Quartz64 chat
Hey all,

Quartz64 chat has now been set up, and as always you've three protocols to choose from.
It doesn't matter which protocol you choose as a three-way bridge is in place.

Quartz64 on Discord
Quartz64 on Telegram
Quartz64 on Matrix
Quartz64 on IRC (#quartz64)

See you there!
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

What happened to IRC? (Edit: ok solved, thanks!)
(02-18-2021, 12:13 PM)poVoq Wrote: What happened to IRC?

The reality is that other protocols are more popular by a magnitude of X than IRC. And bridging IRC, as I understand it, is a pain in the behind.
You'd have to ask @fire219 to bridge IRC up to the other Quartz64 chats and see what he says.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(02-18-2021, 12:40 PM)Luke Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 12:13 PM)poVoq Wrote: What happened to IRC?

The reality is that other protocols are more popular by a magnitude of X than IRC. And bridging IRC, as I understand it, is a pain in the behind.
You'd have to ask @fire219 to bridge IRC up to the other Quartz64 chats and see what he says.

Just bridged it this morning. Wink
Community administrator and sysadmin for PINE64
(Translation: If something breaks on the website, forum, or chat network, I'm a good person to yell at about it)

Bridging to IRC is easy and super stable with Matterbridge. All I can assume is that you are using some alpha quality bridges from the Matrix.org project, which might be a pain in the behind (as all of the buggy Matrix.org software).

Edit: ah cool. Thanks for supporting IRC.
(02-18-2021, 01:16 PM)poVoq Wrote: Bridging to IRC is easy and super stable with Matterbridge. All I can assume is that you are using some alpha quality bridges from the Matrix.org project, which might be a pain in the behind (as all of the buggy Matrix.org software).

We are in fact using Matterbridge. Matterbridge gets unstable and doesn't like being restarted when you have to bridge 12 channels, each on 4 platforms.

The config file also gets unwieldy... Wink 
Code:
# wc -l matterbridge.toml
309 matterbridge.toml
Community administrator and sysadmin for PINE64
(Translation: If something breaks on the website, forum, or chat network, I'm a good person to yell at about it)

(02-18-2021, 01:16 PM)poVoq Wrote: Bridging to IRC is easy and super stable with Matterbridge. All I can assume is that you are using some alpha quality bridges from the Matrix.org project, which might be a pain in the behind (as all of the buggy Matrix.org software).

Exactly.  What I mean is, I rather expected the problem to be on Matrix end, rather than IRC, which has been around forever and is a much simpler protocol.  Which is one of the many, many reasons I am not a fan of Matrix, and some of these other similar flashy (i.e., bloated), newer (so called) "alternatives" to IRC.

Anyway, @fire219, thanks for keeping us cranky old curmudgeons in the loop, mate.  Big Grin Heart

(02-18-2021, 12:40 PM)Luke Wrote: The reality is that other protocols are more popular by a magnitude of X than IRC.

Facebook, Twitter, and the Kardashians are also popular (apparently).  Does that make any of them either good or useful?
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).
^ is it really necessary to blow up this flood of off topic about one's personal preferences and what one doesn't like? I for example am excited to see here news about the board itself and not random ramblings about absolutely irrelevant things.

PS. I understand, that FSF evangelists can't do another way, but seriously, I came up to know more details about Quartz64, and what I see instead?
ANT - my hobby OS for x86 and ARM.
Which platform(s) are to be supported (or not) by the community are not a matter of personal preference, they are a matter of politics and therefore community discussion. If the community forums are not a place for that, I don't know where else would be.
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).
I'm really quite excited about the Quartz 64 as it sounds like it will be the chip that becomes the PinePhone 2. Knowing that you are making a 10' e-ink display that attaches to it makes me wonder if Pine has any intention to make an e-reader? Everyone know of the kindle and those e-ink drawing tablets that cost a fortune. If Pine64 could make a competing product that would be a dream come true for those wanting to get away from the walled garden of Amazon and Barnes and Noble devices and also a device for artists who prefer FOSS products and services. Just my two cents.

- Braillynn
librefree.me

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Telegram news channel (not chat) Luke 0 3,022 07-21-2020, 07:11 AM
Last Post: Luke
  Chit Chat about Tick Tock (July News Upadte) Luke 37 44,469 08-13-2019, 08:39 PM
Last Post: Der Geist der Maschine
  New Chat Options: Telegram Luke 1 4,359 07-22-2019, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Luke