Plasma Mobile - no data connection
Just grabbed: Release 202102230241

I see it has gotten a connection to the cell provider by itself, but I am not getting a data connection.

Then looking at the settings, there is absolutely nothing in there at all do for manual settings.

What's going on with that?
I have to restart ofonoctl from time to time. That will probably fix your problem, too.
Check
Code:
ofonoctl wan
If there are details there and it says static, you should have a blank
Code:
ip route
and
Code:
ip a
wwan ip address and to get an ip address and correct default route for you wwan you need to run
Code:
sudo ofonoctl wan --connect
. You should then see an ip address and route to wwan gateway and wwan interface.

If you turn on wifi that will add another default route, for me it has lower priority than the wwan so that is not right.
Then
Code:
ip route
removed the wwan route and thus wifi became the only route.
That is without doing anything, the mobile data icon is still highlighted in the settings.

Turning wifi off:
Code:
ip route
is blank as only wifi route removed as wifi off.
Code:
ip a
shows wwan0 no longer has an p address.

Turning mobile data off and back on:
Nothing changes, as was the case initially.

Weirdly modem was powered off, had to do
Code:
ofonoctl poweron && ofonoctl online
Then
Code:
ofonoctl wan
gave the expected info.
Then you need
Code:
(you can add --append-dns to use the carrier DNS settings.
This then gives you an ip address and route, as before.

Turning mobile data 'off' on the settings has no effect, mobile data is still active - check ip address and route or ping something.

Ok, maybe ignore the wifi on deletes wwan - I did it again and it didn't and wwan has priority - bad.
If you remove the wwan default route / change priority that will fix it or delete the wwan ip address.

Not exactly pretty as it stands today.
But hopefully you can get mobile data working!
Pinephone v1.2 UBports CE. Adelaide, Australia using Amaysim SIM (Optus network, VoLTE enabled) with Mobian SD card. VoLTE working also with Felix / Vodafone AU and Aldimobile / Telstra AU.
Manjaro Plasma Mobile on EMMC.
(02-23-2021, 02:39 AM)dcinoz Wrote: Check
Code:
ofonoctl wan
If there are details there and it says static, you should have a blank
Code:
ip route
and
Code:
ip a
wwan ip address and to get an ip address and correct default route for you wwan you need to run
Code:
. You should then see an ip address and route to wwan gateway and wwan interface.

If you turn on wifi that will add another default route, for me it has lower priority than the wwan so that is not right.
Then
Code:
ip route
removed the wwan route and thus wifi became the only route.
That is without doing anything, the mobile data icon is still highlighted in the settings.

Turning wifi off:
Code:
ip route
is blank as only wifi route removed as wifi off.
Code:
ip a
shows wwan0 no longer has an p address.

Turning mobile data off and back on:
Nothing changes, as was the case initially.

Weirdly modem was powered off, had to do
Code:
ofonoctl poweron && ofonoctl online
Then
Code:
ofonoctl wan
gave the expected info.
Then you need
Code:
(you can add --append-dns to use the carrier DNS settings.
This then gives you an ip address and route, as before.

Turning mobile data 'off' on the settings has no effect, mobile data is still active - check ip address and route or ping something.

Ok, maybe ignore the wifi on deletes wwan - I did it again and it didn't and wwan has priority - bad.
If you remove the wwan default route / change priority that will fix it or delete the wwan ip address.

Not exactly pretty as it stands today.
But hopefully you can get mobile data working!

I am seeing the same issue being reported on the Manjaro form. They are indicating it seems to be a bug, and Network Manager is not updating
It's been a problem for a month now.

https://forum.manjaro.org/t/unable-to-co...work/50367

Sad

I would think working cellular would be a priority lol.
(02-23-2021, 10:50 AM)C0ffeeFreak Wrote: It's been a problem for a month now.

Sad

I am thinking it has been somewhat corrected. I see the checkmark, but still cannot connect. I will try to ssh in and see about the DNS resolv issue as soon as I can
(02-23-2021, 04:40 PM)KNERD Wrote:

Sad

I am thinking it has been somewhat corrected. I see the checkmark, but still cannot connect. I will try to ssh in and see about the DNS resolv issue as soon as I can
Nope. Still a problem. On every Plasma build not just Manjaro. It connects on first boot after instillation then never again after the second boot. Rhey really need to get rid of the Auto and do a manual network and APN selection like PHOSH uses.
(02-23-2021, 04:40 PM)KNERD Wrote:

Sad

I do have to use these commands regularly when I want to obtain mobile data access.  Sometimes ofono does not recognize the modem.  Sometimes the modem changes from 0 to 1 to even 2.  A quick and dirty fix would be to write a shell script to watch the processes and a cron job to restart them when they go down.  Yet even ofonod likes to sometimes crash to the point where i have to restart the phone.  In other words, sometimes even restarting the daemon does not work.  It is not all front end, I hasten to bet.

Yet I just end up entering the commands by hand through the console when I want to use it.  (I use the up arrow, of course).

One more thing: my network icon says there is no connection even though it works.

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=13110
Easier way to delete / add ip route for wwan0 (https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...4#pid90474)

Neat on / off mobile data command for Plasma Mobile (not checked with Mobian):

Get ip route for wwan0:
Code:
sudo ip link set dev wwan0 up

Delete ip route for wwan0:
Code:
sudo ip link set dev wwan0 down

It doesn't delete the wwan0 ip address but since there is no route for wwan0 that doesn't make any difference.

Seems like there is always a mobile data connection ready in normal circumstances, still don't know how to enable / disable that 'properly'.
Pinephone v1.2 UBports CE. Adelaide, Australia using Amaysim SIM (Optus network, VoLTE enabled) with Mobian SD card. VoLTE working also with Felix / Vodafone AU and Aldimobile / Telstra AU.
I've posted a script that you may find useful / adapt to your requirements to turn modem on / off and to enable data / disable data:
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...8#pid90498

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  debugging issue realted to iso image wth extra data eror penguins_rule 1 107 03-21-2024, 07:30 PM
Last Post: penguins_rule
  what is wrong with KDE plasma beta15 RC4? Uturn 8 1,331 10-02-2023, 05:07 AM
Last Post: Uturn
Exclamation My short experience with Manjaro Plasma Mobile anonymous 10 4,357 03-02-2023, 07:25 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  gnome-mobile dev Uturn 1 1,040 02-22-2023, 03:37 AM
Last Post: acrux
  Manjaro plasma-mobile Beta 13 Uturn 13 4,560 01-25-2023, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Manjaro Plasma busted Chief 2 1,479 11-22-2022, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Chief
  Disabling screen timeout for plasma mobile rp3 7 7,022 09-05-2022, 03:50 PM
Last Post: christev1
  VPN on Plasma Hobgoblin 1 1,217 08-29-2022, 03:14 AM
Last Post: saddamus
  manjaro-pinephone / plasma-mobile-dev: Update broken Uturn 32 28,570 07-28-2022, 12:40 PM
Last Post: johaennessen
  |Plasma] Blank screen + pointer, SDDM error tuxmain 0 942 07-04-2022, 11:42 AM
Last Post: tuxmain