Screen wakeup
Well, I can't figure it out but has anyone got the screen wake up to work? My power button won't wake it up once the screen sleeps and i have no idea how to get the damned thing to wake up other than pull the power and restart it.

Edit: Power button turns the screen off, but not back on Big Grin
(06-10-2016, 03:02 PM)Danja Wrote: Well, I can't figure it out but has anyone got the screen wake up to work? My power button won't wake it up once the screen sleeps and i have no idea how to get the damned thing to wake up other than pull the power and restart it.

Please hold the power button few seconds and wait until the power red LED turn on, then release the button. This is Android smartphone way.
(06-10-2016, 05:57 PM)tllim Wrote:
(06-10-2016, 03:02 PM)Danja Wrote: Well, I can't figure it out but has anyone got the screen wake up to work? My power button won't wake it up once the screen sleeps and i have no idea how to get the damned thing to wake up other than pull the power and restart it.

Please hold the power button few seconds and wait until the power red LED turn on, then release the button. This is Android smartphone way.

The red LED never turns off! When I put the screen into "sleep" mode, the LED on the board stays lit and no combination of presses on the power button will wake the screen up, even though the board still has power.
(06-11-2016, 03:31 AM)Danja Wrote:

The red LED never turns off! When I put the screen into "sleep" mode, the LED on the board stays lit and no combination of presses on the power button will wake the screen up, even though the board still has power.

Sorry, I thought you are in standby mode. For screen wake up, I just hit any keyboard key and display will appear again.
(06-11-2016, 09:04 AM)tllim Wrote:
(06-11-2016, 03:31 AM)Danja Wrote:

Sorry, I thought you are in standby mode. For screen wake up, I just hit any keyboard key and display will appear again.

I'm using the airmouse/keyboard combo, and thinking that maybe the USB port with the wireless adapter in is getting put into standby or something? Doesn't matter what I press, it just stays screen off. I might try a wired usb keyboard and see if that will wake it up.  I'm using the 7" touchscreen btw not a HDMI screen , so our builds could be different?
Anyone else with a touchscreen had this?
Bump - Just incase anyone else has had this issue yet. I'm still suffering with the same problem.

Power button turns screen off, but won;t turn it back on.

Should I submit a bug report?
I have a the same problem with my touch screen, I had to search out this post. . .  I did not want to start another one.  With only the touchscreen plugged in, no air mouse or keyboard, JUST using it as anyone would use a tablet, if I let the screen time out, or if I short press the power button to turn off the screen there is NO WAY to turn it back on other then turning it all the way off then turning it all the way back on.  I am not sure if it is locking up,  or what, but the power button should turn the screen back on and it doesn't I will try with a wired keyboard and mouse to see if that solves the problem, but it really is SUB ideal for a tablet situation which is what I want to use one of my pines for when the case is available....   the screen doesn't hold the camera unfortunately the camera slot is to small on the screen... but that is not a deal breaker, but this inability to turn on screen is.

It appears that if I turn off the screen and turn it back on quickly within say a couple seconds it comes back on.  After five seconds ( I counted mississippi's) it goes off and stays off.  I can not turn it on with the keyboad, mouse, or power button.  Hitting reset will reboot the unit.
Little beats big when little is smart. First with the head, then with the heart.  P.K. ~Power of One~
Interesting, I came to the forum in search of a way to get the screen to turn of automatically instead of staying on all the time.
tried setting a time out, but it just dims the screen.
I also can't get Daydream going so I was a bit worried about screen burn in.

So after reading here that it can be done via the power button I tried shorting the power connector. (Don't have a switch there yet) And indeed, it is not possible to wake it up again, so I guess I will have to live with the fact that the screen is always on until that little bug is resolved.
(09-09-2016, 10:35 AM)eldaria Wrote: So after reading here that it can be done via the power button I tried shorting the power connector. (Don't have a switch there yet) And indeed, it is not possible to wake it up again, so I guess I will have to live with the fact that the screen is always on until that little bug is resolved.

Is that with the latest android image? I recently changed over to the 'Android 5.1.1 Image (HDMI Video Output) Release 20160711' image on the software release page (check my sig below) and the power button woke the display up for me. The previous build, possibly the 20160505 build, didn't wake the screen up for me either (although my power meter indicated the board did wake up from standby... just didn't trigger the display). 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  screen rotating Miguelito71 0 2,648 07-29-2019, 12:48 AM
Last Post: Miguelito71
  Youtube TV experience/ screen resolution issues gubaguba 0 1,941 02-22-2018, 09:12 AM
Last Post: gubaguba
  Android 6.0 How to turn the screen back on modsbyus 4 5,272 11-28-2017, 01:03 PM
Last Post: modsbyus
  Orange Screen All versions of Android TV XsoundXhoundX 17 21,770 05-19-2017, 01:27 AM
Last Post: Israeldelamo
  Touch not working with Android and touch screen erichardson30 5 9,795 09-13-2016, 11:12 AM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
  Can I rotate Screen Android 5.1.1 for LCD (not rooted) steveslim 4 7,761 09-04-2016, 09:35 PM
Last Post: steveslim
  What happened to the images for the7" touch screen? tanarri 1 3,729 08-29-2016, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Ghost
  Disable lock screen on Android 5.1 Blindstealer 0 1,806 07-27-2016, 04:26 AM
Last Post: Blindstealer
  Greenish Screen after0 2 3,757 06-27-2016, 07:53 PM
Last Post: after0
  AB Login screen when booting Android Ghost 0 1,959 06-16-2016, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Ghost