weird sms issue specific to particular sender
Hi,

This was with Mobian but could apply to ther OS's...

Didn't get an SMS from my work vpn. Did 'sudo mmcli -m 0 --messaging-list-sms' and there was a message stuck in the 'receiving' state. So, deleted with 'sudo mmcli -m 0 --messaging-delete-sms=1'. Still couldn't receive SMS's from my work vpn, although I could receive them from other senders. Had to put my SIM in another phone to get my work vpn SMS. So it seems as if something specific to that sender is 'locked'.

Any suggestions on what I could have/can do?

Thanks
(02-17-2021, 10:39 AM)moodroid Wrote: Hi,

This was with Mobian but could apply to ther OS's...

Didn't get an SMS from my work vpn. Did 'sudo mmcli -m 0 --messaging-list-sms' and there was a message stuck in the 'receiving' state. So, deleted with 'sudo mmcli -m 0 --messaging-delete-sms=1'. Still couldn't receive SMS's from my work vpn, although I could receive them from other senders. Had to put my SIM in another phone to get my work vpn SMS. So it seems as if something specific to that sender is 'locked'.

Any suggestions on what I could have/can do?

Thanks

> Didn't get an SMS from my work vpn.

Can you explain this better? Like an email to SMS thing? or a phone to phone thing? Or is it sending you an MMS?

If I were to guess (assuming you are using chatty), chatty is not handling the fact that the sender's "number" is not a number real well. Can you say what the sending number is? Is it Phone number or email?
Hi @kop316

Thanks for replying. So, each day, when I connect to work, I get a generated SMS telling me the access code for the next time I need to connect. Quite how this happens, I don't know, but it'll be some kind on computer generated SMS, like for bank logins etc. When I look at the chat details, against 'Phone Number:', I just see a name rather than a phone number. I don't think it's an MMS as it's just a bit of plain text, and chatty does normally handle them - it was just this one occasion.

What I ended up doing, was deleting the chat in chatty, and the next one came through. It does sound like a chatty bug. If chatty had a problem with this particular one, would that account for the message being stuck with a status of 'receiving'?

Thanks,
(02-18-2021, 01:01 PM)moodroid Wrote: Hi @kop316

Thanks for replying. So, each day, when I connect to work, I get a generated SMS telling me the access code for the next time I need to connect. Quite how this happens, I don't know, but it'll be some kind on computer generated SMS, like for bank logins etc. When I look at the chat details, against 'Phone Number:', I just see a name rather than a phone number. I don't think it's an MMS as it's just a bit of plain text, and chatty does normally handle them - it was just this one occasion.

What I ended up doing, was deleting the chat in chatty, and the next one came through. It does sound like a chatty bug. If chatty had a problem with this particular one, would that account for the message being stuck with a status of 'receiving'?

Thanks,

It may? but in either case SMS is being refactored soon, and I don't htink that'd happen in a newer one.

It could be a strange one off error too.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phosh message notifications issue itstoughtofocus 2 2,698 08-15-2022, 06:39 AM
Last Post: nemsys
  Multi boot issue generaluser 4 3,289 10-06-2021, 07:45 AM
Last Post: generaluser
  Anyone has decode artifact issue with gstreamer v4l2 stateless h264 decoder ? john_nash 0 1,320 06-28-2021, 10:52 AM
Last Post: john_nash
  Pine Phone 64 - Indicator Lights specific to distribution? Harry27 1 2,277 03-04-2021, 01:21 PM
Last Post: wibble