Screen wakeup
Do you use the Touchscreen? I think this thread is about the Touchscreen that one could order for the Pine64.
Same here. LCD panel, 64gb build, nothing but the reset button will wake it up when it sleeps. Also, the red LED doesn't go off during "sleep". It's a known issue.

Unrelated, but why don't we have a green LED like the campaign boards? I'd like green when it's on (or blue would be awesome), and red only when it's on standby.
(09-10-2016, 08:51 AM)Chisel_86 Wrote: why don't we have a green LED like the campaign boards? I'd like green when it's on (or blue would be awesome), and red only when it's on standby.

The red LED (power) serves the single purpose of indicating whether there is voltage from the PMIC on DCDC1. ( see the schematic for details )

It would have been great to incorporate a three-way LED ; however, that would have driven the cost of the board unnecessarily high. 

The system LED ( it does not exist by default ) has been included for the purpose of providing additional signaling for bootup, and normal OS operations.  The system LED is PL7, GPIO359, and is not used for anything by default.  PL7 may be found on the header pins, also may be found on the board (holes) near the IR receiver port just to the left of the power button holes.

I have soldered pins on the board for jumper wires to run the system LED to the front of my ABS case. I use the LED to indicate boot sequence and normal OS operating conditions;  and the cool thing is, you can make it any color you like.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
(09-10-2016, 10:07 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:
(09-10-2016, 08:51 AM)Chisel_86 Wrote: why don't we have a green LED like the campaign boards? I'd like green when it's on (or blue would be awesome), and red only when it's on standby.

The red LED (power) serves the single purpose of indicating whether there is voltage from the PMIC on DCDC1. ( see the schematic for details )

It would have been great to incorporate a three-way LED ; however, that would have driven the cost of the board unnecessarily high. 

The system LED ( it does not exist by default ) has been included for the purpose of providing additional signaling for bootup, and normal OS operations.  The system LED is PL7, GPIO359, and is not used for anything by default.  PL7 may be found on the header pins, also may be found on the board (holes) near the IR receiver port just to the left of the power button holes.

I have soldered pins on the board for jumper wires to run the system LED to the front of my ABS case. I use the LED to indicate boot sequence and normal OS operating conditions;  and the cool thing is, you can make it any color you like.

some pictures or even video would be nice to see.
+1 me if I have helped you in any way. Thank you.
(09-10-2016, 11:31 AM)Bluphire Wrote:
(09-10-2016, 10:07 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:

I have soldered pins on the board for jumper wires to run the system LED to the front of my ABS case. I use the LED to indicate boot sequence and normal OS operating conditions;  and the cool thing is, you can make it any color you like.

some pictures or even video would be nice to see.

hi BluPhire, please review this entire thread; complete with pics and explanation:

http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=2096

marcus
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
Thanks that's pretty nice
Thank you, MHH77
+1 me if I have helped you in any way. Thank you.
(09-10-2016, 04:08 AM)pfeerick Wrote: Is that with the latest android image? I recently changed over to the 'Android 5.1.1 Image (HDMI Video Output) Release 20160711' image on the software release page (check my sig below) and the power button woke the display up for me. The previous build, possibly the 20160505 build, didn't wake the screen up for me either (although my power meter indicated the board did wake up from standby... just didn't trigger the display). 

Hi pfeerick!

People (and I) still face the "forever sleeping LCD" bug even by using the latest known Android 5.1.1 Image (LCD Panel Video Output) Release 20160603.
Do you know somebody who you could ask to find workaround and share here?
BTW, where can I see a list of all known bugs (bugtracker or so)?
I mean, it'd be good to know plans when it will be fixed, but it's more valuable to know if nobody is going to.
d;-)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  screen rotating Miguelito71 0 2,687 07-29-2019, 12:48 AM
Last Post: Miguelito71
  Youtube TV experience/ screen resolution issues gubaguba 0 1,978 02-22-2018, 09:12 AM
Last Post: gubaguba
  Android 6.0 How to turn the screen back on modsbyus 4 5,376 11-28-2017, 01:03 PM
Last Post: modsbyus
  Orange Screen All versions of Android TV XsoundXhoundX 17 22,171 05-19-2017, 01:27 AM
Last Post: Israeldelamo
  Touch not working with Android and touch screen erichardson30 5 9,972 09-13-2016, 11:12 AM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
  Can I rotate Screen Android 5.1.1 for LCD (not rooted) steveslim 4 7,873 09-04-2016, 09:35 PM
Last Post: steveslim
  What happened to the images for the7" touch screen? tanarri 1 3,780 08-29-2016, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Ghost
  Disable lock screen on Android 5.1 Blindstealer 0 1,830 07-27-2016, 04:26 AM
Last Post: Blindstealer
  Greenish Screen after0 2 3,814 06-27-2016, 07:53 PM
Last Post: after0
  AB Login screen when booting Android Ghost 0 1,984 06-16-2016, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Ghost