Pinephone UBPorts available. just cover shipping and make me the best offer
Hi I'm moving & getting rid of stuff. I have a spare pinephone UBports edition available to a good home. I'll mail it anywhere (I'm in Serbia right now), please just cover shipping and preferably add something extra, probably by Paypal or whatever. Serbia post is cheap, I've mailed much heavier things home to Canada for $30. I would just like to know that it isn't going to waste.
(03-09-2021, 01:00 PM)stozi Wrote: Hi I'm moving & getting rid of stuff. I have a spare pinephone UBports edition available to a good home. I'll mail it anywhere (I'm in Serbia right now), please just cover shipping and preferably add something extra, probably by Paypal or whatever. Serbia post is cheap, I've mailed much heavier things home to Canada for $30. I would just like to know that it isn't going to waste.

Hi! Just answered you in another thread before seeing you created this one. I'm willing to get it even though I was initially looking for the Mobian CE. What version of the PinePhone is this? UBPorts means Ubuntu Touch? Is the hardware equivalent to the CEs? I would be glad to pay you a decent price for it but it would have to be shipped to Paris and somehow would have to arrive there before the end of April (I have a friend coming from France to my country in early May).

Thanks!
(03-09-2021, 07:07 PM)alontra Wrote: Hi! Just answered you in another thread before seeing you created this one. I'm willing to get it even though I was initially looking for the Mobian CE. What version of the PinePhone is this? UBPorts means Ubuntu Touch? Is the hardware equivalent to the CEs?
Yes, UBports is the name of the project that manages Ubuntu Touch. The hardware is similar to the base community editions, 2GB/16GB, but it's a prior revision. You can check the Pine64 wiki (there's a dedicated Pinephone page) to see the differences between the hardware revisions.

It is quite straightforward to flash any other distro you like on the eMMC (internal storage). I personally flashed Mobian on my UBports CE Pinephone. You can also test other distros by flashing them to a microSD card. When booting, the Pinephone looks first for the microSD card.
(03-09-2021, 01:00 PM)stozi Wrote: Hi I'm moving & getting rid of stuff. I have a spare pinephone UBports edition available to a good home. I'll mail it anywhere (I'm in Serbia right now), please just cover shipping and preferably add something extra, probably by Paypal or whatever. Serbia post is cheap, I've mailed much heavier things home to Canada for $30. I would just like to know that it isn't going to waste.

I'm looking for an inexpensive development PinePhone, to perform tests of some hardware modifications and hardware fixes.

In particular, I'm going to try out a couple of hardware fixes for the infamous LCD backlight flicker issue; this post provides more details.  Of course, I'll publish detailed results of the tests, as well as detailed instructions for the actual hardware fix, for the benefit of the entire PinePhone community.

I've contacted you via a private message, with more details.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone - boot from microSD laserpyramid 5 299 03-06-2024, 06:37 PM
Last Post: aular
  Are you using the Pinephone as your daily driver? jro 157 105,107 02-18-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: aular
  2020 PinePhone Manjaro CE EU for sale, name your price astrojuanlu 7 1,524 02-14-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: astrojuanlu
  pinephone is not bootble for the box. ijij 1 461 01-19-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Multiple issues with the Pinephone MTXP 12 1,938 12-28-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: MTXP
  pinephone repair shop shengchieh 0 383 12-26-2023, 02:42 PM
Last Post: shengchieh
  sudo nano file saving pinephone beta edition CharlesGnarley 4 1,479 12-22-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Can't get Mobian on PinePhone to recognise USB-C docking bar duncan_bayne 9 6,602 12-04-2023, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  Pinephone not booting, always vibrating alexander12 7 4,668 11-22-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Scary Guy
  Pinephone on Verizon chachi 3 992 10-09-2023, 11:26 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma