MACtrack: Track MAC addresses to their street address using WiFi (Phosh Desktop App)
Lightbulb 
I posted video demo last night on a Phosh app/(Python/terminal with icon on interface/desktop). That video has more idea behind how it works/use ideas can be found here: https://youtu.be/Qr-tTC5nQKE
This can be a handy button to have on your phone to identify masked burglars or others by their WiFi devices (phone/pc). Tap MACtrack button and you have their phone mac address/brand name, along with the name of every saved WiFi Network they have printed to your screen, taking advantage of disconnected devices constant search for saved wifi networks. Then when a client/SSID looks interesting ctrl+c drops you to an SSID search prompt where you can find all street addresses/gps tied to the SSID you decided to search for.  MACtrack logs all resulting searches to a file for you.
SCREENSHOTS:

[Image: 0b8c561abfdcc53eb7014cd6765a508b.png]

WHAT DOES IT DO?

(uses WiFi to listen, Cellular to do SSID location (wigle database) lookups; Works on Pinetab with 2nd net device- one to listen, one w/internet to lookup)

PRIVACY SOLUTION:

• Delete previously saved networks on your devices.
  • Login to your router as admin.
  • Set a new SSID on your router.
  • Save new SSID (common SSID helps it blend in for wigle searches better) and your wifi devices will no longer be vulnerable to tracking by SSID history probes (unless someone maps your new SSID using the wigle app).

TO USE:

Check the variable locations (depending on OS - tested on Mobian Phosh), run the install.sh to put everything where it needs to be (including desktop icon), then anytime you need to find out about strange devices not connected to wifi and their previous location history, press the mactrack "radar" icon and it starts up listening to these saved network probes.

I am going to add more options. I found testing results useful/interesting/handy to have on demand, at the touch of a finger.

I included an install.sh script to install it right to the desktop of Phosh. I illustrated the icon for itSmile

To use the SSID location search prompt option, you need to sign up for access to the wigle API  (sorry can't share my account :-P). If not, you can still listen to/watch wifi client -> saved SSID probes and manually search on their website.

DOWNLOAD LOCATIONS:

https://odysee.com/@RTP:9/mactrack.tar:4

OR:

https://www.gitlab.com/Aresesi/mactrack

Nothing fancy atm (I will add more controls over time). Hope it is found useful/interesting Wink
- RTP

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, in the expert's mind there are few." -Shunryu Suzuki

[ Pinephone Original | Pinetab v1 / v2 Enjoyer ]

Linux Device Privacy / Security Playlist

Really cool, I built the same thing today but in C# and without the WiGLE API. (for now, great idea!)

Maybe we could work together on similar projects!
appreciate the positive feedback Smile
- RTP

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, in the expert's mind there are few." -Shunryu Suzuki

[ Pinephone Original | Pinetab v1 / v2 Enjoyer ]

Linux Device Privacy / Security Playlist

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  is there an progam to forward calls and texts to my desktop dallytaur 2 742 11-01-2023, 04:55 AM
Last Post: Samurai_Crow
Photo Mobian with X11 without Wayland and Phosh. Manieck71 0 833 09-09-2023, 07:35 AM
Last Post: Manieck71
  How to disable lock screen in Phosh? lat 14 13,842 03-31-2023, 04:17 AM
Last Post: Eugo
  Fedora + Phosh for PinePhone njha 74 127,894 12-12-2022, 10:19 PM
Last Post: wcdeich4@hotmail.com
  Enable 'upcoming-events' on Mobian/Phosh Korac 3 2,109 09-14-2022, 01:19 AM
Last Post: dukla2000
  Advise: ENABLE animations before updating phosh! Otherwise freezes and crashes! dante404 5 3,069 08-18-2022, 02:03 PM
Last Post: dante404
  Phosh message notifications issue itstoughtofocus 2 2,607 08-15-2022, 06:39 AM
Last Post: nemsys
  Building an image with phosh liara 1 1,722 02-01-2022, 08:26 AM
Last Post: kqlnut
  More useful terminal key layout for phosh's squeekboard Boern 21 26,645 01-15-2022, 02:35 PM
Last Post: gilwood
Bug My experience running desktop Linux on PinePhone Subsentient 5 4,648 12-31-2021, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Subsentient