UX/UI idea
Big Grin 
Hi, I have been long watching this product and waiting, and like many was glad someone finally chose the smartest choices to make it easy for developers AND users.  KDE + Manjaro is brilliant!

My UX/UI idea is mostly an idea about how to arrange a mobile phone screen so that it is just like using a computer.
I want to actually like using a mobile device, in the way i like using my computer.  If it was structured the same way, it would help it be more intuitive.

I hope it is clear.  This is a mockup, but the circles are 72px, spaced 20px apart.  I chose this for accessibility reasons, but of course users could decrease the sizes and fit more circles, as well.
Light grey represents your ~/Desktop.  This is handled by any file manager that handles it.
The top and bottom panels are again, any one that works.  The bottom panel would "Intellihide" and serve a purpose like many mobile phones but actually be useful, and let you use it like a computer, and add any other applets you like, etc.

Are there any filemanagers that currently support different sets of Desktop items per virtual desktop?
It would be really easy to implement for a mobile-only solution.  If it already has some sort of XDG standard, I apologize for not knowing Big Grin

Of course you could use a different configuration when the dock is plugged in.
It would be pretty easy for new users to figure out to push the big middle circle to find a program, even if they were inexperienced, it would be like the whole 'start' button thing.  Just make a nice big green Pinecone outline with an appgrid cutout Tongue
Anyhow, let me know if anyone is thinking along these same lines.
I think this would be better in the PinePhone's general discussion, moving...
--
Arwen Evenstar
Princess of Rivendale
(03-23-2021, 07:07 AM)Arwen Wrote: I think this would be better in the PinePhone's general discussion, moving...
Thanks!
(03-23-2021, 06:24 AM)israel Wrote: Hi, I have been long watching this product and waiting, and like many was glad someone finally chose the smartest choices to make it easy for developers AND users.  KDE + Manjaro is brilliant!

My UX/UI idea is mostly an idea about how to arrange a mobile phone screen so that it is just like using a computer.
I want to actually like using a mobile device, in the way i like using my computer.  If it was structured the same way, it would help it be more intuitive.

I hope it is clear.  This is a mockup, but the circles are 72px, spaced 20px apart.  I chose this for accessibility reasons, but of course users could decrease the sizes and fit more circles, as well.
Light grey represents your ~/Desktop.  This is handled by any file manager that handles it.
The top and bottom panels are again, any one that works.  The bottom panel would "Intellihide" and serve a purpose like many mobile phones but actually be useful, and let you use it like a computer, and add any other applets you like, etc.

Are there any filemanagers that currently support different sets of Desktop items per virtual desktop?
It would be really easy to implement for a mobile-only solution.  If it already has some sort of XDG standard, I apologize for not knowing Big Grin

Of course you could use a different configuration when the dock is plugged in.
It would be pretty easy for new users to figure out to push the big middle circle to find a program, even if they were inexperienced, it would be like the whole 'start' button thing.  Just make a nice big green Pinecone outline with an appgrid cutout Tongue
Anyhow, let me know if anyone is thinking along these same lines.
I think it would be nice if PlasmaMobile or Phosh had a way where you could apply themes that get this change applied but I don't think there's a way to do that currently.

You can always go to them directly and pitch your idea but these projects have processes for how things come to be so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Anyway, good luck to you.
(03-27-2021, 08:01 AM)thatrandomguy Wrote:
(03-23-2021, 06:24 AM)israel Wrote: ...
I think it would be nice if PlasmaMobile or Phosh had a way where you could apply themes that get this change applied but I don't think there's a way to do that currently.

You can always go to them directly and pitch your idea but these projects have processes for how things come to be so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Anyway, good luck to you.
Thanks, I think at any rate I will play around with window managers and all that when I get the new one.  The dock should make it easier to mess around with, since I will have the ability to plug in a keyboard.

Anyone know if LXQt can run on the phone?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pine company idea aular 9 1,614 12-07-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Getting the Idea to Stick! (Ideation Marketing) food 6 5,399 12-14-2020, 05:08 AM
Last Post: ryo