could be replaced with a single SD card, etc.  The fact  that it's complete and in working order makes it simply awesome.  As such, it's a true museum piece that should be preserved for the future generations.
I mean the XT clone though. It's going to get replaced one of these days but I've been saying that for decades. The difference now is that it might be worth giving to someone else in stead of "recycling" it. The rest of it isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

It's actually dangerous for the drives installed as they are mounted in foam in stead of being screwed in place. One of these days...
Yeah, HDDs are designed to be rigidly mounted.  The mass of the entire computer or the enclosure needs to fight the inertia caused by the movement of the drive heads.  That's why canceling the HDD vibrations in modern PC cases, using rubber mounts, is actually a bad thing for the drives.
I study fashion and marketing, and many of my projects involve creating videos. I used a PineBook Pro initially, but it often lagged, especially during crucial moments. For example, I nearly finished a 2-week assignment, and while trying to combine videos, the entire project got wiped out on the Movavi app. I initially blamed the app, but after switching to a MacBook, I realized the issue was with my old device. Movavi works flawlessly on the Mac, and I haven't faced any problems since.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinebook Pro Initial Impressions kunger 443 584,657 04-16-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  looking to buy one pinebook pro (mainland China) duanduan 3 2,237 03-21-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: wangyukunshan
  Cellular module for Pinebook Pro Lotech 1 375 03-05-2024, 05:40 AM
  Screen on pinebook stays black but can ssh into machine tuxxpine 0 279 02-23-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: tuxxpine
  Sale my ANSI PineBook Pro cuthbertdavies 0 270 02-14-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: cuthbertdavies
  Compiling with -j6 on the Pinebook Pro (Overheat) KC9UDX 0 205 02-14-2024, 09:01 AM
  Pinebook Pro in EU for Sale - €90 jan_vdk 2 634 02-07-2024, 02:12 AM
Last Post: 23Ro
  Pinebook Pro for sale tomekdev 2 705 02-01-2024, 11:35 AM
Last Post: tomekdev
  Video Flashing/adjusting on boot and reboot jbradley419 0 274 01-16-2024, 09:17 AM
Last Post: jbradley419
  Brand new Pinebook Pro doesn't boot after Manjaro update johnboiles 8 2,169 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM
Last Post: wdt